NEW Canadian universities M.S.W thread (2017)

Roxxx

I have been following this forum for awhile now and just wanted to let everyone know, I received an email accepting me into Dalhousie's online program and yesterday I got an email saying I have not been accepted into UVICs online program.

I also applied to Waterloo's online program and I haven't heard anything yet.

48 minutes ago, BCSocialworker said:

I have been following this forum for awhile now and just wanted to let everyone know, I received an email accepting me into Dalhousie's online program and yesterday I got an email saying I have not been accepted into UVICs online program.

Congrats on your acceptance! 

I conacted waterloo yesterday and they said decisions would be sent in March, just no exact time frame. 

55 minutes ago, jaylynn said:

I conacted waterloo yesterday and they said decisions would be sent in March, just no exact time frame. 

Thanks for contacting them! Good to hear some (vague) details from Waterloo.

2 hours ago, jaylynn said:

Thanks!

Glad to hear something from Waterloo, hopefully they let us know early in March!

Edited by BCSocialworker

2 hours ago, BCSocialworker said:

That's wonderful! Congratulations on acceptance to Dalhousie!

Does anyone else's status on ROSI say "invited", but they have not received any mail from UofT yet??  I know someone mentioned that they received their package last Friday.  Am I just being super impatient?????  lol

1 minute ago, KarebearSW said:

Does anyone else's status on ROSI say "invited", but they have not received any mail from UofT yet??  I know someone mentioned that they received their package last Friday.  Am I just being super impatient?????  lol

NO YOU'RE NOT IMPATIENT this is my exact life. Though I live in Winnipeg so I thought it was just me.

5 minutes ago, ssbbaker said:

NO YOU'RE NOT IMPATIENT this is my exact life. Though I live in Winnipeg so I thought it was just me.

Hahaha.  Okay, that makes me feel better.  Though, I only live an hour away from Toronto, so not sure why it is taking so long.  My mail has come today and it is not there YET AGAIN!!  Maybe tomorrow will be the big day for both of us :)

4 minutes ago, KarebearSW said:

Hahaha.  Okay, that makes me feel better.  Though, I only live an hour away from Toronto, so not sure why it is taking so long.  My mail has come today and it is not there YET AGAIN!!  Maybe tomorrow will be the big day for both of us :)

I was actually so excited to go home from work and check my mail... Darn. Here's SO hoping it's soon.

Are you 100% convinced you'll accept U of T?

8 minutes ago, ssbbaker said:

I was actually so excited to go home from work and check my mail... Darn. Here's SO hoping it's soon.

Are you 100% convinced you'll accept U of T?

I don't want to get myself too excited until I receive that letter, but yes, I will absolutely accept.  UofT is the only university I applied to.  How about you?

What stream did you apply to?  I applied to the full time (adv standing) Gerontology stream.  

55 minutes ago, KarebearSW said:

I live an 8 minute drive away from the UofT faulty of social worK building (I live right downtown) and I have yet to receive a wait list in the mail. It makes me think there is hope and that they aren't done accept advance standing people. So, basically what I'm saying is you're not impatient! 

7 minutes ago, SW_Student said:

I live an 8 minute drive away from the UofT faulty of social worK building (I live right downtown) and I have yet to receive a wait list in the mail. It makes me think there is hope and that they aren't done accept advance standing people. So, basically what I'm saying is you're not impatient! 

Thanks, SW_Student!!  The thing is, that my status changed to "invited" a week ago, and from what I understand, it pretty much means you are accepted.  So, then, why no letter yet?!  Ugh!!!!!  I think, no matter what our situation (accepted, waitlisted), we are all in the same boat and want an answer NOW!!  lol.

I hope you hear soon also!! :)

15 minutes ago, KarebearSW said:

Thanks, SW_Student!!  The thing is, that my status changed to "invited" a week ago, and from what I understand, it pretty much means you are accepted.  So, then, why no letter yet?!  Ugh!!!!!  I think, no matter what our situation (accepted, waitlisted), we are all in the same boat and want an answer NOW!!  lol.

I hope you hear soon also!! :)

I just got my acceptance in the mail today! The acceptance letter is dated Feb 21, which is around when ROSI changed. I'm sure yours will come soon!

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this thread religiously the past month, and want to thank everyone for the words of encouragement! 

I am wondering if those that have heard from York, applied for the Advanced Standing Part Time Program. I really thought I would have heard from them by now. However what I gather from the thread is that they sent first offers of admissions on Thursday February  23 and have given people ten days to accept, leaving the next roll out date for possibly March 7 or 8 (ten business days).

Thanks, 

And congrats to those that have been accepted! 

5 minutes ago, WIO said:

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this thread religiously the past month, and want to thank everyone for the words of encouragement! 

