For those who applied before-- when did you turn in your first CSDCAS app and how long was the verification process for you?

I'm just curious about how long the verification process took for others based on the time period they sent their first application. I know that it's on a first come first serve basis so it probably takes longer for CSDCAS to verify later in the application cycle I am planning to submit my first application in around 11/19. For those who remember, when did you turn in your first application and how long after was it verified? 

This might be a silly question to ask but you don't need to have all your apps done on csdcas for the verification process to begin correct? So once I submit an app and pay the fee then that app will be in line for verification, correct? 

47 minutes ago, hopefulslp1 said:

This might be a silly question to ask but you don't need to have all your apps done on csdcas for the verification process to begin correct? So once I submit an app and pay the fee then that app will be in line for verification, correct? 

I believe once you turn in your first school's app it gets in line for verification and you don't need ALL school's apps.

Remember, most schools do not require your application to be verified by the due date, of course it is probably best to submit early :). 

Here is a link to a list of programs and if they need verification by the due date: https://portal.csdcas.org/csdcasHelpPages/participating-programs-2/index.html

13 hours ago, Felice said:

Remember, most schools do not require your application to be verified by the due date, of course it is probably best to submit early :). 

Here is a link to a list of programs and if they need verification by the due date: https://portal.csdcas.org/csdcasHelpPages/participating-programs-2/index.html

This helps so much thanks!

I called CSDCAS the other day to ask exactly this question. Their customer service is excellent, by the way. The lady told me that once you submit your application, it can take up to 4 weeks to verify depending on how busy they are. That's why they recommend submitting your application at LEAST a month before the due date. If there are any issues with your applications, they let you know immediately so that it can be resolved. Good luck!

I turned my application in Sept 24 (app due Oct 1) and it was verified by Oct 2. However, I'm sure CSDCAS will be saturated with applications for the Jan 15 deadline, so I'd suggest submitting by mid-December.

2 hours ago, NatRose said:

I turned my application in Sept 24 (app due Oct 1) and it was verified by Oct 2. However, I'm sure CSDCAS will be saturated with applications for the Jan 15 deadline, so I'd suggest submitting by mid-December.

This is exactly the type of info I was looking for! Thanks. Just trying to get a time frame on how short/long it took at different times of different months. 

On 11/12/2017 at 7:11 PM, hopefulslp1 said:

Does anyone know how you'll find out if it's been verified? Does "complete" mean that it has been verified? 

Complete is what you'll see before it's been verified. Did they verify it yet? (Trying to figure out how long this year's cycle will take)

Edited by Blue J

I submitted my first 4 applications on 11/5/17 and then the next two on 11/13 and 11/14. I got a notification that my applications were verified on 11/20. I'm not sure if this helps or not since I know the time it takes can depend on how many people are submitting. I think I sort of "beat the rush" because it took about 2 weeks where I hear it typically takes up to 4. 

I just looked back at my emails from CSDCAS from last year. I finalized my applications on January 2nd and my coursework was verified January 27th. However CSDCAS was still receiving my recommendations and transcripts during this time. I would definitely give it four weeks during the rush!