Fulbright 2018-2019

AnnMarie

Hi! My name is Noah. I am an ETA applicant applying to Spain. My grant's purpose is to help special needs children that have been pushed out of public school systems. What is everyone else going for??

My email is CONSTANTLY being refreshed. I don't think I can wait much longer!!!!

Congrats to Czech applicants who have already been given big hope for their applications!

26 minutes ago, Ang123 said:

The suspense is real!!!! Hey guys, I applied for a study/research grant in Spain.

I couldn't resist joining in on the collective wait/fun lol. I hope everyone hears good news---hopefully tomorrow?!?

I also applied to Research in spain!! Good luck!

Between refreshing this page and my email I'm going nuts. I keep hoping when I see new posts on here it means maybe more people heard something, but also it's honestly just nice to feel collectively nuts as we all anxiously wait. 

Alright, elephant in the room: what happens if they don't pass a budget and the government shuts down tomorrow? When will we find out?! I mean, priorities. ;)

I have a weird mix of disappointment and relief that it wasn't today. At least my dream is still alive, but I kind of just want to know already. 

12 minutes ago, iDance said:

Alright, elephant in the room: what happens if they don't pass a budget and the government shuts down tomorrow? When will we find out?! I mean, priorities. ;)

I have a weird mix of disappointment and relief that it wasn't today. At least my dream is still alive, but I kind of just want to know already. 

Oh goodness, I don't think I can process the idea of a shutdown and this waiting period. I tried to think through it in my head and it just got darker. Maybe all the overseas commissions would go rogue and email us like the Czechs.

Edited by savay

1 hour ago, iDance said:

I know this sounds crazy, but that's an oddly large part of my anxiety right now. I just want to know--then the government can have a melt down. The idea that this waiting might go on indefinitely is just terrible.

Like come on guys, if you're going to cause a mess at least be a little considerate first. ;)

35 minutes ago, necesitouncafecito said:

Hi guys! I've been reading this thread a lot and thought I'd jump in. I applied to the ETA program in Colombia. I'm feeling the anxiousness/excitement right along with you guys! Hopefully we will find out some results soon *fingers crossed*. Also, congrats to the Czech applicants! That's so exciting :D

I also applied to the ETA program in Colombia! Fingers crossed - hope we both receive some good news soon! :D

1 hour ago, iDance said:

I feel exactly the same way. I keep saying to my friends that I almost don't even care anymore if my dreams are crushed, I just want to KNOW already - even if it's just a big fat rejection.

Hello everyone! About the time semi-final notifications come out every year I post a link to our Facebook group for Fulbright scholars and hopefuls! Come join us!! Just type "Fulbright Grant Applicants" into the search box, see you there!

?

Hi everyone! While we're all waiting, does anybody know any details about the medical requirements for participation in a Fulbright? You're required to be "in good health" and complete this form. I am wondering if, even if I am awarded a grant, I would be disqualified as a result of a chronic genetic illness I have. This seems directly contrary to their statement on inclusion and diversity, which explicitly mentions disability. Ugh.

13 minutes ago, wobbegong said:

Hi everyone! While we're all waiting, does anybody know any details about the medical requirements for participation in a Fulbright? You're required to be "in good health" and complete this form. I am wondering if, even if I am awarded a grant, I would be disqualified as a result of a chronic genetic illness I have. This seems directly contrary to their statement on inclusion and diversity, which explicitly mentions disability. Ugh.

I definitely don't think they would disqualified you, that would be wrong and contrary to what they stand for. I don't think you should worry about it. 

33 minutes ago, wobbegong said:

The way I understand it, as long as your doctor says you're medically fit to participate, it shouldn't be a problem. Good luck!

14 hours ago, La noche boca arriba said:

I also applied to the ETA program in Colombia! Fingers crossed - hope we both receive some good news soon! :D

I feel exactly the same way. I keep saying to my friends that I almost don't even care anymore if my dreams are crushed, I just want to KNOW already - even if it's just a big fat rejection.

Oh my god I totally understand this. It's the waiting that's killing me more than anything else, and if it's not today I'm nervous the shutdown is gonna affect it...

Okay, survey sent!! It was so hard (maybe just for me, but hopefully not) to keep to the 5 sentence maximum. Especially for the lesson plan part, but that could be the teacher in me. I used to have to submit like 30 page lesson plans. I don't know how the rest of y'all Czech semi-finalists are feeling but I'm glad that's over with! Now back to the waiting game (but also I guess we never stopped since the US IIE hasn't told us anything)... Whew.

7 minutes ago, imagata said:

Sorry to ask but are there any Czech applicants who did not yet get the email?

I think there was atleast one Czech applicant who didn't get the email, they mentioned it over on the Google spreadsheet chat.