2018 Acceptances

7 hours ago, charlotte88 said:

Hi all, 

I am a lurker who finally made an account to be able to post to the forum. I was wondering if everyone who applied to the University of Toronto's English PhD received the funding email request for forms on the 16th, or if that implies a shortlist has been made - I saw the post on the the results board and wasn't sure if receiving the email was a good sign or if it's just a standard practice for U of T. 

I haven't heard anything from them at all, so I'm guessing that means there was/is a shortlist? Best of luck! 

Hi all, I somehow just discovered this forum today. I saw a number of people have been accepted into NYU's MA program-- have others gotten into their PhD program? After looking at these posts, I am assuming I'm not in, but figured I would ask anyway.

So far I have been admitted to UC Irvine, waitlisted at UT Austin, and waitlisted at Minnesota. Has anyone else been accepted to Irvine? I'm going for the admitted student weekend next week!!

1 hour ago, nbar48 said:

Hi all, I somehow just discovered this forum today. I saw a number of people have been accepted into NYU's MA program-- have others gotten into their PhD program? After looking at these posts, I am assuming I'm not in, but figured I would ask anyway.

So far I have been admitted to UC Irvine, waitlisted at UT Austin, and waitlisted at Minnesota. Has anyone else been accepted to Irvine? I'm going for the admitted student weekend next week!!

The PhD program cohort has been finalized from what i understood when talking to them by phone.

The official acceptance in the application portal came through for the University of Delaware.

There are yellow and blue digital streamers and confetti falling down the page.

That was something new, I suppose. Lol.

17 minutes ago, punctilious said:

The official acceptance in the application portal came through for the University of Delaware.

There are yellow and blue digital streamers and confetti falling down the page.

That was something new, I suppose. Lol.

I just saw that and thought it was super cute. 

3 minutes ago, LibraryLivingJT said:

I just saw that and thought it was super cute. 

As a designer, I have a bit of a visceral reaction to 'stuff falling down page' as it reminds me of the days when people would make snow/glitter/whatever the heck fall down their websites, alongside their funky cursors and auto-playing music.

But yes, this was adorably executed.

5 minutes ago, punctilious said:

As a designer, I have a bit of a visceral reaction to 'stuff falling down page' as it reminds me of the days when people would make snow/glitter/whatever the heck fall down their websites, alongside their funky cursors and auto-playing music.

But yes, this was adorably executed.

Hahah! 

3 hours ago, nbar48 said:

congrats on UC-I, and the waitlists!

49 minutes ago, punctilious said:

You mean my geocities site with "I'm Blue" isn't hip anymore? :P

30 minutes ago, Dogfish Head said:

I saw waitlists posted for Lehigh, but I saw no acceptances or rejections posted. Has anyone heard anything from their department? I am anxious to hear back from Lehigh.

I'm one of the waitlists. I got an email this morning. 

Hopefully no news today = an acceptance later this week? Best wishes!

8 minutes ago, sarahchristine said:

I'm one of the waitlists. I got an email this morning. 

Hopefully no news today = an acceptance later this week? Best wishes!

I hope so, thank you so much! I hope more good news comes your way :).