AnnMarie

Fulbright 2018-2019

Hello guys! I have applied Ukraine for ETA. I was just wondering, I applied at-large. Is this a disadvantage? I have been living out of the USA for more than 10 years. I have been in the country that I have applied twice. I organised two summer courses there. I am familiar with the language and can communicate in simple situations. I am a new English teacher, I have one and a half year of experience and I was a research assistant for one semester. At the moment, I am an MA student. I also have another MA in Applied Linguistics. Do you think I'd be overqualified because of my degrees or experience? I read somewhere that in some cases it might. 

BTW, I have applied Ukraine. Best of luck to all!

Hi All! I'm curious if anyone has information on Fulbright-Nehru awards. I applied this year, and the deadline was a full two months earlier than the majority of Fulbright applications. Does this mean that applicants might hear back sooner? If not, does anyone know why the deadline was so much earlier?

1 hour ago, environmentalhopeful said:

How do you find the acceptance rate for each country?

Go to the Fulbright website, and in the top right corner there is a link to "Statistics". ( I have included the link below). From there, click on the link for the type of grant that you are interested in, and then you can select your country by scrolling or using the search function. For each country, there should be information about the number of applications compared to the number of awards granted for the past 3 cycles.

I do not know if there is any other kind of database for cycles beyond the past 3 years, but I hope this helps you find what you are looking for!

https://us.fulbrightonline.org/statistics

On 11/17/2017 at 5:28 AM, One Big Dot said:

This forum is surprisingly quiet. Is this the only one out there for Fulbright aspirants?

This is the only one I know about... I think it's quiet because we've all entered the dreaded waiting period >.<  Hopefully January will come quickly!