2018 Acceptances

@swimming: FWIW, I have a few friends who live in Boston and complain about it. But they say they would never consider living anywhere else. Some of them started there as graduate students and have refused to leave since then.

Tufts, Brandeis, BC and BU are part of the Boston Consortium as well. So acceptance to any will allow you to register for a course at other if it fits your desired program of study. :) (Harvard is part of a different consortium.)

6 minutes ago, ancientqueen said:

Got my first acceptance! Syracuse Composition and Cultural Rhetorics sent me a very lovely email. I’m crying from the happiness and excitement. 

Congratulations! That's an awesome program!

9 minutes ago, ancientqueen said:

Got my first acceptance! Syracuse Composition and Cultural Rhetorics sent me a very lovely email. I’m crying from the happiness and excitement. 

YAYYYY that is absolutely wonderful! Congratulations!!!

Currently playing phone tag with the DGS at Kentucky, who left me a voicemail earlier (while I was watching Black Panther, again) stating that I was at the top of the waitlist and an offer was likely. So i've got that going for me at least, which is nice.

Congrats to everyone with good news over the last couple of days, and welcome to the newcomers!

I thought I would update in case it would be of use to future applicants: I received an informal notification of admission to the University of Georgia (UGA) via email from the DGS on 2/22, several days after I saw that the portal had updated to read "offer of admission." I still haven't received my official letter from the Graduate School, although it should be coming through "traditional mail." 

Edited by JustPoesieAlong

1 hour ago, ancientqueen said:

Congratulations!!! 

55 minutes ago, PricklyParoxysm said:

Currently playing phone tag with the DGS at Kentucky, who left me a voicemail earlier (while I was watching Black Panther, again) stating that I was at the top of the waitlist and an offer was likely. So i've got that going for me at least, which is nice.

Awesome news! All the best!

1 hour ago, PricklyParoxysm said:

Congrats! I hope you get more good news from them!

20 minutes ago, JustPoesieAlong said:

Congrats to everyone with good news over the last couple of days, and welcome to the newcomers!

I thought I would update in case it would be of use to future applicants: I received an informal notification of admission to the University of Georgia (UGA) via email from the DGS on 2/22, several days after I saw that the portal had updated to read "offer of admission." I still haven't received my official letter from the Graduate School, although it should be coming through "traditional mail." 

Congratulations!

1 hour ago, ancientqueen said:

Congrats!

3 minutes ago, ThePandaBard said:

I saw that too. There's only one though - does anyone want to claim it? I thought Columbia was still deciding and people would be hearing next week.

Exactly my thoughts. It would be great if someone could claim it! God, heart racing and palms clammy. 

I just got into Columbia!!!!! I actually did not post on the board, so that must be another. I have been rejected from all 7 of my other programs, and this was the last place I was waiting on, and I just got accepted. Oh my god. I am beyond happy, grateful, and shocked. I've been looking at options for next year assuming I'd have to apply again for another round. YOU GUYS. 

4 minutes ago, automatic said:

I just got into Columbia!!!!! I actually did not post on the board, so that must be another. I have been rejected from all 7 of my other programs, and this was the last place I was waiting on, and I just got accepted. Oh my god. I am beyond happy, grateful, and shocked. I've been looking at options for next year assuming I'd have to apply again for another round. YOU GUYS. 

HOLY CRAP!!!! THAT IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST THING EVER I AM SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU OMG

5 minutes ago, automatic said:

Congrats!

That is wonderful news @automatic! Was it phone or email? And did you JUST hear back?

Congratulations!!! Would you mind tell us if it's an informal email from a POI or an official offer letter from the DGS? Either way, it looks like you might not be the only one!

8 minutes ago, bpilgrim89 said:

Congratulations!!! Would you mind tell us if it's an informal email from a POI or an official offer letter from the DGS? Either way, it looks like you might not be the only one!

Not at all!!! It was an official letter, posted to the portal. I got an email to check the portal and there it was! I have no idea if they were all posted at once, etc etc., obviously, but I'm crossing my fingers.

15 minutes ago, automatic said:

OMG holy crap! Way to keep hope alive! Congratulations!!

Edited by M(allthevowels)H
Sometimes I spell like an ibex.