PhD Fall 2018 Applicants

vallaboop

15 hours ago, eevans said:

Sorry to hear that - looks like you've got some great interviews though!

Thank you! Yeah, I certainly can't complain. I went into this expecting to get zero interviews, so I'm doing ok.

Hey guys, I have not heard back anything from any school in the past half month. Not even generic rejection letter...  I am extremely nervous and wondering whether I should assume that I am rejected already, or is it possible that I am waitlisted without being notified? Should I email them and ask? How should I ask?

Thank you and good luck everyone!!

3 minutes ago, roii said:

Hey guys, I have not heard back anything from any school in the past half month. Not even generic rejection letter...  I am extremely nervous and wondering whether I should assume that I am rejected already, or is it possible that I am waitlisted without being notified? Should I email them and ask? How should I ask?

Thank you and good luck everyone!!

Did you check the results page to see if anyone has heard back from the programs you applied to? If no one has heard back, then you have nothing to worry about. If the interview weekend has already passed and people are getting accepted/rejected already, then you might want to reach out to admissions. 

4 minutes ago, clinical_chicana said:

Did you check the results page to see if anyone has heard back from the programs you applied to? If no one has heard back, then you have nothing to worry about. If the interview weekend has already passed and people are getting accepted/rejected already, then you might want to reach out to admissions. 

Thank you! I have seen interview invitation for some of the schools but not in the exact subfield- e.g posts on clinical psychology but I am doing social/cognition psych. Do they usually make the decision as a whole department or each subfield would deciding individually? 

30 minutes ago, at17 said:

Has anyone heard from any department at University of Washington (Seattle)?

For clinical, I have heard that initial Skype interviews were already done, and they will be sending out in-person invites to those who passed that round.  Their actual interview day is the 26th.  

13 hours ago, cindyboop said:

How soon do people typically hear back after interviews? 

From my experience last cycle in clinical, it was 2 weeks for the program that accepted me (to the day and hour of what they told me lol), and as little as 2 days for another program that accepted me that I turned down because I received the offer from my top choice the same day. 

I was presumably waitlisted at my other schools I interviewed at, as I never heard back but reached out to rescind my applications. So waitlists are a bit iffy. 

On 2/12/2018 at 6:42 PM, cindyboop said:

How soon do people typically hear back after interviews? 

It seems to be that if your interview was in January or early February it takes about two weeks. The last interview I went said it would take 1 week. Most programs with later interviews will tell you sooner so you are not sitting waiting with other acceptances at hand