Fall 2017 CANADIAN clinical psychology

BeezKnees

1 hour ago, LuciFir said:

Accepted into OISE program! will accept. pm me for POI.

Thank you for this forum, it has been very helpful. Never give up trying no matter how many assholes tell you it's impossible.

Congratulations! Which program?

Also, does anyone have any updates on York Clinical Developmental after their interview/open house?

1 hour ago, LuciFir said:

Thank you for this forum, it has been very helpful. Never give up trying no matter how many assholes tell you it's impossible.

Congratulations, I can imagine the relief! Did you have an interview/any email correspondence/SGS update prior to being accepted if you don't mind me asking? 

39 minutes ago, 2016PsycApplicant said:

Also, does anyone have any updates on York Clinical Developmental after their interview/open house?

Nope nothing 

Did anyone else not get a single response from any university yet? I applied to 8 universities across Canada and haven't received a response from any besides Western University. Have I completely lost chance at U of T, Ryerson, and York?

2 hours ago, LuciFir said:

Which OISE program? There's a few ;) But, congrats!! That's amazing!! It's so nice to see people achieving their dreams on here

1 hour ago, Jungandrestless said:

I see on the results section some people received offers and rejections for counselling at McGill, is this for the project or internship stream or both? Thanks!

I was accepted to the project stream, but I am waiting to hear back from McGill and Ottawa clinical before I make a decision. McGill is my dream school, but the counselling program offered less funding than the clinical! Wishing you the best of luck for your applications

2 hours ago, cosimaniehaus said:

Wondering this as well. Has anyone heard back?

2 hours ago, 2016PsycApplicant said:

Grad office may still be shooting out official letters of acceptance, but most PIs should have reached out to the students they want to recommend for acceptance already. 

On 3/5/2017 at 9:25 AM, psychlops said:

Hi everyone!

I am also wondering if anybody has heard ANYTHING back from UTSC? The wait is killing me....

Thanks!

On 3/5/2017 at 11:31 AM, Psyapply said:

I also have not heard anything from UTSC since the Skype pre-interview....Does it means no hope.....?

First wave of acceptance offers should have been sent out by now...I would say check in with your POIs to confirm. 

22 minutes ago, Jay's Brain said:

Grad office may still be shooting out official letters of acceptance, but most PIs should have reached out to the students they want to recommend for acceptance already. 

I'm a little surprised that no one has posted anything yet on the results page about York acceptances

1 hour ago, cosimaniehaus said:

I'm a little surprised that no one has posted anything yet on the results page about York acceptances

Could be that a lot of people this year who were accepted this year have not followed GradCafe or have chosen not to post. 

3 hours ago, Piagets#1Fan said:

Which OISE program? There's a few ;) But, congrats!! That's amazing!! It's so nice to see people achieving their dreams on here

I was accepted to the project stream, but I am waiting to hear back from McGill and Ottawa clinical before I make a decision. McGill is my dream school, but the counselling program offered less funding than the clinical! Wishing you the best of luck for your applications

Do you know if offers for the internship stream have gone out? I see some people put rejections or acceptances but my application still says in review.

5 hours ago, JillShah said:

Did anyone else not get a single response from any university yet? I applied to 8 universities across Canada and haven't received a response from any besides Western University. Have I completely lost chance at U of T, Ryerson, and York?

Yes! I applied to 6 in BC and I'm still waiting on all of them :( 

14 hours ago, JillShah said:

Were you rejected from Western? I haven't heard anything and I'm not sure which is worse.

12 hours ago, Jay's Brain said:

Thanks. Do you know if they let the short-list applicants know if they are waitlisted or they won't reject until the end of the term ?

To check for OISE counselling i went on ROSI and don't see any information on my application and then checked my sgs for uoft and it shows as under review. Anyone else also have this? To those that were accepted, did your status on sgs change to invited? Thanks! 

35 minutes ago, Jungandrestless said:

To check for OISE counselling i went on ROSI and don't see any information on my application and then checked my sgs for uoft and it shows as under review. Anyone else also have this? To those that were accepted, did your status on sgs change to invited? Thanks! 

Mine is like this as well. SGS only changes to 'decision made,' but I've heard that it will change long after you already know the results of your application.

16 hours ago, 2016PsycApplicant said:

Thank you! CCP :)

1 hour ago, Jungandrestless said:

ROSI will say "invited". So far I know of 1 or 2 people (based on the results section and other forums) who's ROSI's have changed to invited for the Counselling MEd program. I spoke to the program liason and he said they were still in the decision making process, and results should be out mid march (so within the next week or so). 

How long is OISE masters of education psychotherapy program is it from september 2017- April 2019?

for those who got accepted how many hours did you have of experience and is your first time applying?

4 hours ago, ContentFaces said:

Mine is like this as well. SGS only changes to 'decision made,' but I've heard that it will change long after you already know the results of your application.

Thanks!!

3 hours ago, MSW-hopeful-2016 said:

ROSI will say "invited". So far I know of 1 or 2 people (based on the results section and other forums) who's ROSI's have changed to invited for the Counselling MEd program. I spoke to the program liason and he said they were still in the decision making process, and results should be out mid march (so within the next week or so). 

thanks for the update!!

12 hours ago, delmoon said:

Thanks. Do you know if they let the short-list applicants know if they are waitlisted or they won't reject until the end of the term ?

That could be faculty member dependent, and also varies by how many students they may have had on their shortlist. I suggest asking them for an update just for clarity. Otherwise, you might not hear back till later like you said.

Also, keep in mind that CGS-M opens April 1st. That can also be used as a status check for those still waiting!