Jump to content

Canadian Political Science Programs- Fall 2017 cycle


Recommended Posts

Also yesterday I left the McGill PS department a message pleading to them to take a look at my application in absence of the GRE -- up to that point my application status remained frozen as 'submitted' and never 'under review'. Well anyways, they responded by giving me a rejection letter today... Hey at least I tried ;). 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking at the previous results, probably some time between late February to early April depending on the school.

Yes absolutely! I'm lifting this info word-for-word directly from the letter. "A sampling of recent academic placements (within the past 10 years) is as follows: Tenure Track Positions: Univ

Ah congrats! Selfishly hoping you get in to the other schools lol. 

16 hours ago, Crème brûlée said:

@Pahi Congratulations! Montreal is a fantastic city. May I ask if your status has been also updated on the portal? 

Thank you! Looking forward to having all offers/rejections in so that I can make a decision. Status still says "under review" on the portal but I got an e-mail yesterday saying the application was successful and they'll send the official letter soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, boruchan93 said:

Well I received another rejection. This time from UVic. 

So sorry to hear :( Don't lose heart though. There are lots of excellent programs you're waiting to hear from. Sometimes it's just about that "fit" and you never know which program you might be a great candidate for. Sending lots of good wishes you way!

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Pahi said:

Thank you! Looking forward to having all offers/rejections in so that I can make a decision. Status still says "under review" on the portal but I got an e-mail yesterday saying the application was successful and they'll send the official letter soon. 

Thanks for clarification. Mine also still says "in review" and I didn't receive any news so I'm going to count it as a rejection (at least for now). Fit wasn't really great though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DanielBean said:

Any offer from Queen's?

I'm an undergrad at Queen's and my thesis supervisor in politics was still reviewing graduate applications at the end of the week of Feb. 6-10 – not sure how useful info that is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cinnamonchai said:

Sorry if someone had already posted this on another thread (forgive a newbie), but is anyone applying to CERES at Munk School U of T?

A friend of mine applied to this program and has still not received word on their application.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received a general e-mail from Alberta. Apparently they received 108 application (MA and PhD combined) and their new application system is glitchy which makes it hard for them to process the data. Mail said that their committee will meet first week of March and they will start inviting people for Skype interviews.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone contacted UBC lately? They said they should get back to us late Feb/early March so I would guess that we should expect some news next week. Also, I talked to UofT and they said that successful applicants will be contacted early March so that's probably in two weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, _Dreamer_ said:

Has anyone contacted UBC lately? They said they should get back to us late Feb/early March so I would guess that we should expect some news next week. Also, I talked to UofT and they said that successful applicants will be contacted early March so that's probably in two weeks.

I haven't contacted UBC so thanks for getting in touch with them and U of T as well. I'm waiting to hear from both of them too! Fingers crossed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2017 at 3:45 PM, boruchan93 said:

Just received a general e-mail from Alberta. Apparently they received 108 application (MA and PhD combined) and their new application system is glitchy which makes it hard for them to process the data. Mail said that their committee will meet first week of March and they will start inviting people for Skype interviews.

That's what I got as well. Didn't even realize that they were going to do interviews

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pahi said:

That's what I got as well. Didn't even realize that they were going to do interviews

I remember seeing it as a part of admissions process. They also have great funding packages.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DanielBean said:

Do you guys know if there is a particular ranking of Canadian PhD Political Science programs? I haven't found any other thread that talks about it. 

Most world rankings have the option of choosing a particular country and discipline, that's the best option I think. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.