Fulbright 2018-2019

AnnMarie

47 minutes ago, kerralyne said:

My (old) roommate won a Fulbright last year, and I believe she received semi-finalist notification via email, but I can't confirm if that's how it works for everybody. I'm also waiting nervously like everyone else. :blink:

is that eastern time>

7 minutes ago, SoRim said:

is that eastern time>

It was EST, but I can't say what time she received the email. Most people are saying between 5:25-5:35, and I've been assuming the whole time they mean EST, but again, could be wrong!

Edited by kerralyne

2 minutes ago, kerralyne said:

It was EST, but I can't say what time she received the email, though. Most people are saying between 5:25-5:35 on the forum, and I've been assuming the whole time they mean EST, but again, could be wrong!

That's when I received my *cough* rejection *cough* email last year - 5:30ish EST.

25 minutes ago, carpediemlalala said:

I closed my email. I'm just going to work and watch the Panda Cam at the National Zoo until 5ish. I suggest you all do the same. Here's the link: https://nationalzoo.si.edu/webcams/panda-cam

Cam 2 is great right now- the panda is eating!

2 hours ago, SocGender_Grad said:

Anyone else applying to a UK partnership Award? I'm hoping to get good news about Leeds today!!!

Yes! Study grant at Birmingham! Good luck to everyone else applying (both in the UK and wherever else in the world)! You all must be incredibly bright and talented to even have applied, so I have no doubt that Fulbright, or not, we will all be doing great things. Looking forward to seeing some happy people on this thread in a few hours!

30 minutes ago, kerralyne said:

It was EST, but I can't say what time she received the email. Most people are saying between 5:25-5:35, and I've been assuming the whole time they mean EST, but again, could be wrong!

Ok, cool thanks!!! good luck!

5 hours ago, Photogeographic said:

Totally had a dream last night that I didn't get semi-finalist status but also the results were written on a concrete wall!? 

I had a dream about Fulbright last night too! They sent everyone who applied a congratulations, but the acceptance was to some random program and they did it on accident. So, I thought I got in but actually it was a mistake. Kind of a bad dream...  

Hi everyone,

current Fulbrighter here. I am quite surprised you guys haven't heard from Fulbright yet on your semi-final status. Last year we got it on January 18th, not sure if the government shutdown had something to do with it or things are just running later than usual. 

Good luck to all of you and I hope you get to hear from them soon! 

I got the "The status is coming today" email from my FPA a few minutes ago. I'm DYING with every notification. (My power company decides to announce a new and improved website TODAY? REALLY?)

My FPA's email did have a notably jovial tone to it, which seems unlikely if she knows I got rejected....hmmm....perhaps I'm thinking too much into it......

26 minutes ago, ayasofaya said:

I got the "The status is coming today" email from my FPA a few minutes ago. I'm DYING with every notification. (My power company decides to announce a new and improved website TODAY? REALLY?)

My FPA's email did have a notably jovial tone to it, which seems unlikely if she knows I got rejected....hmmm....perhaps I'm thinking too much into it......

It's nice that so many of your FPAs notify you! I have a fine relationship with my FPA, but I think so few people at my university apply that they don't bother to send out an email like that. My guess is maybe 2-3 people from my school applied this round. But we did have two winners last year!

Edited by kerralyne

6 minutes ago, kerralyne said:

It's nice that so many of your FPAs notify you! I have a fine relationship with my FPA, but I think so few people at my university apply that they don't bother to send out an email like that. My guess is maybe 2-3 people from my school applied this round. But we did have two winners last year!

From my perspective, if your FPA only has 2-3 people to keep up with, they should be calling you on your cell phone lol. Extra personal attention. Taking y'all out for coffee....

3 minutes ago, ayasofaya said:

From my perspective, if your FPA only has 2-3 people to keep up with, they should be calling you on your cell phone lol. Extra personal attention. Taking y'all out for coffee....

Yeah, it's sort of strange. The Fulbright program here is sort of juggled by the director of the Honors College (whom I have a close and "coffee date"-esque relationship with) and then the official FPA, who is a professor in the History department that I just met last fall. The FPA didn't closely mentor me or any other applicant, as far as I know. He often replied to my emails several days late or missed them completely. I think I only got to meet him once. The application process did feel a little lonesome because of the distance the FPA kept. 

6 minutes ago, ayasofaya said:

My advisor just has me? but she doesn't know how the Fulbright process goes since this is the first time my school has participated.

16 minutes ago, kerralyne said:

Yeah, it's sort of strange. The Fulbright program here is sort of juggled by the director of the Honors College (whom I have a close and "coffee date"-esque relationship with) and then the official FPA, who is a professor in the History department that I just met last fall. The FPA didn't closely mentor me or any other applicant, as far as I know. He often replied to my emails several days late or missed them completely. I think I only got to meet him once. The application process did feel a little lonesome because of the distance the FPA kept. 

That is exactly how my school is set up. Almost identical!  I went to school in North Carolina and graduated in the fall. I haven't heard anything from him yet. I keep taking that as not a good thing. I feel like he would have just told me or called me. Oh well, if we don't find out tonight, I am going to die. I might just go to his office and confront him! Jk 

Best of luck! Hope to hear soon!

7 minutes ago, kerralyne said:

Hey guys, I just got my email (4:57 EST). Unfortunately, I wasn't recommended--it was for an open study in CA. Maybe next year!

Sorry to hear that :(  I keep frantically refreshing my email but I still haven't gotten anything.  The suspense is KILLING ME. 

6 minutes ago, Sad said:

Hi all. Just got notice (5:00 pm EST) was not recommended for an ETA in France. Thanks all for posting I’ve been following to stay updated 

3 minutes ago, jazzyab_45 said:

I didn't get it either. I think everyone who didn't get is notified firat this time. Good luck yall.

I'm sorry guys...remember what an accomplishment it even is to have made it this far in this complicated and long process! That's worth a LOT. ♡