NEW Canadian universities M.S.W thread (2017)

Roxxx

53 minutes ago, Dry_Guy said:

Nada. I'm in children and families stream with addictions, last name at the end of the alphabet. ?

Ugh.....bummer!  So, everything on ROSI still looks the exact same?  There has been no update or change? Maybe you are on to something with this alphabetized system and you will hear something shortly?   :) 

Ahh, University of Quebec in Montreal just wrote to me that I should have the answer pretty soon. The lady told me that some admission decisions were already sent out. Is it a bad sign if I haven't received my decision yet? Do they usually send the acceptance letters first and then those who were declined?

The waiting is killing me lol

I hope UofT isn't alphabetical,  my last name starts with D, and I applied for a less popular one (Social Justice & Diversity Stream), and my ROSI sitll says "No Registeration History". Haven't recieved anything in the mail either?

Would they send you an email or anactual letter if you are on the waitlist?

3 hours ago, adorealire said:

I hope UofT isn't alphabetical,  my last name starts with D, and I applied for a less popular one (Social Justice & Diversity Stream), and my ROSI sitll says "No Registeration History". Haven't recieved anything in the mail either?

Would they send you an email or anactual letter if you are on the waitlist?

I would like to know this about the waitlist too. My friend's last name is near the beginning of the alphabet as well, so I doubt it's alphabetical. Hopefully the rest of you hear back soon! I'll be in this boat when I apply next year, so good luck to everyone! ??

27 minutes ago, MSW2018hopeful said:

I would like to know this about the waitlist too. My friend's last name is near the beginning of the alphabet as well, so I doubt it's alphabetical. Hopefully the rest of you hear back soon! I'll be in this boat when I apply next year, so good luck to everyone! ??

Confused by your comment  Re: your friend. 

Anyone know of others who aren't posting that are in different streams who were "invited". ROSI checking is a gift and a curse.  Looking forward to actual letters, should be end of the week or early next. And then move on with life  

21 minutes ago, Dry_Guy said:

Confused by your comment  Re: your friend. 

I was responding to the assumption/suggestion made about the selection process being alphabetical by last name. (I do not think this is the case as my friend's last name starts with a letter very early in the alphabet).  

My friend has not heard back yet about her application status, it still says "under review" on ROSI, yet it seems as though many people have heard one way or the other... so she's getting a bit stressed out due to having to accept her other offer (which is her second choice). 

I was just posting on here for her to find out how many others from the advanced standing mental health stream are in this position. 

2 minutes ago, MSW2018hopeful said:

I was responding to the assumption/suggestion made about the selection process being alphabetical by last name. (I do not think this is the case as my friend's last name starts with a letter very early in the alphabet).  

My friend has not heard back yet about her application status, it still says "under review" on ROSI, yet it seems as though many people have heard one way or the other... so she's getting a bit stressed out due to having to accept her other offer (which is her second choice). 

I was just posting on here for her to find out how many others from the advanced standing mental health stream are in this position. 

Ahhh. She's checking SGS website if it reads "under review" not ROSI. Based on past forums, If she was wait listed/rejected there would be no change to her account in ROSI. Again, she's not checking ROSI. 

How is everyone checking ROSI for their UofT acceptance? Where did you get a ROSI login? All I have is my SGS account. I went to UofT for my undergrad and I've looked at that ROSI account, and I can't seem to find any "registration history" page. Can someone please enlighten me! I applied to the 2-year stream, and would like to know the quickest way possible if I've been accepted/rejected/waitlisted. Thanks! 

3 hours ago, mitchae said:

How is everyone checking ROSI for their UofT acceptance? Where did you get a ROSI login? All I have is my SGS account. I went to UofT for my undergrad and I've looked at that ROSI account, and I can't seem to find any "registration history" page. Can someone please enlighten me! I applied to the 2-year stream, and would like to know the quickest way possible if I've been accepted/rejected/waitlisted. Thanks! 

Ha....I didn't even know ROSI existed until I joined this forum 2 days ago (lol).  I don't know about everyone else, but for me, as soon as I log onto the ROSI portal, the information comes up right away (home page) and shows me my status information.  The SGS portal is not changing from "status under review", even if it says on ROSI that you have been "invited", so its actually not even helpful to check the SGS portal.  

Just now, KarebearSW said:

Ha....I didn't even know ROSI existed until I joined this forum 2 days ago (lol).  I don't know about everyone else, but for me, as soon as I log onto the ROSI portal, the information comes up right away (home page) and shows me my status information.  The SGS portal is not changing from "status under review", even if it says on ROSI that you have been "invited", so its actually not even helpful to check the SGS portal.  

Oops, I also meant to add that I am not sure if the 2 year program people have heard yet.  So far, it seems that only those of us in the advanced standing group have heard.  I could be wrong though.

10 hours ago, Dry_Guy said:

Ahhh. She's checking SGS website if it reads "under review" not ROSI. Based on past forums, If she was wait listed/rejected there would be no change to her account in ROSI. Again, she's not checking ROSI. 

Ahh okay thanks! 

Just curious... Does anyone have any idea how long after 1 year decisions the 2 year decisions start going out?

