Who Are You Waiting For?

Victorianna

Acceptances  

101 members have voted

1. 1. How acceptances have you received?

• More than 5
  2. 2. How many rejections have you received?

• More than 5
  3. 3. How many waitlists have you received?

• More than 5

As the history results are trickling in I am wondering what schools are making us wait. I am waiting on a few and it seems that one of my top choices will not respond until March (!)

Who are you waiting for and who do you think will make you wait the longest?

Good luck to everyone :)

And that would be a second time from Cornell for me.

Good luck!

The more I contemplate my chances, the less I like them. But, let's hope both of us get good news.

Edited by bmr716

I'm still waiting for 13 out of 14!

Fourteen?!? Holy hell, I thought my nine were a lot. Brave person!

I'm still waiting to hear from six of those nine, though with varying degrees of eagerness/anxiety depending which one we're talking about. And was lucky enough to hear early from one that I know people in other fields are still waiting on, if that helps give a better sense of the percentage of decisions out so far...

Hm. Now that I know Michigan isn't for another 10 days or so, I don't need to be anxious. I'm definitely waiting for Emory and Indiana now that some results have come out. Emory, especially, because my potential advisor is coming to speak at my department next week! I don't know what should I do if I don't hear a word... I'd hate that he'd want to be the bearer of bad news if it is indeed a rejection.

To other schools, well, take your time.

I've heard from five of my seven in one form or another (are interviews and waitlists really "decisions"?). Still waiting on Rice and British Columbia, but if I get another admit before I hear from Rice I'll probably just contact them and ask them to take me out of any running I might be in, since it's by far the poorest fit for me and if they accepted me it wouldn't be very nice to take someone else's spot, even temporarily. I think UBC will be the last I hear from. I have no basis for this reasoning. Maybe I am unconciously suspicious because they are foreigners to me. Too much time spent in the South, I suppose.

Harvard, Columbia and UCSD. UCSD was supposed to inform last week, according to one of the professors there . . . so I'm a bit concerned. And according to this forum, Harvard's early next week (although someone got rejected today . . . so they must have a short list . . . should I e-mail and ask if I'm on it? Do adcoms meet one weekends?). And Columbia doesn't seem to start informing until later in the month . . . so I haven't even started stressing about that one.

Harvard, Columbia and UCSD. UCSD was supposed to inform last week, according to one of the professors there . . . so I'm a bit concerned. And according to this forum, Harvard's early next week (although someone got rejected today . . . so they must have a short list . . . should I e-mail and ask if I'm on it? Do adcoms meet one weekends?). And Columbia doesn't seem to start informing until later in the month . . . so I haven't even started stressing about that one.

Leave the adcoms alone. If you don't hear anything by March, then I'd start worrying.

2 definite rejects, 1 un-official reject (program already notified its admits).

I'm not too worried yet. I knew the above programs would be very competitive. I've yet to hear from a few more programs where I think I may have a good chance. If those come back as rejects, I have a great Plan B lined up.

Waiting on Harvard, Chicago, Cornell, Brown, NYU and UNC-CH. Most of those are huge long shots.

Waiting on Chicago, Harvard, Columbia, but a bunch of Chicago people (most I think) heard yesterday and today so I'm assuming it's a no-go. Also, Yale never told me anything good OR bad, so I really have no idea what is going on there. Very disappointed about Chicago, esp. since Columbia is a definite long shot for me.