Fall 2017 CANADIAN clinical psychology

BeezKnees

I got accepted at the University of Ottawa in clinical psychology (French stream)

I am planning on accepting it ... even though I applied for Law School (McGill) and medicine.

Anyone interested my GPA is 87.XX in the last two years of study.

Bilingual

Very strong letter of recommendations

Lots of research experience in history of psychology and psychiatry, quantitative and qualitative research. Also a lot of valuable positions for the government and mental health institutions.

57 minutes ago, Philosoph said:

I got accepted at the University of Ottawa in clinical psychology (French stream)

I am planning on accepting it ... even though I applied for Law School (McGill) and medicine.

Bilingual

Lots of research experience in history of psychology and psychiatry, quantitative and qualitative research. Also a lot of valuable positions for the government and mental health institutions.

Congratulations:)

8 hours ago, Philosoph said:

Bilingual

congrats!! super jealous. 

It was the MA, but she also said that if you are rejected from the MA (because of not finding an available supervisor), if you meet the minimum requirements you are accepted into the M.Ed which is in the same stream... :/ not sure how I feel about that

10 hours ago, Philosoph said:

Bilingual

Congratulations! :) Were you notified by your POI?

12 hours ago, Philosoph said:

Bilingual

Congratulations! Was this on Friday? I applied to French Stream too and haven't heard back...Fingers are crossed, but I don't have my hopes up because I know I already was my POI's second choice in terms of grad students. 

15 minutes ago, prospectclin said:

Did anyone here apply to McMaster?

My friend did, but not for clinical. She has an unofficial offer and is waiting on the official one to come in...not sure how different their clinical training stream is, but things are definitely moving along there! 

Just got the e-mail from Ottawa U about OGS - was waitlisted, just like with acceptance. If you applied for OGS at Ottawa U, check your inbox!

Shot in the dark - is there anyone here who was accepted at either U of Manitoba or U of Regina and is not/probably not accepting? Please have mercy on the waitlisted!

3 minutes ago, Noctiv said:

Shot in the dark - is there anyone here who was accepted at either U of Manitoba or U of Regina and is not/probably not accepting? Please have mercy on the waitlisted!

Hi - just wondering how you heard about your status at U of Regina? Thanks!

38 minutes ago, The Waiting Game said:

Hi - just wondering how you heard about your status at U of Regina? Thanks!

Email from POI - was told I would be interviewed if moved up from the waitlist. I never received any official confirmation/letter though and application status is unchanged.

Edited by Noctiv

On 3/12/2017 at 2:13 PM, Piagets#1Fan said:

Congratulations! Was this on Friday? I applied to French Stream too and haven't heard back...Fingers are crossed, but I don't have my hopes up because I know I already was my POI's second choice in terms of grad students. 

5 hours ago, PhDPLZ said:

To those accepted into OttawaU, do you mind sharing your POI as well as whether you interviewed or not. Thanks!

Hello guys. I was contacted via email. I am not sure if I am allowed to share my POI or not so I will refrain from doing so. I was indeed contacted last Friday via the educational email I had put

Anyone apply to the University of British Columbia - Okanagan?  Have you heard anything?  If accepted or wait-listed, do you think you'll attend?  I believe offers have been extended, is it likely there will be a second round?

55 minutes ago, FluffyPancakes said:

Anyone apply to the University of British Columbia - Okanagan?  Have you heard anything?  If accepted or wait-listed, do you think you'll attend?  I believe offers have been extended, is it likely there will be a second round?

I've heard absolutely nothing from them.

On 11/03/2017 at 9:35 AM, lockman86 said:

Thanks for the info! So if I still haven't received a letter from OISE for SCCP, does it mean that I am currently on the wait list automatically? Or there is elsewhere that I can get an update of status from? 

I emailed admissions asking if all acceptance letters have been mailed out, and they said applicants should receive an official response in March either way.

Nevertheless, it's not looking good for us:(

13 hours ago, FluffyPancakes said:

12 hours ago, FacelessMage said:

Hi guys, I did not apply but my friend did and she has been accepted, not long after the in-person open house/interview day. Not sure if there are second rounds. Hope that helps

3 hours ago, superfruitpsych said:

Hi guys, I did not apply but my friend did and she has been accepted, not long after the in-person open house/interview day. Not sure if there are second rounds. Hope that helps

16 hours ago, FacelessMage said:

Thank you!  Any information helps!

Superfruitpsych - Congrats to your friend!  That is awesome.  All of the people I met at interviews were absolutely amazing, so I am confident in saying she deserves it!  If you don't mind my asking, did she apply to the Clinical Psych PhD or MA?  Does she think she'll accept?

FacelessMage - If I hear anything about the wait-list or rejections, I will be sure to post about it here. I do know there is a wait-list, but I do not know anything about the size or likelihood of anyone being accepted from it.

So I just received an email from the University of Ottawa saying:

Please contact Professor ___________________ concerning your admission application to our Counselling Psychology program. She would like to get in contact with you, her email address is: __________________. 

Not sure if we are supposed to name people here, so I won't do that - but such an interesting way to get in touch! 

2 hours ago, SFUFTW said:

So I just received an email from the University of Ottawa saying:

Please contact Professor ___________________ concerning your admission application to our Counselling Psychology program. She would like to get in contact with you, her email address is: __________________. 

Not sure if we are supposed to name people here, so I won't do that - but such an interesting way to get in touch! 

Congrats! I am sure this means good news. 

I applied to the MEd program but have yet to hear back. In contacting the school I was informed that I likely won’t hear back from them until the end of April. Don’t know how I can wait that long haha 

Edited by wannabeatuoft
error

41 minutes ago, TinaPsyc said:

received my first rejection from uvic, didn't have high hopes for getting in there anyways, no interview. good luck to everyone else who applied there ☺

TinaPsyc, you are not alone.  I Just received my rejection letter from uvic.  Congrats to those accepted and good luck to the wait listed hopefuls.  Anyways, I wish you the best of luck with your other prospects! 

Edited by FluffyPancakes

58 minutes ago, PhDPLZ said:

Does anyone know why at certain schools some people have been rejected and accepted and then there is me just waiting in the dark!? 

I think it's because the first round offers have gone out. But, if some of them decline their offers then a lot of schools move onto the next round of profs who are able to interview and accept. So if someone's been rejected it means they've either been rejected by all of their listed POIs or they don't meet the school requirements. If they've been accepted it means they're among the first round of offers. Everyone else is kind of in-between because they haven't been rejected by all of their POIs but they do technically meet the minimum requirements. So until the school's spaces have been filled, they can't technically reject everyone who's qualified unless they've been officially denied by all their POIs.

Don't give up hope! Last year I got an extra interview around this time, and this year I was asked to interview (and interviewed) yesterday for another school. Until you're rejected there's still a bit of hope!

1 hour ago, PhDPLZ said:

Does anyone know why at certain schools some people have been rejected and accepted and then there is me just waiting in the dark!? 

You may be on a few wait-lists like BeezKnees said.  Not all school tell you that you have been wait-listed.  You could politely inquire about your application status to your professor of interest or the admissions team. 

I wrote an email expressing my continued interest in the program and professor as well as asking about my status. I was promptly told I was on a wait-list. 

I hope that helps! Good luck! :)