2018 Acceptances

18 hours ago, katie64 said:

Anyone heard anything from Virginia Tech?

That's what I was wondering! Seems like some early acceptances have already gone out, but I haven't heard anything one way or another. I was tempted to email the grad director, but I've held off for now. We'll see. 

Wait listed at Bucknell. Apparently they will be notifying me if I have been accepted after April 15th? Kind of irritated that they wouldn't notify me before the exact day that all my acceptances want a confirmation by.

On 3/16/2018 at 6:07 PM, kjgv22 said:

Just received my acceptance from Saint Louis University, off of the waitlist. It hasn't really even sunk it yet! :):) 

Congrats! I got in off the waitlist there too and will probably attend! Are you planning to go to campus on April 6? If so,  I will see you there!  

48 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

Congrats! I got in off the waitlist there too and will probably attend! Are you planning to go to campus on April 6? If so,  I will see you there!  

Thank you, and congrats right back to you! Yes, I'm definitely planning on going to the open house on April 6th! So excited to get this ball rollin'!

On 3/15/2018 at 7:13 PM, ThePandaBard said:

Moved off of the wait list at UCR and I've been recommended for admissions. My official offer should be coming soon.

On 3/16/2018 at 7:07 PM, kjgv22 said:

Just received my acceptance from Saint Louis University, off of the waitlist. It hasn't really even sunk it yet! :):) 

!! A belated congratulations to you both! 

Just found my VCU MA acceptance today, but it was sent yesterday (internet problems). If anyone’s waiting on them, I’d go check! (Or maybe I’m just the last to know, ha!)

Has anyone heard from SMU yet? I’m realistically waiting on them and MMU in the UK. MMU I understand taking a minute, but I would’ve thought SMU would’ve said something by now given it’s less than a month until April 15th. Who knows though? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

On 3/16/2018 at 7:07 PM, kjgv22 said:

Congrats! I'm in there as well. Looking forward to the visitation dates in a few weeks. 

39 minutes ago, Englishnerd2018 said:

To Spectacled Spectre--I know that at least someone got a notification to check their portal for an update and found an acceptance letter. Did you attend the campus visit March 4-6?

I didn’t, I’m afraid. I’ll be sure to go check my portal again, I haven’t done that lately. Thank you for letting me know!

ETA: Nothing there! Oh well. Hopefully I just hear something concrete soon-ish.

Edited by Spectacled Spectre

Acceptance from Villanova via email from the graduate director, with an official email a day later. No funding info until the end of March so....we'll see.

Has anyone heard anything from College of Charleston yet? It looks like they sent out their Creative Writing decisions last week so I'm hoping their English M.A results come soon. I'm dying here! 

Hi, everyone. 

After a month of increasingly frequent lurking, I made an account. Hooray. 

Wondering if anyone has heard about MA in Lit from either Miami of Ohio or Purdue? I've seen Rhet/Comp discussed on the Results page and here, but not Lit. Last two schools I'm waiting to hear from, and it's driving me nuts. 

Thanks!

13 hours ago, callmethabreeze said:

Hi, everyone. 

Wondering if anyone has heard about MA in Lit from either Miami of Ohio or Purdue? I've seen Rhet/Comp discussed on the Results page and here, but not Lit. Last two schools I'm waiting to hear from, and it's driving me nuts. 

Thanks!

Hello,

I also applied to the Miami MA, and I also have not heard a peep from them. At this point, I've pretty much written them off. Which kind of sucks, because it would have been nice to have another option closer to home. Hopefully they'll get their act together soon and let you know something!

1 hour ago, PricklyParoxysm said:

Hello,

I also applied to the Miami MA, and I also have not heard a peep from them. At this point, I've pretty much written them off. Which kind of sucks, because it would have been nice to have another option closer to home. Hopefully they'll get their act together soon and let you know something!

I'm wondering if their Lit program is behind the rest of the department, and MAs come after the PhDs? (Looking at years past, MAs in Lit seem to be last.) Or they're being jerks and leaving us hanging. Fun stuff, this waiting. 

@PricklyParoxysm and @callmethabreeze -- I only found out I was waitlisted for Miami's MA after emailing to ask. I'm rhet/comp, but it's very possible this happened to y'all too!

(Also, her response said they would be sending my official waitlist letter that day--the 15th. I haven't gotten it, though my mailman is notoriously unreliable.)

4 hours ago, marisawhy said:

@PricklyParoxysm and @callmethabreeze -- I only found out I was waitlisted for Miami's MA after emailing to ask. I'm rhet/comp, but it's very possible this happened to y'all too!

(Also, her response said they would be sending my official waitlist letter that day--the 15th. I haven't gotten it, though my mailman is notoriously unreliable.)

Thanks for the info! I'm going to hold out till next week before emailing. Though not knowing is probably worse at this point. I wish I could take a time machine to April 16. 

On 3/16/2018 at 5:07 PM, kjgv22 said:

On 3/18/2018 at 12:29 PM, Daenerys said:

Congrats you two! I’m little late but I found out a couple days ago that I’m another SLU acceptance off of the waitlist! It definitely feels surreal for me too so I still can’t really believe that it happened!!

23 hours ago, callmethabreeze said:

Hi, everyone. 

Thanks!

I'm at Miami Ohio now (rhet/comp), and I'm certain they've already made their decisions and *I think* sent out the rejections? So, if you haven't heard anything, you should email the grad secretary because you might be on the waitlist. And I know that both lit and rhet/comp typically admit from their waitlists every year. 

I've also been admitted to Purdue (their welcome weekend was back in February) and I think lit might operate the same way as R/C, where they keep all applications open until they fill their cohort. So it isn't over until it's over with Purdue! 

Hope that helps :)