Rejection Thread

hector549

Welp Hawai'i mailed me my rejection. I'm only hurt because it was one of the few schools where I feel like I would have been a perfect fit, oh well. 

Silver lining is now I don't have to deal with the stress of moving there, trying to afford to live there, and getting my cat there lol.

I also got the rejection and the suggestion. 

If I go into that MA I might be able to get into UCR, though, so it's a worthwhile consideration.

1 hour ago, Swann said:

Got my NYU rejection (no surprise). 

But I'm curious...does everyone receive the message that they'd be a good candidate for the bioethics MA?

Yep me too - I think everyone got the message. I am somewhat considering, but my application is completely *not* a bioethics application :P 

From what I saw looking at the MA for a few minutes, it's quite light on the philosophy (only one course taught through the phil department is on the curriculum) and heavy on the tuition. It seems somewhat tactless to me use a rejection email to advertise a program like this, especially since they make it seem as if they've done it because they think you are a good fit, when in fact they send it to everyone it seems.

21 minutes ago, RumHaven said:

From what I saw looking at the MA for a few minutes, it's quite light on the philosophy (only one course taught through the phil department is on the curriculum) and heavy on the tuition. It seems somewhat tactless to me use a rejection email to advertise a program like this, especially since they make it seem as if they've done it because they think you are a good fit, when in fact they send it to everyone it seems.

Yeah I am mostly submitting just for the lulz at this point (since it's free and doesn't require any further steps), and also just to see if I might get the scholarship they mentioned. The course itself looks more like a 'conversion' course for scientists who want to get into the applied ethics side of things.  

Rejected from UPenn. Solicited.

Missouri said I am neither accepted, rejected, nor on their very short waitlist. They said it is possible (though very unlikely) they might reevaluate these limbo apps if they go all the way through the waitlist.

Edited by Turretin

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, nxr9 said:

SLU rejection. Email to check portal. 

:(

Same here. Sad panda.

I heard through the grapevine that they only accepted 2 spots in the program. Can anyone confirm that?

P.S.
Got a formal letter from UPenn saying I was rejected (check the portal). But I solicited it a week ago.

P.P.S.
That's the last school! The only way I may get another offer is if I am accepted off a waitlist. (Purdue) ... ::Crosses-fingers::

Edited by Duns Eith

3 hours ago, Duns Eith said:

:(

Same here. Sad panda.

I heard through the grapevine that they only accepted 2 spots in the program. Can anyone confirm that?

P.S.
Got a formal letter from UPenn saying I was rejected (check the portal). But I solicited it a week ago.

P.P.S.
That's the last school! The only way I may get another offer is if I am accepted off a waitlist. (Purdue) ... ::Crosses-fingers::

DGS at SLU told me that they would like to accept three.

3 hours ago, Franzkafka said:

DGS at SLU told me that they would like to accept three.

Did he/she give any indication of whether they would accept more students next year? I applied there in 2014 (for entry in fall of 2015) and they only accepted three students that year also. I was surprised at the time because I'd read on their website that they normally accept about 15 students. (I don't know if that's still on their site anywhere, though I suspect it isn't.) It's starting to look like a pattern, though.

9 minutes ago, Needle In The Hay said:

Did he/she give any indication of whether they would accept more students next year? I applied there in 2014 (for entry in fall of 2015) and they only accepted three students that year also. I was surprised at the time because I'd read on their website that they normally accept about 15 students. (I don't know if that's still on their site anywhere, though I suspect it isn't.) It's starting to look like a pattern, though.

No, he didn't mention next year.

On 3/15/2017 at 7:41 PM, RumHaven said:

I can confirm they do not send this to everyone who is rejected (whatever that means to you).

On 3/31/2017 at 0:04 AM, Needle In The Hay said:

I applied to SLU for 2014, 2016, and 2017, and each year it has only been 2-3 admits.

1 hour ago, Dialectica said:

Got that Chapel Hill rejection, finally! Now just waiting for Riverside and Austin. 

If you haven't solicited from Austin, you can contact Sally Jackman. She responded right away to my email today.