Fall 2017 CANADIAN clinical psychology

BeezKnees

15 minutes ago, PhDPLZ said:

I noticed that my application on Windsor EGAS is no longer there. Was wondering if anyone else has this issue? 

Mine is still there and my status says "in process" even though I'm on the waitlist

41 minutes ago, cosimaniehaus said:

Mine is still there and my status says "in process" even though I'm on the waitlist

Weirdness..... I sent an email but of course they are 'away from the office'. Hopefully it doesn't mean I was rejected off of the waitlist :'(

2 hours ago, PhDPLZ said:

Only have three schools I have not heard from left :( although I am sure that I will not be accepted into either Dalhousie or York. McGill is pretty up in the air. Argh. 

ugh! so much stress. feel you. Good luck!!

For any of the Ottawa U applicants who were notified simply by the word "refused" on uozone, I feel you. What a demoralizing process at Ottawa U. I hope that you don't let this get you down too much. It is ironic that a program that should be centered not only around research and academia, but empathy and compassion also, cannot even treat its' hard working applicants with dignity and respect. Congratulations to you all on your hard work preparing your applications. You should be proud and I sincerely wish that your best path becomes clear for you soon enough. 

For Ottawa U people, they did this in previous years too. You'll likely get a rejection letter in 1-3 weeks. They tend to change the status and then email out all rejections after the April 15th deadline at the same time.

46 minutes ago, StudentofPsych said:

For any of the Ottawa U applicants who were notified simply by the word "refused" on uozone, I feel you. What a demoralizing process at Ottawa U. I hope that you don't let this get you down too much. It is ironic that a program that should be centered not only around research and academia, but empathy and compassion also, cannot even treat its' hard working applicants with dignity and respect. Congratulations to you all on your hard work preparing your applications. You should be proud and I sincerely wish that your best path becomes clear for you soon enough. 

Well said. Likely won't be applying there next year if I'm not accepted anywhere. So disorganized and uninformative (including when I sent questions to the graduate office) - felt like throwing $100 down the toilet!

42 minutes ago, BeezKnees said:

For Ottawa U people, they did this in previous years too. You'll likely get a rejection letter in 1-3 weeks. They tend to change the status and then email out all rejections after the April 15th deadline at the same time.

Good to know, thanks!

45 minutes ago, BeezKnees said:

Question for you based off your signature - were you interviewed at U of Regina? You have it crossed off, but orange like for the other places you interviewed. I'm waitlisted there, but was told I would be interviewed only if I come up from the wait-list.

17 minutes ago, Noctiv said:

Question for you based off your signature - were you interviewed at U of Regina? You have it crossed off, but orange like for the other places you interviewed. I'm waitlisted there, but was told I would be interviewed only if I come up from the wait-list.

I was! I was interviewed, and my prof actually put me forward for acceptance, and then I was rejected by the admissions committee. C'est la vie, haha.

5 minutes ago, BeezKnees said:

I was! I was interviewed, and my prof actually put me forward for acceptance, and then I was rejected by the admissions committee. C'est la vie, haha.

Ah - sounds like it just depends on the prof then. Sorry to hear and thanks for the info!

Does any else still have under evaluation from uOttawa? I don't really know what to expect with this - I didn't get a follow up from my POI for any interviews and I caved and wrote to them to follow up and havn't heard back either :( To all those rejected - we all feel your pain. 

5 minutes ago, Jungandrestless said:

Does any else still have under evaluation from uOttawa? I don't really know what to expect with this - I didn't get a follow up from my POI for any interviews and I caved and wrote to them to follow up and havn't heard back either :( To all those rejected - we all feel your pain. 

Yes it's the same for me... exactly the same situation as you. I freaked out this morning when people said they were rejected and went to check, but nothing has changed.... 

17 minutes ago, Neposydko said:

Yes it's the same for me... exactly the same situation as you. I freaked out this morning when people said they were rejected and went to check, but nothing has changed.... 

22 minutes ago, Jungandrestless said:

So I've heard back for counselling psychology but I'm not sure if that's what you guys applied to. 

Has anyone heard from University of Saskatchewan?  It's the last school I'm waiting to hear from. I'm not feeling particularly hopeful but I just want to know! (I'm sure no one here knows how that feels... haha!) 

54 minutes ago, AMKH said:

Has anyone heard from University of Saskatchewan?  It's the last school I'm waiting to hear from. I'm not feeling particularly hopeful but I just want to know! (I'm sure no one here knows how that feels... haha!) 

I applied to the Applied Social stream rather than the Clinical one, but I got a call from my supervisor Wednesday telling me I was accepted...Hopefully that means that clinical isn't too far behind! I hope you hear something soon :)

1 hour ago, coffeelover2317 said:

SFUFTW: Did you get an acceptance for Counselling? I haven't yet... lol, still says "under evaluation"... I wonder if that means I'm rejected :P

So I got an email from admissions asking me to contact a professor because the professor would like to speak to me - so I'm meeting with her next week to chat. But nothing changes on my application