I am wondering if those that have heard from York, applied for the Advanced Standing Part Time Program. I really thought I would have heard from them by now. However what I gather from the thread is that they sent first offers of admissions on Thursday February  23 and have given people ten days to accept, leaving the next roll out date for possibly March 7 or 8 (ten business days).

Thanks, 

And congrats to those that have been accepted! 

I am waiting to hear back from York too, advanced standing Part-time and I have heard nothing yet so no worries, still some who are in the same boat :) 

26 minutes ago, caitiko said:

I just got my acceptance in the mail today! The acceptance letter is dated Feb 21, which is around when ROSI changed. I'm sure yours will come soon!

Hi caitiko,  Thank you so much....that makes me feel better, knowing that you only got yours today.  I hope, hope, hope mine comes tomorrow.  lol.

Also, congratulations on your acceptance :):)

1 hour ago, LMJ said:

hey all,

does anyone know when about universities will send out acceptance or rejection letters? (2017 2-year in ONT)

cheers

Probably not for another couple of weeks. From what I've heard, decisions for 2 year programs don't start coming out until mid-march, and even then that's just when they START... you may not hear back from them until April :( I am getting so impatient and nervous!

Do any of you feel like the stress from waiting to hear back from schools is taking a toll on your interpersonal relationships? 

In early January, my partner accepted a job offer in Toronto. The only Toronto program that I've applied to is the 2-year program at UofT (all of the other programs that I've applied to are scattered around SW Ontario). In a perfect world, I would get into UofT & move to Toronto to be with my partner but we clearly don't know if that's going to happen. The stress of the situation is really wearing me down & I would like to know if any of you are in a similar position. 

Hey everyone! I'm new to this thread and have been following it today. I didn't even realize a community like this existed which is SO nice :) I applied for the 2 year foundational MSW program. I haven't heard anything but I keep seeing posts regarding people's "ROSI"account. What is that? I'm only aware of my SGS account. I have a feeling I won't hear back until March or even April because it's for the 2-year track. I'm also still completing the research methods requirement and need to submit the final grade upon completion (end of March).

Thanks for your help in advance! p.s it's really amazing to see the support and passion this group has!!!

Edited by YYCtoUofT

35 minutes ago, riaveda said:

Do any of you feel like the stress from waiting to hear back from schools is taking a toll on your interpersonal relationships? 

In early January, my partner accepted a job offer in Toronto. The only Toronto program that I've applied to is the 2-year program at UofT (all of the other programs that I've applied to are scattered around SW Ontario). In a perfect world, I would get into UofT & move to Toronto to be with my partner but we clearly don't know if that's going to happen. The stress of the situation is really wearing me down & I would like to know if any of you are in a similar position. 

Hey! I definitely know how you feel. I am not in the exact same position as you, but it seems like everything being on hold and not being able to plan is what is getting you down. To that extent, I can relate - it is very stressful not knowing how to plan your life around such a major event. What's been working for me is sitting and talking with my partner about all of the possible scenarios and how to deal with them. You may have already tried doing that, but I found this helpful because it caused us to realize that we are both equally as stressed about what's to come. Since realizing that only we know how the other feels, it has actually brought us closer. Now, there's only so much you can plan for a "what if" scenario, but even just generally thinking about how we'll deal with each scenario was very therapeutic! 

So don't worry, you are not alone in this struggle! On the bright side, tomorrow is March and that officially marks the start of the month that decisions start rolling out! We're in the homestretch!

23 minutes ago, YYCtoUofT said:

Hey everyone! I'm new to this thread and have been following it today. I didn't even realize a community like this existed which is SO nice :) I applied for the 2 year foundational MSW program. I haven't heard anything but I keep seeing posts regarding people's "ROSI"account. What is that? I'm only aware of my SGS account. I have a feeling I won't hear back until March or even April because it's for the 2-year track. I'm also still completing the research methods requirement and need to submit the final grade upon completion (end of March).

Thanks for your help in advance! p.s it's really amazing to see the support and passion this group has!!!

If you type in ROSI on google, it will lead you to a U Toronto page were you can access the site. It's through Toronto's Student Web Services, and on the ROSI page there will be a link that will tell you what to do if you're a first time user. That's how I accessed ROSI for the first time anyway :P 

1 hour ago, riaveda said:

Hello Riaveda, I was in the same situation last year. My partner is in social work as well and got accepted into the UofT 2 year program and I was waitlisted at UofT and applied to so many other SW programs over Canada. Luckily I got into Lakehead Orillia and was able to move close to Toronto and maintain a better long distance relationship as compared to living so many hours apart. You are not alone in the wait and anxiety of all this potential life changing decisions that will come over the next week and months. 2-year admissions will be come out very soon for UofT and once those decisions are made you can take the next steps in solidifying your relationship and your own decisions in relation to school! Stay hopeful!