Fulbright 2018-2019

AnnMarie

Honestly, the letdown of the notification not arriving last week has me already "mourning" as if I didn't get it.

I'm hoping that feeling will either prepare me for the heartbreak, or heighten the surprise in the event I get recommended

::fingers crossed::

4 minutes ago, necesitouncafecito said:

Guys, the fact that we even got to the point of finishing and sending in our applications says a lot about what we're capable of! So regardless of what happens, we have to keep that in mind!

So true. You could have a great application and not get picked because of who knows. Everyone should feel proud for even applying.  

2 hours ago, ceterisparibus9 said:

Watch them drop it on us at 4:59 pm...

I've mentally prepared for the notification to come after 5 and if it comes earlier it'll be a great surprise! 

3 minutes ago, gotmilk332 said:

Really? honestly this is a relief, i can just focus at work and not worry about my email

Its always my assumption that they send out the notification at the end of the day so they don't have to avoid a rush of comments/calls/emails etc. but I could be totally wrong. 

13 minutes ago, carpediemlalala said:

Am I the only one who doesn't have...an adviser???... I'm assuming they'll send us an email to check our Fulbright accounts? The decision will not be in the email, right? They'll be in our "status" on Fulbright online, yaaaaa? 

My (old) roommate won a Fulbright last year, and I believe she received semi-finalist notification via email, but I can't confirm if that's how it works for everybody. I'm also waiting nervously like everyone else. :blink:

Edited by kerralyne

1 hour ago, SocGender_Grad said:

Anyone else applying to a UK partnership Award? I'm hoping to get good news about Leeds today!!!

1 hour ago, seanjb55 said:

I am for The London School of Economics -- think we have one more for sheffield in here -- good luck!

Me! I applied to UCL Institute of Education.

Happy Friday!! Just sharing in hopes of offering a few hours of peace (or delaying the onset of carpal tunnel from incessant email refreshing...): I applied last year and my friend and I both heard at 5:25pm. The response comes in an email titled, "Fulbright U.S. Student Program Application Status."