Fall 2017 CANADIAN clinical psychology

BeezKnees

2 minutes ago, Jungandrestless said:

perhaps just have to wait some more, thanks for the info! 

I didn't have an interview when I got into the SCCP program at Alberta, though I'm not sure if the protocol differs between programs. It's the same department, however.

Best of luck!

4 minutes ago, ContentFaces said:

I didn't have an interview when I got into the SCCP program at Alberta, though I'm not sure if the protocol differs between programs. It's the same department, however.

Best of luck!

good to know, thanks! and congratulations! :) 

18 hours ago, Noctiv said:

Imposter syndrome to the max! No, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people starting out in clinical programs do not have an MA (and looking at program stats for certain universities that provide enough information, most people are entering from the BA level). You're worrying too much, and it seems to me if anything getting in from the BA level would be more impressive than from the MA level ;)

Thanks, I'm glad it's just me being irrational! 

56 minutes ago, hsnl said:

For anyone who applied to Concordia, the admissions committee is meeting this week (finally) so we will hopefully hear back next week sometime. 

Thanks for the info! Can't wait! This is so painful...

Edited by Neposydko

10 minutes ago, psych123456 said:

For those of you who have received offers when do you anticipate accepting an offer by....I am waitlisted and I just wanted a rough idea of what people were thinking :( 

I am in the same position as you, so I can't exactly speak for those who have been offered entry, but I would strap yourself in for waiting until April. This is when the results of CGS are released, and many people who have received offers may themselves be on a waitlist for a more preferred university. It sucks having to wait so long :(

Edited by Noctiv

10 minutes ago, Noctiv said:

I am in the same position as you, so I can't exactly speak for those who have been offered entry, but I would strap yourself in for waiting until April. This is when the results of CGS are released, and many people who have received offers may themselves be on a waitlist for a more preferred university. It sucks having to wait so long :(

Are the CGS results specific to certain schools? I didn't apply for funding so I am unfamiliar with how the process works :S 

1 minute ago, psych123456 said:

Are the CGS results specific to certain schools? I didn't apply for funding so I am unfamiliar with how the process works :S 

Each school evaluates the candidates who have applied for governmental funding with them (a candidate gets up to 5 University picks to apply to in a given year), and submit their pick to the government committees who approve the final choice. But all of them have a limit date near mid-April when they have to let students know of their standing. This is what I understood from their website at least :)

41 minutes ago, Neposydko said:

Each school evaluates the candidates who have applied for governmental funding with them (a candidate gets up to 5 University picks to apply to in a given year), and submit their pick to the government committees who approve the final choice. But all of them have a limit date near mid-April when they have to let students know of their standing. This is what I understood from their website at least :)

Thanks for explaining all that! That sounds like a long wait unfortunately for us :( best of luck to you though!!

1 hour ago, psych123456 said:

For those of you who have received offers when do you anticipate accepting an offer by....I am waitlisted and I just wanted a rough idea of what people were thinking :( 

I have received an offer from a school and personally, I am waiting to hear on April 1st my status for funding. I've known of people in the past who were rejected from everywhere they applied, but then were offered funding and once they advised their POI of being successful in obtaining funding, they were offered a spot in the program. So, for me, I am waiting to know all of my options before making a final decision. 

To the person who got the rejection from Ryerson- I'm so sorry you were rejected! Would you mind telling me if it was an official rejection or if it was from your POI? I'm 99% sure I've been rejected as well so I'd like to know. 

23 minutes ago, hsnl said:

To the person who got the rejection from Ryerson- I'm so sorry you were rejected! Would you mind telling me if it was an official rejection or if it was from your POI? I'm 99% sure I've been rejected as well so I'd like to know. 

I am not the person who posted about Ryerson but I too received a formal rejection letter today from the university.

21 minutes ago, hsnl said:

It was an official "We regret to inform you..." rejection email.

Oh well. I'm 31, so I'm really hoping to get accepted into, and limited to, Counselling Psych at OISE. A two-year career change is fundamentally more attractive to me, even if the options are broader for clinical.

13 minutes ago, analysistoronto said:

It was an official "We regret to inform you..." rejection email.

Oh well. I'm 31, so I'm really hoping to get accepted into, and limited to, Counselling Psych at OISE. A two-year career change is fundamentally more attractive to me, even if the options are broader for clinical.

Thanks for letting me know! I'm glad to hear you have options that are a better fit for you :) best of luck with OISE! 

15 minutes ago, 2016PsycApplicant said:

I am not the person who posted about Ryerson but I too received a formal rejection letter today from the university.

I'm sorry to hear that, but thanks for letting me know! It's weird though, I wasn't invited to the visiting day after my skype interview and I was pretty much told I would be rejected. Maybe they're sending rejections over a few days or something. 

3 hours ago, Piagets#1Fan said:

I was accepted to the McGill Counselling MA program tonight! Not much internal funding offered, but still really excited! Hoping to hear back from CGS before the April 15th deadline for grad schools. 

Congrats!!!

5 hours ago, hsnl said:

I'm sorry to hear that, but thanks for letting me know! It's weird though, I wasn't invited to the visiting day after my skype interview and I was pretty much told I would be rejected. Maybe they're sending rejections over a few days or something. 

It was similar with me. I never heard back after my preliminary Skype interview with my POI. 

22 hours ago, delmoon said:

Has anyone gotten an offer from York yet ?

21 hours ago, cosimaniehaus said:

Not yet. I'm checking my email every hour though lol :/

From what I hear, offers have begun being sent out individually first by the PIs, and then officially by the graduate office when received. You should be hearing back soon for those at the top of the PIs' lists. 

To the person who was rejected from Waterloo in the Results page, I am really sorry to hear! I know what an intense process their interviewing was so be proud you made it that far! Would you mind messaging me your POI? I am on a waitlist and I am basically going insane so anything would help!