Fall 2018 PhD (Social Work/Social Welfare)

10 hours ago, Thewait said:

Well, just got an email from UT Austin that I was Waitlisted. At least it wasn't my third straight NO. What are the chances of getting off the waitlist?

I still have 3 final hopes. Please send positive vibes. Really trying not to get too discouraged since these first three were the Big 3 (top tier programs). 

Hey I am also waitlisted...sigh... UT-Austin is my top choice, so I already wrote them an email enquiring about the chance of getting in. I certainly hope that both of us will be able to get in!

I have received offers from two other schools. I am a bit worried if it is worthwhile to keep waiting for UT-Austin.

Was accepted to USciences Health Policy PhD program today, with a focus on substance use. No word on funding, but it was nice to hear something back!

Still waiting on Penn; a poster on the results said decisions are supposed to come out next week sometime. 

Wishing everyone continued good luck!

46 minutes ago, SocialResearcher said:

Was accepted to USciences Health Policy PhD program today, with a focus on substance use. No word on funding, but it was nice to hear something back!

Still waiting on Penn; a poster on the results said decisions are supposed to come out next week sometime. 

Wishing everyone continued good luck!

Cong!!!!

11 minutes ago, cookiemonster_ said:

Seems like Michigan is calling their accepted applicants today! Congrats to people who are accepted!! (and I am waiting for my potential phone call :P)

=.= I feel I have been rejected because the one who reported the acceptance is joint social work and anthropology.

7 minutes ago, cookiemonster_ said:

Hang on there DisasterBin! It's still early in the afternoon!

I am still waiting too...

But there have been two people posting the results. SAD...I think I need to go back to my home country now...

On 2/14/2018 at 9:53 PM, MCIChris said:

Hey I am also waitlisted...sigh... UT-Austin is my top choice, so I already wrote them an email enquiring about the chance of getting in. I certainly hope that both of us will be able to get in!

I have received offers from two other schools. I am a bit worried if it is worthwhile to keep waiting for UT-Austin.

I haven't gotten any offers yet. My first two were rejections from WashU and U of Chicago. I asked if the waitlist is ranked, they said they haven't ranked it yet. Positive vibes!!!

Did anyone apply to Indiana University? Director said admission decisions will be sent out next week.

I also applied to University of Denver GSSW, but they have been silent. I will probably send an email later today inquiring about their ETA.

Hang in there, everyone! Happy Friday!

1 hour ago, Thewait said:

Did anyone apply to Indiana University? Director said admission decisions will be sent out next week.

I also applied to University of Denver GSSW, but they have been silent. I will probably send an email later today inquiring about their ETA.

Hang in there, everyone! Happy Friday!

Let me know what Denver says! 

1 hour ago, SWjdg said:

Let me know what Denver says! 

Dean just wrote back, "We are about to send out formal letters via our admissions office to students to update them on our admissions process. Please keep an eye out for that letter in the next day or so, or certainly by early next week."

3 hours ago, Thewait said:

Dean just wrote back, "We are about to send out formal letters via our admissions office to students to update them on our admissions process. Please keep an eye out for that letter in the next day or so, or certainly by early next week."

Oh . well then. That clears a lot up. so the next 5 days or so. 

Hello all:

Does anyone know when will U of Michigan send out email regarding application results? (Ya....I saw someone posts joint PhD application results...I am nervous and thinking about when will rejection letter comes in.....)

1 hour ago, royerful0 said:

Hello all:

Does anyone know when will U of Michigan send out email regarding application results? (Ya....I saw someone posts joint PhD application results...I am nervous and thinking about when will rejection letter comes in.....)

Not sure...Their official website says everyone should know their results before March 1st.

17 minutes ago, DisasterBin said:

Not sure...Their official website says everyone should know their results before March 1st.

Thanks for your reply....Can I ask did you receive email or did you heard someone receive email from UM recently? 

The waiting is really like the torture....

9 minutes ago, royerful0 said:

Thanks for your reply....Can I ask did you receive email or did you heard someone receive email from UM recently? 

The waiting is really like the torture....

I think the applicants who are accepted have received a phone call; however, I and several applicants I know have not heard anything back. 

21 hours ago, DisasterBin said:

= = I am wondering if Boston College announced the acceptances last Friday? I saw a post in the results search. Does anyone know this?

I saw that post too and got excited/even more nervous. I am still anxiously waiting! Hopefully this week!