Fall 2017 CANADIAN clinical psychology

BeezKnees

18 hours ago, wannabeatuoft said:

Congrats! I am sure this means good news. 

I applied to the MEd program but have yet to hear back. In contacting the school I was informed that I likely won’t hear back from them until the end of April. Don’t know how I can wait that long haha 

They had said that to me as well originally but then out of nowhere I got this email.  

51 minutes ago, FluffyPancakes said:

You may be on a few wait-lists like BeezKnees said.  Not all school tell you that you have been wait-listed.  You could politely inquire about your application status to your professor of interest or the admissions team. 

I wrote an email expressing my continued interest in the program and professor as well as asking about my status. I was promptly told I was on a wait-list. 

I hope that helps! Good luck! :)

how long do you think it's appropriate to wait before contacting your POI abt you app status? i thanked mine via email after meeting her at visiting/interview day but she didn't reply and now i'm just waiting to hear back. :(

3 minutes ago, prospectclin said:

how long do you think it's appropriate to wait before contacting your POI abt you app status? i thanked mine via email after meeting her at visiting/interview day but she didn't reply and now i'm just waiting to hear back. :(

During my interview process, they let us know when we should expect an answer, so I waited a few days after the expected "hear-something-by" date.  I plan to inquire about my place on the list in April. I don't think the time-frame matters too much, honestly.  I think if you write a thoughtful email requesting information, it shows you are eager and interested in the program.  

2 hours ago, BeezKnees said:

I think it's because the first round offers have gone out. But, if some of them decline their offers then a lot of schools move onto the next round of profs who are able to interview and accept. So if someone's been rejected it means they've either been rejected by all of their listed POIs or they don't meet the school requirements. If they've been accepted it means they're among the first round of offers. Everyone else is kind of in-between because they haven't been rejected by all of their POIs but they do technically meet the minimum requirements. So until the school's spaces have been filled, they can't technically reject everyone who's qualified unless they've been officially denied by all their POIs.

Don't give up hope! Last year I got an extra interview around this time, and this year I was asked to interview (and interviewed) yesterday for another school. Until you're rejected there's still a bit of hope!

Well that makes sense! Thanks for your response :)

So I did not get into UBC - just got my rejection - but was not surprised because I didn't take CNPS 362, the course they focus everything on. I also am somewhat relieved now because I didn't want a non-thesis based program which is what the MEd there is. Now just the waiting game after interviews next week! 

34 minutes ago, SFUFTW said:

So I did not get into UBC - just got my rejection - but was not surprised because I didn't take CNPS 362, the course they focus everything on. I also am somewhat relieved now because I didn't want a non-thesis based program which is what the MEd there is. Now just the waiting game after interviews next week! 

Good luck on your interviews!!!

46 minutes ago, TinaPsyc said:

and second rejection today uottawa ? that was my top choice. good luck to everyone else !! 

Sorry to hear that :( did they email you are did you check uzone. 

10 minutes ago, PhDPLZ said:

Sorry to hear that :( did they email you are did you check uzone. 

they emailed me, and also it says on my uzone. it was just an automatic email saying a decision has been made. 

1 minute ago, TinaPsyc said:

they emailed me, and also it says on my uzone. it was just an automatic email saying a decision has been made. 

Ok, thank you. Hopefully you hear good news from another school! Was it clinical or their counselling program? 

6 minutes ago, PhDPLZ said:

Ok, thank you. Hopefully you hear good news from another school! Was it clinical or their counselling program? 

thank you! and it was clinical 

On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 4:07 PM, FluffyPancakes said:

Thank you!  Any information helps!

Superfruitpsych - Congrats to your friend!  That is awesome.  All of the people I met at interviews were absolutely amazing, so I am confident in saying she deserves it!  If you don't mind my asking, did she apply to the Clinical Psych PhD or MA?  Does she think she'll accept?

FacelessMage - If I hear anything about the wait-list or rejections, I will be sure to post about it here. I do know there is a wait-list, but I do not know anything about the size or likelihood of anyone being accepted from it.

Hi it was the MA, I think she will be accepting.

At this point I don't know if I'm dreading or looking forward to April 15, can't wait for all this uncertainty to be over!!!

17 hours ago, superfruitpsych said:

Hi it was the MA, I think she will be accepting.

At this point I don't know if I'm dreading or looking forward to April 15, can't wait for all this uncertainty to be over!!!

Thank you so much for the information!!!

I feel exactly the same about the 15th.  I really want to know my results so I can plan my future, but I am also not in a hurry to have my dreams crushed. <(o^_^o<)y

8 hours ago, PhDPLZ said:

Rejected from Ryerson. Another one bites the dust...

I'm Sorry!  That really sucks.  I know how you feel.  This process is illuminating, exciting, and a great learning experience, but it is also pretty rough on one's self-esteem.

I hope one of your other prospects works out in your favor.

Good luck!!!!

1 hour ago, Psych.kitty said:

It says refused on the Ottawa website :( Weird. My POI never informed me and I never got any e-mails. Welp, that sucks. 

Me too. Saw it yesterday. Not even a rejection letter filled with the usual platitudes! :/

57 minutes ago, Noctiv said:

Me too. Saw it yesterday. Not even a rejection letter filled with the usual platitudes! :/

Me as well, I am surprised [not really] that they did not send at least an email informing of status change. Honestly though, OttawaU is such a disorganized and cold school I am not shocked they don't even have the common curtesy to send a proper refusal letter. 

Only have three schools I have not heard from left :( although I am sure that I will not be accepted into either Dalhousie or York. McGill is pretty up in the air. Argh.