2010 MFA Visual Arts admission replies and results

sunjingfang1

Has anyone heard back from SAIC in the MFAW program?

They emailed me last week stating there were missing pieces from my application, then emailed right back saying that they found the missing bits.

Has this delayed my decision letter or is everyone who is still waiting for letters just the tail end of the rejected pile? Are they coming in snail mail or email form??

I can't stand the waiting...

So still nothing from SAIC's painting program... but oddly enough, I got an email today asking me to contact SAIC's art education department about an interview with them?!?!!! I didn't even apply to that program! I'm just beyond confused... has anyone else not heard anything from SAIC for painting yet? It's driving me crazy!

and still nothing from:

Columbia

RISD

UCLA

PNCA

Univ. of Wash.

Interview with SFAI scheduled for next Tuesday... wish me luck!

Hey Jestem , are you an international student? I applied to SAIC too and am not from the states, I haven't heard anything back yet though. Did they offer any funding?

Yes, I'm an international student. They haven't mentioned anything about funding but they told me an admission packet is in delivery. Hopefully, funding information is included in it.

Good luck to you on your applications!

So still nothing from SAIC's painting program... but oddly enough, I got an email today asking me to contact SAIC's art education department about an interview with them?!?!!! I didn't even apply to that program! I'm just beyond confused... has anyone else not heard anything from SAIC for painting yet? It's driving me crazy!

and still nothing from:

Columbia

RISD

UCLA

PNCA

Univ. of Wash.

Interview with SFAI scheduled for next Tuesday... wish me luck!

I have not heard anything from SAIC painting. Didn't someone else say that they knew of someone getting interviews at SAIC painting?

Yes, the SAIC painting interview notifications were sent out the week before last. The interviews are taking place on March 6th - 7th. That's probably not great news if you haven't already heard, but very best of luck to you.

Edited by Tim Riggins

Yes, the SAIC painting interview notifications were sent out the week before last. The interviews are taking place on March 6th - 7th. That's probably not great news if you haven't already heard, but very best of luck to you.

Hey guys,

I just checked the 'international students' section of SAIC website, and found this about interviews:

"The School of the Art Institute of Chicago recommends interviews for all graduate applicants and requires them for several programs. International students residing outside the United States are not required to have a personal interview, and will be evaluated solely on their portfolios and supporting documents."

So if you're an international student, maybe that explains why you haven't heard yet....

LIST SO FAR

George Mason-Accepted/possible full ride.

Maine College of Art-Accepted today! 2-24 Fellowship!

MICA-interview/shortlist-interviewed on 2-22

VCU-nothing yet

wink.gif feeling pretty good.

I just got a REJECTION letter in the mail from University of Chicago.

SAIC=interview

NIU=?

Claremont=?

CSULB=?

Yes, SAIC interviews are March 6,7 for painting. I know someone interviewing for fibers, but was rejected for sculpture 2 weeks later via letter.

Has anyone heard back from SAIC in the MFAW program?

They emailed me last week stating there were missing pieces from my application, then emailed right back saying that they found the missing bits.

Has this delayed my decision letter or is everyone who is still waiting for letters just the tail end of the rejected pile? Are they coming in snail mail or email form??

I can't stand the waiting...

I've applied to the MFAW program and haven't heard anything yet, either...when are the decision letters supposed to be mailed out?

Edited by VUbrat08

I've applied to the MFAW program and haven't heard anything yet, either...when are the decision letters supposed to be mailed out?

EDIT: Found an answer on SAIC's Facebook fan page. They said 6-8 weeks after the deadline date, and the 6 week mark lands on this Friday. Gives me the heebie jeebies.

Good luck!

Edited by VUbrat08

MFA Sculpture

SAIC - rejected 2/16 via post

CALARTS - rejected 2/16 via post

SFAI - interview via email, interviewed 2/23

Waiting on:

CCA

RISD

MICA

VCU

School of the Arts, Columbia

Cranbrook

IU Bloomington

SFSU (cannot seem to even get my app together, very slow w/ the processing)

I just got a REJECTION letter in the mail from University of Chicago.

SAIC=interview

NIU=?

Claremont=?

CSULB=?

Yes, SAIC interviews are March 6,7 for painting. I know someone interviewing for fibers, but was rejected for sculpture 2 weeks later via letter.

That's funny, I actually work at NIU and I'm applying to UW-Seattle. What made you pick NIU? (I'm applying there too, I've been working for the campus for the last 2 years since I moved to Illinois)

Hey everyone,

Here is my list thus far (I applied to a lot of places):

I applied in sculpture to places that offered it, otherwise in the general MFA art programs.

Yale:Rejected

RISD:Interview

Cornell:Interview

Michigan:Interview

University of Chicago:Accepted with half tuition funding

Alfred:Accepted with full funding plus stipend (They offer this to everyone accepted)

Ohio State:Accepted and high on waitlist for funding

USC:Nothing yet

VCU:Nothing yet

Iowa:Nothing yet

Tyler:Nothing yet

Quick question, I may not find out if I get funding from Ohio State until the last minute (depends on when people tell them if they are not going there). Anyone have any idea what the typical Ohio State funding package is? I just am wondering because it would be good to know to weigh against other options.

I wish everyone the best of luck with the process and congratulate those who have been accepted to places. For those who haven't been, don't sweat it. I applied to eight places last year and got a big zero in the acceptances department. So things really can change in a year so don't get too down!