From my own researching, I found that the first 2-year offers went out on March 7 last year, but they also seemed to have started with the 1-year offers earlier than they did this year! The year before that it was March 11 (I know, I sound crazy right now but I'm so anxious). I'm marking down March 10 on my calendar as the first possible date for 2-year offers, although this is purely my own thinking and I haven't been told anything official about that date from U of T (just so everyone knows) :P

Edited by nicoleMSW
info

7 hours ago, mitchae said:

3 hours ago, KarebearSW said:

Hi everyone!

First time posting here :) I'm on the same boat as mitchae and was wondering if anyone can let us know how we can get into ROSI? I've tried login in with the SGS id and pin but it won't let me log in. Would really appreciate it if anyone can help! 

Good luck everyone! 

1 minute ago, MSW2017-2019 said:

Hi everyone!

First time posting here :) I'm on the same boat as mitchae and was wondering if anyone can let us know how we can get into ROSI? I've tried login in with the SGS id and pin but it won't let me log in. Would really appreciate it if anyone can help! 

Good luck everyone! 

You log into SGS and under application summary, you will find your student number.

You then go to the rosi website and put in your student number. the password is your birthday YYMMDD

Hope this helps!!

I just want to know for sure what is happening with UofT...when will the decisions on SGS change, when will word come in the mail, are there more than one round of acceptances. 

AND when will I hear from Waterloo?!?!?!

I just need some clarity and certainty! ... I guess this is good practice for becoming a social worker though :huh:

Edited by jaylynn

40 minutes ago, nicoleMSW said:

Just curious... Does anyone have any idea how long after 1 year decisions the 2 year decisions start going out?

From my own researching, I found that the first 2-year offers went out on March 7 last year, but they also seemed to have started with the 1-year offers earlier than they did this year! The year before that it was March 11 (I know, I sound crazy right now but I'm so anxious). I'm marking down March 10 on my calendar as the first possible date for 2-year offers, although this is purely my own thinking and I haven't been told anything official about that date from U of T (just so everyone knows) :P

Lol!!! I did the same "research" and came up with a similar week to expect results (March 6-10) but with the later admission for advanced standing at UofT I am not too sure what to think. Hopefully it still happens that week, it would be an absolute D-R-E-A-M. Both my references whom work at UofT as program directors/professors say I am a shoe-in and have my confidence level skyrocketing, but I need to see it to believe it.. AHHH the uncertainty and anxiety and self-inflicted social pressure is getting to me

2 minutes ago, tnt92 said:

Lol!!! I did the same "research" and came up with a similar week to expect results (March 6-10) but with the later admission for advanced standing at UofT I am not too sure what to think. Hopefully it still happens that week, it would be an absolute D-R-E-A-M. Both my references whom work at UofT as program directors/professors say I am a shoe-in and have my confidence level skyrocketing, but I need to see it to believe it.. AHHH the uncertainty and anxiety and self-inflicted social pressure is getting to me

Glad to know I am not the only one desperately seeking any sort of timeline for admissions :P I really hope it still happens that week too! It seems to have happened that week two years in a row so I'm going to try and stay positive! I know what you mean about the references as well.. I have a professor who also has a great deal of confidence in me, and while comforting, it's also very nerve-wracking because I don't want to disappoint!! I just want to know my results so I can get going with the next stage of my life, whatever that may be! 5 more days until March begins... 

OMG Just received an offer to York via email! ITS HAPPENING! Sitting in bed crying way too much! After applying three years in a row and complete the post HBSW at lake head, I can say it was all worth it now! 

Edited by SW_Student

17 minutes ago, SW_Student said:

OMG Just received an offer to York via email! ITS HAPPENING! Sitting in bed crying way too much! After applying three years in a row and complete the post HBSW at lake head, I can say it was all worth it now! 

CONGRATS :) 

20 minutes ago, SW_Student said:

Congrats!!! Well deserved :):)

30 minutes ago, SW_Student said:

Congratulations!! So exciting!

18 minutes ago, nicoleMSW said:

Congratulations!! So exciting!

28 minutes ago, ssbbaker said:

Congrats!!! Well deserved :):)

29 minutes ago, jaylynn said:

CONGRATS :) 

Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

For everyone who thinks about giving up because the process of applying and being let down constantly is discouraging, please persevere when faced with difficulty. Follow your dreams because the moment when you are rewarded will outweigh any and all past feelings of anxiety, fear and discouragement! I hope everyone here reaches their dreams, because you all deserve the it! 

Edited by SW_Student

3 hours ago, jaylynn said:

I just want to know for sure what is happening with UofT...when will the decisions on SGS change, when will word come in the mail, are there more than one round of acceptances. 

AND when will I hear from Waterloo?!?!?!

I just need some clarity and certainty! ... I guess this is good practice for becoming a social worker though :huh:

Jaylynn, 

My friend called U of T because her SGS portal is still saying "under review", and they said all decisions for the Advanced Standing applicants will be mailed out by today (so this is the only round). So hopefully everyone whose online account hasn't changed will hear back very soon! Check your mailbox every day! :)

Edited by MSW2018hopeful

1 hour ago, SW_Student said:

Congrats SW_Student!  You must be so excited :)  Good to hear York is sending out notifications now too!