NEW Canadian universities M.S.W thread (2017)

Roxxx

41 minutes ago, olivia2391 said:

So it sounds like if our ACORN or ROSI says nothing it means we were either rejected or waitlisted... very disappointing! 

Not so! Scroll page a page or two, someone was accepted without their ACORN or ROSI saying so. 

Side note: both my ACORN and ROSI say I am accepted. Just waiting on the letter now. 

for everyone who has been waitlisted, do not lose hope. I was waitlisted last year and it was the best thing to ever happen to me. Go out there, continue volunteering/finding new volunteer opportunities, work, SAVE money and enjoy your time off. Grad school will happen. 

Has anyone heard from Ryerson yet? They said that by early-mid March results would be given, and still I have heard nothing 

For the advanced standing for York U, will there be a second round? I was wait-listed, and a few of my classmates who applied to York have heard absoultey nothing, and it just says "No Decision Yet"

20 hours ago, lovelife905 said:

I wouldn't assume that. York tends to be the most competitive cause the class size is so small and everyone gets generous funding.

@lovelife905Thanks...I actually applied to another masters program at U of T which I'm sure I'll get into and an accelerated SSW program at seneca that starts in may. I totally lost hope in Laurier but since I haven't been rejected yet maybe I'll let myself to think positively for the next few weeks. Appreciate the positive energy. 

Edited by Amira86

11 minutes ago, nicoleMSW said:

This whole process is super discouraging...

I KNOW!!! After my rejection at york, I moved on to plan B's, C's and D's. I was so discouraged, I just assumed I didn't get in to Laurier as well. If Social Work is what you're passionate about, I'm sure you'll find your path to it. 

1 hour ago, MSW-hopeful-2016 said:

for everyone who has been waitlisted, do not lose hope. I was waitlisted last year and it was the best thing to ever happen to me. Go out there, continue volunteering/finding new volunteer opportunities, work, SAVE money and enjoy your time off. Grad school will happen. 

how long did you have to wait until you heard back about the wait-list? I am in a limbo atm. i have been accepted to a counselling program which starts in May and i need to know before that..

9 minutes ago, nutella06 said:

how long did you have to wait until you heard back about the wait-list? I am in a limbo atm. i have been accepted to a counselling program which starts in May and i need to know before that..

they don't inform you if you don't get off the waitlist. from what i know, its only a couple people that get off of it, and you can find out anytime between end of April all the way until September. they recommend accepting other schools/jobs (my waitlist letter said that last year). 

22 minutes ago, Amira86 said:

I KNOW!!! After my rejection at york, I moved on to plan B's, C's and D's. I was so discouraged, I just assumed I didn't get in to Laurier as well. If Social Work is what you're passionate about, I'm sure you'll find your path to it. 

I applied to the same SSW program at seneca that you mentioned in the other post. I have just put it in my mind that I am starting school in May, and if that changes with Laurier then I will just be pleasantly surprised :)

22 minutes ago, tdamaren said:

Anyone hear from Laurier yet?

Someone posted a while back that Laurier is expecting to release decisions this week or next week. Which realistically probably means the very end of next week :P

Just got my waitlist letter from UofT. Trying hard not to get discouraged. 

I also applied to Lakehead's One Year Program though, so I'm crossing my fingers that that works out... out of curiosity is there anyone here who applied or has taken it? I was wondering what tuition was like and can't seem to find info on their site/ it was kind of confusing. 

I am not in my hometown right now and so I'm waiting for my parents to check the mail when they get home from work... ROSI doesn't say anything for me, so I'm either rejected or waitlisted.

For those who are accepted, do you mind if I ask when you need to accept the offer by? Just trying to get a feel for how quickly the waitlist initially moves on the off chance that I have been waitlisted

40 minutes ago, nicoleMSW said:

Someone posted a while back that Laurier is expecting to release decisions this week or next week. Which realistically probably means the very end of next week :P

Waiting on Laurier is brutal! :(