2018 Acceptances

4 hours ago, colin_cloute said:

CONGRATS @automatic !!! I just got in at exactly 3:47pm too and I'm an early modernist. Currently deciding between Columbia, Princeton, and Rutgers - hope to see you around the area :)

Congratulations!!! You’ve got a tough choice there!!

19 hours ago, automatic said:

I just got into Columbia!!!!! I actually did not post on the board, so that must be another. I have been rejected from all 7 of my other programs, and this was the last place I was waiting on, and I just got accepted. Oh my god. I am beyond happy, grateful, and shocked. I've been looking at options for next year assuming I'd have to apply again for another round. YOU GUYS. 

THAT'S SO AMAZING!!! Huge congrats! So glad you got into a great program for you!

Thanks @punctilious! And I'm really happy for your husband's Harvard acceptance.

Thank you for rooting for me, @M(allthevowels)H !! That waitlist notification was my first positive response in an otherwise crummy season and I guess that showed. This is my top choice anyway, so couldn't be happier! :D 

Congratulations @Noire et Étrange, that is amazing!!

I received two lovely emails from the Louisville grad assistant and director of the graduate English program stating that they would love for me to attend (I have been waitlisted for funded so emailed back last week saying I really admire the program but can't attend without funding) and will keep me updated immediately of changes on the funding waitlist, so I feel pretty encouraged. Program director even asked if I'd like to set up a time to talk on the phone more about the program and so he can answer any questions I may have. No matter what happens, the graduate faculty at Louisville has been so extremely kind this entire process and I'm very impressed by that. 

17 minutes ago, katie64 said:

I received two lovely emails from the Louisville grad assistant and director of the graduate English program stating that they would love for me to attend (I have been waitlisted for funded so emailed back last week saying I really admire the program but can't attend without funding) and will keep me updated immediately of changes on the funding waitlist, so I feel pretty encouraged. Program director even asked if I'd like to set up a time to talk on the phone more about the program and so he can answer any questions I may have. No matter what happens, the graduate faculty at Louisville has been so extremely kind this entire process and I'm very impressed by that. 

That's awesome to hear! They sound fantastic! I hope you get to chat with them :D

Hi all, 

I am a lurker who finally made an account to be able to post to the forum. I was wondering if everyone who applied to the University of Toronto's English PhD received the funding email request for forms on the 16th, or if that implies a shortlist has been made - I saw the post on the the results board and wasn't sure if receiving the email was a good sign or if it's just a standard practice for U of T. 

1 hour ago, katie64 said:

Yay! They sound like really good people. Fingers crossed for you. 

37 minutes ago, charlotte88 said:

Hi all, 

I am a lurker who finally made an account to be able to post to the forum. I was wondering if everyone who applied to the University of Toronto's English PhD received the funding email request for forms on the 16th, or if that implies a shortlist has been made - I saw the post on the the results board and wasn't sure if receiving the email was a good sign or if it's just a standard practice for U of T. 

I got that e-mail on the 15th, so I'm assuming it's standard practice. U of T seems to do things a little differently, though, so who knows? 

2 hours ago, charlotte88 said:

Hi all, 

I have a bit of a weird situation there that's hard to explain, but I've been in contact with the head of the department who said offer letters should hopefully go out tomorrow!

1 hour ago, melian517 said:

I have a bit of a weird situation there that's hard to explain, but I've been in contact with the head of the department who said offer letters should hopefully go out tomorrow!

Thanks for the update, @melian517. By the way, since I see you're accepted to Notre Dame's English program, I just want to include a plug for Tim Machan: I have the pleasure of knowing quite a few mediavalists/linguists, and they all rave about the guy. I don't know which school is right for you, but Machan is a pretty spectacular scholar, so definitely talk to him if you haven't already.