Princeton WWS App Q's

yellina122

6 minutes ago, yoh_rrg said:

Got my YES! email while sitting in the "silent" car of the train and definitely broke that rule in my freak-out moment. Excited to see who else here gets in as I feel like we've all been through this incredibly arduous process together for so long now. Good luck to everyone!!

Congrats! Have there been any changes to your online application page as well?

4 minutes ago, yoh_rrg said:

Thanks everyone! And lol with the interesting questions-- my name is indeed before O and there has been no change to my portal.

Thank you Sir/Madam for keeping my hope ever so slightly buoyant. 

7 minutes ago, yoh_rrg said:

Thanks everyone! And lol with the interesting questions-- my name is indeed before O and there has been no change to my portal.

Yes, but what color socks did you wear when you hit submit on your application? Your answer could change the outcome for many of us...:P

I'll stick with gratulálunk (Hungarian, but you can guess the meaning!)

4 minutes ago, gelatinskeleton said:

Unpopular opinion but.....I haven't received an email so I think I'm out. Can everyone who was accepted please reject all your other awesome scholarship offers at other schools  ASAP so that some of that $$$$$ trickles down please?? ;) But for real congrats folks! 

yeah same here :(

5 minutes ago, gelatinskeleton said:

Unpopular opinion but.....I haven't received an email so I think I'm out. Can everyone who was accepted please reject all your other awesome scholarship offers at other schools  ASAP so that some of that $$$$$ trickles down please?? ;) But for real congrats folks! 

Same! Congrats y’all! But for real, reject the others real quick so I can have your funding. 

6 minutes ago, gelatinskeleton said:

How does that work, if I have not been offered any funding from x, say Johns Hopkins will they email me to say that I have been given funding now? Or is there something I need to do from my side before that?

10 minutes ago, aaprabhakar said:

How does that work, if I have not been offered any funding from x, say Johns Hopkins will they email me to say that I have been given funding now? Or is there something I need to do from my side before that?

I don't think a school will increase an offer on their own, but they'll be more likely to offer you more if you try to negotiate.

9 minutes ago, aaprabhakar said:

If you want more money from school X, you should email them that you love their program but that you got a better offer from school Y (for this to work you actually do need a better offer from school Y, they will ask for proof). Ask them if they are able to increase your scholarship/financial aid package to make your attendance at school X more affordable.

7 minutes ago, lackey said:

Anyone hear anything? Radio silence. I guess today is the rare exception of no news being bad news.

But did everyone accepted in the past get their email the day before? There are a lot of students and it seems like they spread it out. I realize I'm waiting for the MPP and most (all?) of you are awaiting the MA, but still. I am optimistic that more people on this forum will hear something positive- maybe as late as tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, lackey said:

Anyone hear anything? Radio silence. I guess today is the rare exception of no news being bad news.

Going by the previous year's results, it seems all the yes's(MPPs first then MPAs) go out at the same time. Also, they release waitlist and nos on the same day. so I think we can expect an email today.

4 minutes ago, LibbyCreek said:

But did everyone accepted in the past get their email the day before? There are a lot of students and it seems like they spread it out. I realize I'm waiting for the MPP and most (all?) of you are awaiting the MA, but still. I am optimistic that more people on this forum will hear something positive- maybe as late as tomorrow.

By MA do you mean MPA or do they have an actual MA program? I guess maybe they did spread it out. IDK.