2018 Interviews and Results Thread

phyanth

4 minutes ago, phyanth said:

As far as your interview, take it as a good sign! They only interview people that they are interested in accepting, so you’re one step further to possibly being admitted

Thank you for the positivity! Good luck with your applications!

7 hours ago, MedAnth2016 said:

To the folks with the Northwestern interviews, would you mind sharing your subfields?

Are you also applying to the joint medical anthro/MPH program @MedAnth2016? I haven’t received any email from Northwestern and have been panicking since the first interview post on the results site yesterday. ☹️

On 1/15/2018 at 1:03 AM, yzo said:

To the person who posted the Brown interview, do you mind sharing your sub-field and whether it was a personalised email?

I don't think it was a personalised email since i noticed that so far there are two interview results posted and both of them were completed on Jan 15th.

BTW i am also a brown applicant. I am almost disheartened since I found myself get no interview information from the program. Tears.

23 minutes ago, LizzLi said:

I don't think it was a personalised email since i noticed that so far there are two interview results posted and both of them were completed on Jan 15th.

BTW i am also a brown applicant. I am almost disheartened since I found myself get no interview information from the program. Tears.

Hey, you never know! It could just be one POI reaching out to his/her interested candidates.

I'm seriously holding my breath for WUSTL, they typically send out interview invites around this week or next. :wacko:

Also, WHOA. There's already a PhD acceptance for this year! Holy smokes. The pressure is real.

Edited by phyanth

2 hours ago, LizzLi said:

Going by previous years too, Brown doesn't seem to have a staggered interview process.

So yeah, it's safe for us to assume a rejection. Sucks.

Edited by yzo

2 hours ago, phyanth said:

Hey, you never know! It could just be one POI reaching out to his/her interested candidates.

I'm seriously holding my breath for WUSTL, they typically send out interview invites around this week or next. :wacko:

Also, WHOA. There's already a PhD acceptance for this year! Holy smokes. The pressure is real.

I guess/hope you r right and wish us good luck! 

45 minutes ago, yzo said:

Going by previous years too, Brown doesn't seem to have a staggered interview process.

So yeah, it's safe for us to assume a rejection. Sucks.

yeah didn't count on it much but ... still sucks. Brown may be one of my reaches since there is a professor whose research shares a great approximation with mine. 

Maybe it's time to do some school research in UK (pretend to be positive :h

Anyone else apply to Berkeley or Stanford? Based on the results board, Berkekely seems to notify people around the end of January/Early Feb, but I don't know if the POI or GAO send out interview requests or some kind of communication. 

3 hours ago, waltzforzizi said:

Anyone else apply to Berkeley or Stanford? Based on the results board, Berkekely seems to notify people around the end of January/Early Feb, but I don't know if the POI or GAO send out interview requests or some kind of communication. 

I applied to both Berkeley and Stanford for sociocultural -- the only program I've heard back from so far re: an interview has been UC Irvine.

13 hours ago, mif249 said:

I applied to both Berkeley and Stanford for sociocultural -- the only program I've heard back from so far re: an interview has been UC Irvine.

Ah, okay. Many others have stated most incoming interviews or decisions have been social for the most part. The results board shows that as well. I guess we will wait together :)

Good luck with your interview for UCI!

Looks like Yale has started to reach out for interviews for sociocultural. Congrats & good luck to those who were contacted!

Edited by mif249
To add "good luck"

Congrats to the people who got an interview from Yale! 

Does anyone know if they send out a mass email for interview invites, or is it individual, by POI?

Edited by phyanth
Spelling

23 minutes ago, Archaeodan said:

Just got an email saying I am "high on the funding priority list" for Georgia Geography (archaeology prof)! Not exactly sure what that means, but I'm taking it as a good sign! 

Ummmm yes! It sounds like they want to admit you, fingers crossed! ☺️

1 hour ago, Archaeodan said:

Just got an email saying I am "high on the funding priority list" for Georgia Geography (archaeology prof)! Not exactly sure what that means, but I'm taking it as a good sign! 

Yeah for sure, that’s great that you got an update like that!

Yeesh, is it just me or is the anxiety really starting to kick in now?

Congratulations to the chosen few invited for interviews. Still waiting on my schools to pop up onto the scoreboard . . . 

Edited by AnthroPhDHopeful

@AnthroPhDHopeful the anxiety is real. Even though I've only seen sociocultural results so far, I'm still checking my e-mail and gradcafe multiple times a day D: Good luck! Hope you hear soon, this wait is mentally taxing.

Also, I was looking at Yale interviews in previous years; do they only conduct interviews with sociocultural candidates, or do they interview for each subdiscipline?

18 hours ago, AnthroPhDHopeful said:

Congratulations to the chosen few invited for interviews. Still waiting on my schools to pop up onto the scoreboard . . . 

Yup, without a doubt. I will be on vacation come mid-February, so I hope I hear SOMETHING from Berkeley by then whether it's a yay or nay.

On 1/18/2018 at 9:47 PM, AnthroPhDHopeful said:

The anxiety is real! Sigh, here's to the beginning of yet another week...