Princeton WWS App Q's

yellina122

16 minutes ago, Securitystudies123 said:

FWIW I got a phone call informally notifying me of my acceptance to the WWS security studies PhD program yesterday.

I know that it isn’t the program you all are waiting for, but I thought I would pop in here from the political science board and let you all know. 

Congratulations! Keeping my fingers crossed for the MPA announcement.

1 hour ago, Securitystudies123 said:

FWIW I got a phone call informally notifying me of my acceptance to the WWS security studies PhD program yesterday.

I know that it isn’t the program you all are waiting for, but I thought I would pop in here from the political science board and let you all know. 

Wow. Congratulations! Very happy for you.

We await the MPA results now. 

17 minutes ago, Prester John said:

And I think the rejected ones get to know first seeing the results page

Not sure if this is true. I seem to recall that last year there was a gutting rolling notification, with admits getting direct emails first and the remainder (myself included) getting updates via the portal. notified later via email. 

Edited by Poli92

4 minutes ago, Poli92 said:

Not sure if this is true. I seem to recall that last year there was a gutting rolling notification, with admits getting direct emails first and the remainder (myself included) getting updates via the portal. 

There's also the YES! emails that go out to admits only a few days before official results, right? I was thinking those could go out this week.

6 minutes ago, lackey said:

There's also the YES! emails that go out to admits only a few days before official results, right? I was thinking those could go out this week.

Oh is it? As in emails go before the updates in the portal? My inferences are all only based on the entries in the results page!

4 minutes ago, Prester John said:

Oh is it? As in emails go before the updates in the portal? My inferences are all only based on the entries in the results page!

If you look at the 2017 and earlier threads, you'll see WWS has a habit of sending these email a few days before official results, yes. 

3 minutes ago, Prester John said:

So, last year on the 10th (second Friday of the month and the Friday before the official results date) notifications started coming out via email on a flow basis. Double-checking my emails just now I'm seeing that I did get a rejection via email that day, but it was after a period of agonizing waiting. 

5 minutes ago, Poli92 said:

So, last year on the 10th (second Friday of the month and the Friday before the official results date) notifications started coming out via email on a flow basis. Double-checking my emails just now I'm seeing that I did get a rejection via email that day, but it was after a period of agonizing waiting. 

That’s rough! I could see a few admit by email on the 9th and both admits and rejects via email on the 10th on the results page.

4 minutes ago, Prester John said:

That’s rough! I could see a few admit by email on the 9th and both admits and rejects via email on the 10th on the results page.

Yeah, looking back through everything, I saw the first acceptance notification on last year's thread posted at 9:44 AM EST, and I received my rejection email at 4:19 PM. 

4 minutes ago, Poli92 said:

Yeah, looking back through everything, I saw the first acceptance notification on last year's thread posted at 9:44 AM EST, and I received my rejection email at 4:19 PM. 

9:44 on the 9th?