Fulbright 2018-2019

AnnMarie

2 hours ago, smeo0 said:

I applied to Italy for study/research (Fondazione Falcone grant) and heard I was recommended about an hour ago (6:15EST) - any news on your end??

Hey! Congrats :) I heard that I was recommended for open study/research around the same time as you! Where would you be located with that program? My affiliate is with the university of palermo.

Edited by bbybugbrain

Congrats to everyone who was named a semi-finalist! Keep us posted on how things go from here! It was a no on my end for a study grant (MSc Public and Environmental Health Sciences) to the University of Birmingham (UK), but the good news is I was accepted to the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine last week, so not being named a semi-finalist for the Fulbright actually makes my decision so much easier! I hope that everyone else who didn't get it this year is able to find a silver lining :)

5 hours ago, whale_shark said:

6:21 EST notified as a semi-finalist for France ETA! 

Hey! Congrats! Do you know the likelihood of being chosen as a finalist? I know there are 10 final ETA spots for France, but I'm wondering how many semi-finalists they chose...?) 

Hey everyone, I don't know if any of you would know this but I've been wondering. Does anyone know what the youngest or some of the younger Fulbrighter ages have been? I'm curious because I'm 19/graduating senior and got notified today that I am a semifinalist for Australia.

11 hours ago, bbybugbrain said:

Hey! Congrats :) I heard that I was recommended for open study/research around the same time as you! Where would you be located with that program? My affiliate is with the university of palermo.

Congrats to you too!!! :) I applied for a program with the Fondazione Giovanni e Francesca Falcone in Palermo, so even though it's technically research it doesn't take up one of the open study/research spots. I hope we both end up in Palermo! What's your topic?

2 hours ago, smeo0 said:

Congrats to you too!!! :) I applied for a program with the Fondazione Giovanni e Francesca Falcone in Palermo, so even though it's technically research it doesn't take up one of the open study/research spots. I hope we both end up in Palermo! What's your topic?

My project has to do with the bioethics of current dead migrant autopsy/identification practices.  My affiliate is one of the forensic scientists who volunteers to autopsy so it would be incredible experience for me as an aspiring medical examiner :)

19 hours ago, savay said:

I just got my notification, 15:01 PST - I'm a semi-finalist to Iceland.

Looks like they're all going out today.

Sending you all good vibes and good thoughts.

I went to Iceland last month. It was such a magical country, I wish you the best and hope you get to do your Fulbright there! 

14 hours ago, cafelove said:

Hey! Congrats! Do you know the likelihood of being chosen as a finalist? I know there are 10 final ETA spots for France, but I'm wondering how many semi-finalists they chose...?) 

I think I saw somewhere that they normally pick about double the number of finalist spots to move forward, so I'm guessing about 20? Not entirely sure though! I'd love to know the statistics! 

1 hour ago, whale_shark said:

I think I saw somewhere that they normally pick about double the number of finalist spots to move forward, so I'm guessing about 20? Not entirely sure though! I'd love to know the statistics! 

Yeah, ditto! I also really want to know what the next step will be! (Interview/further questions, etc.) I'm guessing we will get an email from the French commission sometime this week?  Anyway, good luck!! 

4 hours ago, whale_shark said:

Does anyone know how this works if there's only one award? I can't imagine they're only picking 2 semifinalists for the partnerships. 

44 minutes ago, mostlyrainy said:

Does anyone know how this works if there's only one award? I can't imagine they're only picking 2 semifinalists for the partnerships. 

Last year, I know there were at least four semi finalists for the one open research award in Ireland. It probably depends on the country/number of applications. 

4 hours ago, cafelove said:

Yeah, ditto! I also really want to know what the next step will be! (Interview/further questions, etc.) I'm guessing we will get an email from the French commission sometime this week?  Anyway, good luck!! 

Another France ETA semi-finalist here :D would love if you or @whale_shark would post if you hear anything about France's procedures for selecting finalists. I've been searching like crazy to see if they're one of the countries that do interviews and to find out how many semi-finalists they typically get, but I haven't found much besides that Fulbright typically picks 1.5x-2x as many semi-finalists as there are awards

I also just wanted to share this spreadsheet that I found while lurking on the 2017-2018 forum: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AlU2xDiiVhQjK3quPy6qXJuhgXYghzzG8L4YNT0unX0/edit?usp=sharing

It would be great if we all pooled our notifications so people can now how the process is moving along!

Second Edit: Turns out you have to request access to edit the above spreadsheet, so I copied the info to a fully public spreadsheet we can use! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YYWlybVsD-bXPOerZlJsDh4NZapiFVMsjObMQTMUU6c/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Monsieur Vénus

3 hours ago, Monsieur Vénus said:

Another France ETA semi-finalist here :D would love if you or @whale_shark would post if you hear anything about France's procedures for selecting finalists. I've been searching like crazy to see if they're one of the countries that do interviews and to find out how many semi-finalists they typically get, but I haven't found much besides that Fulbright typically picks 1.5x-2x as many semi-finalists as there are awards

I also just wanted to share this spreadsheet that I found while lurking on the 2017-2018 forum: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AlU2xDiiVhQjK3quPy6qXJuhgXYghzzG8L4YNT0unX0/edit?usp=sharing

It would be great if we all pooled our notifications so people can now how the process is moving along!

Second Edit: Turns out you have to request access to edit the above spreadsheet, so I copied the info to a fully public spreadsheet we can use! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YYWlybVsD-bXPOerZlJsDh4NZapiFVMsjObMQTMUU6c/edit?usp=sharing

Hey, thanks for creating a new one - we've all been using the one below for this application season (created around page 5/6 of this thread), probably easiest to stick with that one at this point.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cd86U9AreH9k_-WKLKnLCLn_C5MC3FKvZZ9RhlqSAq4/htmlview#

Edited by savay

1 hour ago, savay said:

Hey, thanks for creating a new one - we've all been using the one below for this application season (created around page 5/6 of this thread), probably easiest to stick with that one at this point.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cd86U9AreH9k_-WKLKnLCLn_C5MC3FKvZZ9RhlqSAq4/htmlview#

Perfect! Sorry, I just didn't look hard enough to find this. Thanks for sharing!