Fall 2017 Acceptances/Interviews/Rejections Thread

csot

7 hours ago, PostmodernPendulum said:

If you google "UCLA grad application status check", the first link will take you to a form if I remember correctly and it will give you a password and connect it to your application and then you just login and it gives you the status. 

Thank you for this information! How can I find the password? I can't find the "forgot my password" or "login for the first time" option. 

16 minutes ago, waitnhope said:

Thank you for this information! How can I find the password? I can't find the "forgot my password" or "login for the first time" option. 

Type in your email, and it should show a password "Retrieve" button.  I remember I had difficulty finding out how to use the site the first time I logged on.

6 hours ago, bobolaba said:

Can you elaborate a bit on that. What was uploaded. I just checked the status of my application and nothing has changed. 

I got my acceptance last friday informally. But yesterday the graduate school generic email to check your website portal came.... at the very bottom of that page it has a tiny link to click that says there is a decision letter to view. 

Brown admitted! With 5-year funding and first year fellowship!!:lol:

Anyone more familiar with Brown Sociology style? I heard that it's a small one.

BTW: Somebody know why I couldn't add my result into the result page? I am using IMAC and safari, I have also tried chrome. The verification code just doesn't show!

Edited by song95

3 minutes ago, WorldPeaceMaker2010 said:

Can someone elaborate on what you got from Brown? personal letters or an email to check the portal?

Hey! I can answer that! 

I first got an e-mail from graduate school asking me to check the portal, then I saw the official decision letter of acceptance.

Just now, I received a letter from sociology department telling more about the funding and the organization of recruitment week (March 13th). 

3 minutes ago, song95 said:

Hey! I can answer that! 

I first got an e-mail from graduate school asking me to check the portal, then I saw the official decision letter of acceptance.

Just now, I received a letter from sociology department telling more about the funding and the organization of recruitment week (March 13th). 

Congrats!

So my portal only still says submitted, which can't be a good sign :/

Guess I cross my fingers for a wait list 

15 minutes ago, WorldPeaceMaker2010 said:

Also - anyone want to claim the   State University Of New York At Albany  acceptance on the board? there's a single one, and I've heard nothing form them at all either... so intrested how you found out?

That's me, I received an email late last night from the director of graduate studies with the acceptance, a letter, and funding info. It said I would get an official letter in the mail later this week, and then I got another email today saying that my decision had been updated in my application account.

8 minutes ago, sociologicalpizza said:

That's me, I received an email late last night from the director of graduate studies with the acceptance, a letter, and funding info. It said I would get an official letter in the mail later this week, and then I got another email today saying that my decision had been updated in my application account.

Congrats! Guess that's also a bad sign for me, with no update in my portal :(

What's the offer btw? :)

3 minutes ago, WorldPeaceMaker2010 said:

Congrats! Guess that's also a bad sign for me, with no update in my portal :(

What's the offer btw? :)

If nobody else has heard from them today, it might not be bad news. Last year nobody heard from them until Feb. 18th, so I'm not sure why this offer was so early. But thank you! It's full funding for four years, tuition waiver and stipend for a graduate assistantship, with the potential to apply for a fifth year. It's my first acceptance and the first I've heard from any school, so I'm really excited... but I'm not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed that I didn't hear from Brown today! But definitely excited about the good news from Albany as well.

3 minutes ago, sociologicalpizza said:

If nobody else has heard from them today, it might not be bad news. Last year nobody heard from them until Feb. 18th, so I'm not sure why this offer was so early. But thank you! It's full funding for four years, tuition waiver and stipend for a graduate assistantship, with the potential to apply for a fifth year. It's my first acceptance and the first I've heard from any school, so I'm really excited... but I'm not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed that I didn't hear from Brown today! But definitely excited about the good news from Albany as well.

That's really great!

While I have a UCONN acceptance, I have to admit I'm feeling sad about Albany, Brown, and BU

1 hour ago, song95 said:

Brown admitted! With 5-year funding and first year fellowship!!:lol:

Anyone more familiar with Brown Sociology style? I heard that it's a small one.

BTW: Somebody know why I couldn't add my result into the result page? I am using IMAC and safari, I have also tried chrome. The verification code just doesn't show!

I can never add my results from safari on my macbook, so I use firefox. Not sure what's going on there, but it's not just you!

P.S. Congrats!! :)

Contacted Irvine because I saw some people already receiving acceptance letters. Person I spoke with said although they have sent out some acceptances, they arent really sending out declines yet because they have had instances where they regretted declining people.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? Are there people who have received declines from UC Irvine?

Applied 7/7 

Interviewed 0/7

Accepted 0/7

Declined 1/7 (UT Austin)

I just got an e-mail to check Duke's portal, that a descision has been made, but when I go it says "descision not ready".  I think this might be the most anxiety I've had in the whole process...but here's hoping its the same good news others posted.  

8 minutes ago, montanem said:

I just got an e-mail to check Duke's portal, that a descision has been made, but when I go it says "descision not ready".  I think this might be the most anxiety I've had in the whole process...but here's hoping its the same good news others posted.  

I would generally say to avoid contacting the department, but this may be a case where it is appropriate if you feel that you really need to know asap.

12 minutes ago, sociologicals said:

I would generally say to avoid contacting the department, but this may be a case where it is appropriate if you feel that you really need to know asap.

Haha I don't need to know ASAP but this just might be the worst fake out I've ever experienced...I've waited for days/weeks I can wait a little longer.  

-Updated finally- looks like I made the waitlist at least. 

Edited by montanem

Just discovered the forum and am catching up on what's been going on.

I applied to Notre Dame, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Washington State, UC Santa Cruz and Hawaii. 

Was accepted to the University of New Mexico today but haven't heard from Arizona or Notre Dame which hopefully just means I'm shortlisted without a decision yet. Crossing my fingers! Congrats to everyone who has heard so far!

Waiting 6/7

Accepted 1/7

Declined 0/7