Fall 2017 Acceptances/Interviews/Rejections Thread

csot

1 hour ago, lisota said:

Last year they sent both acceptances and rejections 02/18, so that might be another couple of weeks of anxiety.

It seems like Northwestern has sent them out on the 3rd Thursday of February for the last 2-3 years. That would be the 16th this year if it holds true. Not a huge sample size; and I know it's weird that I thought about  it that obsessively. 

I didn't hear anything from Duke, and there's no change in my status on their website.

2 hours ago, montanem said:

I feel your pain, yesterday I was rejected from 2 programs.  It'll get better.  We only need one place to say yes, right?

Also no news at all from PennState all season, should I assume rejection?  

I generally think that if rejections and acceptances have been sent out for a given school yet you've heard nothing, then congrats, you're on the waitlist. That's how I'm thinking about Duke, at least. I see no other reason why they wouldn't send a rejection. I'm open to other ideas tho.

27 minutes ago, IncomingPhD2017 said:

I didn't hear anything from Duke, and there's no change in my status on their website.

I generally think that if rejections and acceptances have been sent out for a given school yet you've heard nothing, then congrats, you're on the waitlist. That's how I'm thinking about Duke, at least. I see no other reason why they wouldn't send a rejection. I'm open to other ideas tho.

With Duke I'm guessing they just didn't send out all the news today, in years past decisions were sent out over several days.  With PennState I'm gunna hope you are right haha I'd rather be waitlisted than rejected out right :) Good luck to you w/ Duke too- maybe we'll both hear positively from there.  I could really use some good news next week.  

Edited by montanem
spelling

9 hours ago, quantified said:

Hey, congrats! I also received an offer from Penn State! One question, did the letter state the program was "Sociology and Demography"?

It's Sociology on the letter! Sorry for the ambiguous information. 

But I will definitely go for the dual degree if I go there.

5 hours ago, cgraham44 said:

Did anyone here apply to CU Boulder, and if so, has anyone heard anything?

I have and I haven't heard anything yet. There aren't any acceptances or rejections on the results board yet. It seems like they might send them out in two waves about a week apart, but each year is slightly different. I think we should be hearing from them some time next week. 

14 hours ago, WorldPeaceMaker2010 said:

Oh follow-up to my post yesterday when I got an informal dept. letter saying I was going to be admitted at Uconn. Right now I nice email from one of the profs that I had said I would like to work with. Basically just a congrats from her, saying she just heard the news and was excited to work with me, and had been very impressed with my application, and to contact her if I had questions or wanted to come visit soon. 

I know a few years ago the dept. didn't have such a great reputation, but I've heard only good things in the last few years... and honestly both my emails so far have been really nice and welcoming. Anyone know any current street rumors about the dept.?

Curious about what "good" things have you heard about the department at UConn? Mind to share? 

1 hour ago, suisui said:

Curious about what "good" things have you heard about the department at UConn? Mind to share? 

Mostly about the approachability of profs, and their willingness to help you for the most part, strong encouragement to present papers at conferences, they tend to have quite a large international body in comparison with many other state universities, the past few years they've gotten quite notable relationships going with other institutes

On 1/28/2017 at 11:19 AM, draco.malfoy said:

I had my interview with UVA today and I don't know the chances of getting in post-interview are. I'd say they're good since you had an interview, but not a done deal. They definitely asked me some difficult questions, but I was told I answered them well. We'll see! I asked what it would be like going from here, and they gave me no sense for when they'd send out offers. I'd guess it'll be three or maybe even four weeks, but who knows?

Hi I'll be interviewing UVA next week and do you have tips or advice on that since you've already done the interview? Anything will be great. Thank you in advance!

7 minutes ago, seon0102 said:

Hi I'll be interviewing UVA next week and do you have tips or advice on that since you've already done the interview? Anything will be great. Thank you in advance!

Look back in the feed, either in this or the Fall Applicants topic. I posted all about my interview.

23 minutes ago, meowcow said:

Has anyone heard from SUNY Stony Brook or NYU?

NYU probably won't notify admitted applicants until next week (or the week after that).

In 2016, acceptances were sent out on February 11th. In 2015, acceptances were sent out on February 9th.

1 hour ago, syf08678 said:

Still no news from UC Davis?

Nope! However, I know that the Admissions Committee has had a number of meetings. My professor contact there said that notifications of decision are likely to go out sometime during the week of Feb. 6th or possibly the following week (depending on how fast the admin staff can process everything). Hang tight!

11 hours ago, JohnDoe1 said:

Nope! However, I know that the Admissions Committee has had a number of meetings. My professor contact there said that notifications of decision are likely to go out sometime during the week of Feb. 6th or possibly the following week (depending on how fast the admin staff can process everything). Hang tight!

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing good news from you next week!

Ok this week I hope not for just news, but for good news!  Hope everyone takes a break today and enjoys some beer, friends, and hopefully funny commercials (if you are like me and could care less about the game).  And then best wishes to us all Monday morning :)