Fall 2018

Ken5566

40 minutes ago, AnarchyAtPlanetSpaceball said:

Berkeley and UCLA (top choices for my field), then Yale and then Graduate Center CUNY.

You?

NYU IFA, UPenn, Columbia, Committee on Social Thought (University of Chicago). Renaissance all, except the Committee, where I proposed a more historiographical-theoretical research. I was rejected from the Dpt. of Art History, so there’s still some lingering hope regarding the Committee on Social Thought…

Just heard back from my first school. Waitlisted at UCLA so I'm guessing they have informed their accepted students. Still feeling hopeful but haven't heard from anyone else yet :/.

15 minutes ago, ba2923 said:

Just heard back from my first school. Waitlisted at UCLA so I'm guessing they have informed their accepted students. Still feeling hopeful but haven't heard from anyone else yet :/.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been waitlisted but I've seen people get accepted from the waitlist! My status hasn't changed and I haven't heard from them so I'm assuming it's yet another rejection. If you don't mind me asking, how did you find out? 

12 minutes ago, TJGreenbergFried said:

I broke and called Harvard. The dude I talked to said that all acceptance calls have been made and rejections are forthcoming. I thought you all should know.

Thank you for letting us all know!! I’ve been trying to remain patient but it’s a difficult task. 

Edited by ReichenbachFalls

18 hours ago, TJGreenbergFried said:

I broke and called Harvard. The dude I talked to said that all acceptance calls have been made and rejections are forthcoming. I thought you all should know.

Thanks for calling and checking on this. It's wild that only three people (including the possible one troll?) have updated the results board as accepted from Harvard!

17 hours ago, Swamp_demon said:

Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that I emailed Berkeley to ask about the status of my app and they replied that they’re still deliberating and we’ll all hear within a month or so. 

Phew, there's still hope! I had emailed last week and that's what they said then. Also, response times seem to differ. For a university I've applied to, someone got an official letter ten days before I got an unofficial email and I still haven't received an official letter from that university. 

Good luck! And thank you for the update!

On 07/02/2018 at 11:18 PM, TJGreenbergFried said:

Anyone receive a rejection? It would have been end of day today so hopefuls could wait a weekend and think it over before frantically calling. 

Wondering what you are doing on the forums with each of your posts ending "just thought you all should know" when you seem to be either trolling or just spewing negativity?

I dont know if it is just me, but I feel like this round of application is in many ways different from previous rounds. So far there isn't a clear pattern or wave of notifications like it used to be. Notifications (esp. of top unis) seem random and scattered. 

1 hour ago, FreakingOutFragonard said:

Anyone receive a rejection? It would have been end of day today so hopefuls could wait a weekend and think it over before frantically calling. 

Wondering what you are doing on the forums with each of your posts ending "just thought you all should know" when you seem to be either trolling or just spewing negativity?

I'm not exactly sure why you're accusing me of either trolling or spewing negativity. I merely said two (edit: three) things:

1) If you haven't heard a yes from Harvard by now, you aren't getting in. This has been told to me by a Harvard professor. They have already made all their calls. That sucks. For you and for me. But I genuinely thought you should all know. 

2) I got my official acceptance from Berkeley. I mistakenly thought that they, like what seems to be the case normally, send out all their official acceptances at the same time. This does not appear to be the case and I apologize if I was misinformed.

That being said, it makes no sense to say this is pure negativity. And with respect to trolling, you'll just have to trust me, but rest assured I have better things to do than to further stoke your fears or induce more stress than you—and I—are already under. I only posted what I thought would be helpful to this board. 

Edit: 

And 3) That Beate Fricke has moved to Bern. She was being mentioned as if she were still at Berkeley, which is reasonable because their website has yet to update. I just found this out yesterday and am upset about it because she looked very cool—even if I'm not a medievalist. Once again, I thought it pertinent to let people—who were discussing her whereabouts—know where exactly she is. 

Edited by TJGreenbergFried

11 hours ago, TJGreenbergFried said:

1) If you haven't heard a yes from Harvard by now, you aren't getting in. This has been told to me by a Harvard professor. They have already made all their calls. That sucks. For you and for me. But I genuinely thought you should all know. 

Your posts did come across to me as blunt and negative. But that said I do honestly apologise to you for jumping the gun.

Why was someone waitlisted then and no-one seems to have received an official rejection? If everyone turned down their offers they'd end up with no new students. This makes zero sense to me. 

3 hours ago, storiadell'arte said:

Hi everyone! 

Can the UPenn admit on the results page PM me regarding their POI, and whether they know anything else about the number of spots open etc.? Thanks!

Me too!