Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

4 minutes ago, stereopticons said:

There haven't been any posts since last night for any discipline, as far as I can tell. 

Yeah I'm wondering if the results page is broken -- it hasn't changed AT ALL since last night which is unusual

17 minutes ago, JacobW83 said:

Yeah I'm wondering if the results page is broken -- it hasn't changed AT ALL since last night which is unusual

I actually just tried to post a rejection and it wouldn't let me. Any moderators here...can you please help??

3 minutes ago, UngSully said:

If I haven't heard anything from a program by now...it's probably bad news, but is there ANY hope at all?

Depends on the program, I guess. I still have 2 phone interviews and 3 in-person interviews to attend plus a couple of programs that have not sent notifications yet.

3 minutes ago, schizometric said:

Depends on the program, I guess. I still have 2 phone interviews and 3 in-person interviews to attend plus a couple of programs that have not sent notifications yet.

I have 1 interview and 2 programs I haven't heard anything from...we'll see I guess. 

10 hours ago, Rose1128 said:

To those who went to UNLV interview weekend...they said today we hear back. Does anyone remember what time they said they're meeting? Today is going to be a long day....

My friend got an offer from them today! Not sure if anyone is seeing who's getting in..it looks like the results page is broken :(

Finished all my interviews yesterday. Now I am playing the nerve-wracking waiting game... Do anyone hear from Boston University/ University of Pittsburgh after interviews? The result page does not update recently.. Thank you very much!

Has anyone been in a position where they've received a verbal offer of admission (call or informal email from POI) but did not receive a follow up formal offer from the school? My POI told me she was offering me a spot about a week ago and I still haven't gotten anything official from the school

7 minutes ago, MrKrabs said:

Has anyone been in a position where they've received a verbal offer of admission (call or informal email from POI) but did not receive a follow up formal offer from the school? My POI told me she was offering me a spot about a week ago and I still haven't gotten anything official from the school

I received a call from a professor offering me a spot 2 days ago but nothing official from the school. I'm a little concerned about it but at the interview day, they did say it may take a little awhile for the system to update and send out notifications

20 minutes ago, neuropsych4life said:

How long after an interview day do people on the waitlist typically get notified? Asking for an anxious/nervous/waitlisted friend:unsure:

I think it really just depends on how long it takes for the person they offered admission to give them an answer. As soon as they hear back with a no, they'll contact the first alternate on the waitlist.

32 minutes ago, MrKrabs said:

I got an offer a little over a week ago and still haven't either. I know they had to process my background check and that can take time but I am so anxious waiting! I want to make sure I actually got accepted and didn't make it all up in my head haha ;)

5 minutes ago, psychlife4me said:

I got an offer a little over a week ago and still haven't either. I know they had to process my background check and that can take time but I am so anxious waiting! I want to make sure I actually got accepted and didn't make it all up in my head haha ;)

I know what you mean about worrying that it's all in your head lol. I saw the official letter and still had an irrational fear that there could've been a mistake.

23 minutes ago, neuropsych4life said:

How long after an interview day do people on the waitlist typically get notified? Asking for an anxious/nervous/waitlisted friend:unsure:

I think at this point in the process, most people are feeling the ever present anxiety of waiting to hear back from the schools they have interviewed at but unfortunately there is no straight forward answer to when that might happen. Some people have posted that they hear back from schools in less than a week but I think that is uncommonly quick in this process. I have had 3 interviews and they have all taken 2-4 weeks to get back to applicants because many of them still have to get funding approved from both the psychology and the graduate departments. The best way to get an idea about when you might hear back is by checking the results from that school in previous years. Other than that, just stay busy and try not to think about the blank hole that is your future currently. I know that seems impossible to do as I have been on the verge of driving myself crazy with how often I am checking my email and the results page but ultimately things are going to be okay. Even if you have to reapply next year, you are still hopefully building your resume with more conference and publication experience that will help make you competitive for your top choice in graduate school and internships in the future. Or at least that is what I am telling myself to combat the anxiety :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, psychlife4me said:

My friend got an offer from them today! Not sure if anyone is seeing who's getting in..it looks like the results page is broken :(

Congrats to your friend! I think they sent emails out about 6pm (their time zone). Fortunately mine was good news!