Princeton WWS App Q's

yellina122

5 minutes ago, mahakal said:

Going by the previous year's results, it seems all the yes's(MPPs first then MPAs) go out at the same time. Also, they release waitlist and nos on the same day. so I think we can expect an email today.

Really?! Wow, admissions said they were gonna release tomorrow. I'm an MPA so this just gave me hope. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, LibbyCreek said:

Yes, excuse me, MPA. I don't know either, just trying to get myself settled so I can hopefully get some sleep tonight! ACK!

No problem. I would be very happy if today is d day no matter what. 

4 minutes ago, thismustbetheplace said:

I think informal "Yes!" emails are informal for a reason, and it's not worth driving ourselves crazy.

I'm just going to hold out hope that I get good news tomorrow and try not to think about it

(he says as he posts on this board instead of doing work)

Sorry, what did you say? I was busy refreshing my email...

7 minutes ago, thismustbetheplace said:

I think informal "Yes!" emails are informal for a reason, and it's not worth driving ourselves crazy.

I'm just going to hold out hope that I get good news tomorrow and try not to think about it

(he says as he posts on this board instead of doing work)

After 2 hours of refreshing my email every 5 seconds, I opened my SOP and gave myself even more anxiety.

Do not, I repeat, do not follow my lead. 

4 minutes ago, aaprabhakar said:

After 2 hours of refreshing my email every 5 seconds, I opened my SOP and gave myself even more anxiety.

Do not, I repeat, do not follow my lead. 

Oh, don't tempt me to follow that path. I'm washing my hopelessness down with anthro homework now.

Hey guys. I've been following this thread for a few weeks now but this is my first post on GradCafe. Anyway, just wanted to report that I also got the YES email from the Director of Graduate Admissions at 1:58pm EST. I applied for the mid-career MPP. I'm still waiting to hear back from HKS though regarding a potential CPL fellowship. If I get into HKS, then I'll make a final decision after attending both schools' Admit Days. Good luck to all of you still waiting for results!

Congratulations to the ones who got in. All the best! 

I am yet to hear from WWS (YES/Reject/waitlisted).  And it's just morning in India. Long day ahead for me as I wait for both HKS and WWS. Did anyone get Reject mail yet?  

Edited by Venky2018
spellcheck

14 minutes ago, Venky2018 said:

Congratulations to the ones who got in. All the best! 

I am yet to hear from WWS (YES/Reject).  And it's just morning in India. Long day ahead for me as I want for both HKS and WWS. Did anyone get Reject mail yet?  

I haven't received anything. We'll just have to see what happens on the 15th. I hope they send some YES! emails in the morning and decisions in the afternoon. It would be sad if only 2/3 of us got in via this site.

14 minutes ago, lackey said:

I haven't received anything. We'll just have to see what happens on the 15th. I hope they send some YES! emails in the morning and decisions in the afternoon. It would be sad if only 2/3 of us got in via this site.

Yeah. Hope is the last thing that...

7 hours ago, MPP123 said:

Hey guys. I've been following this thread for a few weeks now but this is my first post on GradCafe. Anyway, just wanted to report that I also got the YES email from the Director of Graduate Admissions at 1:58pm EST. I applied for the mid-career MPP. I'm still waiting to hear back from HKS though regarding a potential CPL fellowship. If I get into HKS, then I'll make a final decision after attending both schools' Admit Days. Good luck to all of you still waiting for results!

Thanks for logging on to share! Congratulations! I also applied for the MPP and am still hopeful, I look forward to hearing more of your news after you visit.

6 minutes ago, jestoppel said:

Congratulations! Wondering if your application page has been updated yet.. Has it? 

It’s not updated. I think Princeton doesn’t use their application page to convey results. The mail at the time of submission also says that all applicants will be mailed.

My acceptance mail says that I will receive a detailed mail from the Dean.

12 minutes ago, Prester John said:

It’s not updated. I think Princeton doesn’t use their application page to convey results. The mail at the time of submission also says that all applicants will be mailed.

My acceptance mail says that I will receive a detailed mail from the Dean.

True. Was just wondering if they'd updated the portal only for admitted applicants.

At this point, I think they've already sent out all admitted emails. May I ask when you received your email? Timezone calculations are leaving me flustered!

I'm five hours ahead. And it is a national holiday (read: my kids are home from school). I've done a workout, showered, eaten breakfast and lunch (and coffee!), rewritten my outline for my latest paper, and um refreshed this page and others while waiting, waiting, waiting.

What are you doing to distract yourself? I need more ideas! I am planning to go to a ceremony commemorating the 1848 Hungarian Revolution in a few minutes, but it is pouring and the event is outside...

4 minutes ago, LibbyCreek said:

I'm five hours ahead. And it is a national holiday (read: my kids are home from school). I've done a workout, showered, eaten breakfast and lunch (and coffee!), rewritten my outline for my latest paper, and um refreshed this page and others while waiting, waiting, waiting.

What are you doing to distract yourself? I need more ideas! I am planning to go to a ceremony commemorating the 1848 Hungarian Revolution in a few minutes, but it is pouring and the event is outside...

Hi! Spanish Fulbrighter here :-) I'm thinkin about working out... it's almost lunch time here. Well, you can bake some cookies :-) Waiting makes me anxious and hungry!!!

5 minutes ago, DKWTG18 said:

Hi! Spanish Fulbrighter here :-) I'm thinkin about working out... it's almost lunch time here. Well, you can bake some cookies :-) Waiting makes me anxious and hungry!!!

Hello fellow Fulbrighter! Did we meet last month in Brussels, by any chance?