All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Oh, are you quite sure that not even a single batch of outcomes is out yet?
  3. Today
  4. Congratulations! I got waitlisted the first week offers went out. Wondering what my chances are at this point... and how many seats they have in the program.
  5. They trinkle in slowly. You can get an email at 2am and another candidate at 4pm tomorrow. There is absolutely no order lol. It sucks!
  6. Curious to know - do the emails trickle in slowly over time or do they send them out all at once?
  7. Hopefully they communicate the first batch today (being the last Friday of April) - 🤞
  8. Thank you! Im sending out hope that you're next up on that list Perhaps ill see you this fall!
  9. I haven't started my phd yet but hope to study diasporic perspectives on environmentalism in the homeland:) what about y'all?
  10. I did on the 15th, "The results of the doctoral awards competition will be sent electronically via the SSHRC extranet. We anticipate that the results will be available by the end of April 2024. You will receive an e-mail with more details in the coming weeks."
  11. Are you accepting your offer if you received one? Also does anyone know the long term job/career prospects of this program? My research on LinkedIn mostly shows recent grads, I’m trying to figure the career progression in the long run! Thanks
  12. Yesterday
  13. Does NSERC normally reply back confirming that they've received your offer acceptance via email? I requested for my award to start Sep 1st, but haven't heard back from them/only got an automated reply.
  14. To distract ourselves, what are you all studying? What do you love and not love about this wild phd adventure? If you want to share.
  15. I am seriously wondering about the updated funding in the federal budget. To the point that I would consider turning down PGS-D and trying again next year for CGS-D. But I'm not sure if that is a smart gamble.
  16. Awesome that you got in and congratulations! I got waitlisted and was feeling worried but its great to hear that they are starting to go down the waitlist.
  17. for those of you refusing to go into debt, I turned down both the offers i wound up getting. one was for 50% tuition remission and no living stipend. super expensive area, super expensive tuition, and mandatory summers that i would have to pay for as well. the other was 100% tuition remission with a competitive teaching assistantship in a medium-priced area; however, that one also came with no stipend and i am unwilling to sacrifice the time i would be spending with my stepchildren to work 32-hour weekends and return to my program stressed and unfocused. i decided to defer my 100% offer in case my circumstances change for next year. but i will also be working this year as i apply for the 2025 cycle and i already have a first-choice school in mind. good luck, everyone! i hope we all make it.
  18. this is just so brutal at this point. an update from SSHRC would be nice to at least stop the constant refreshing lol
  19. Hello everyone, I'm looking for some guidance on how to strengthen my application for PhD programs in Political Science in the U.S. Last application cycle, I received an unfunded offer from the University of Florida and rejections from six other schools (UNC, Madison, Georgetown, UIUC, Syracuse, Northwestern) without submitting my GRE scores. My academic background before last application deadlines includes: Undergrad in International Relations from China with a 3.78/4.0 GPA. Master’s from LSE with a 3.5/4.0 GPA. Was pursuing an MPhil in Ireland (no grades available at that time). By now, I’ve recently taken the GRE and scored 165 verbal, 170 quant, and 4.5 analytical writing, and I am just about to start an intern job at UN in data analysis. My current coursework marks for the second master's are all 4.0. I feel more confident this year but still not sure where I'm gonna go. I would greatly appreciate your advice on: The Value of Referees: Does it significantly benefit my application to have referees who are well-connected in the US? Writing Samples: Should I adjust my writing samples to be more quantitative to align with U.S. preferences? Given the fact that I indeed lack the quant research background. Overall Application Strategy: Any specific tips or strategies for applying to top U.S. programs in this field? Thanks in advance for your help!
  20. Supposed to be end of April. Last year they sent an email in the evening (Wednesday April 26) stating that the results would be available the next day at 9AM. So we won't really know for sure until we receive that email. Not sure if the release is linked to the NSERC release (i.e., to be after the NSERC PGS/CGS results since if you get CGS D, you would be forced to decline the FRQNT scholarship).
  21. When I received CGS-M, my supervisor notified me before I officially received news from SSHRC that I'd been successful.
  22. Does a department receive notification of the results before or at the same time as the student?
  23. I added their reply in my edit. They said we'll get the info by tomorrow and our institution needs to sign the form before we submit.
  24. Maybe it'll show up sometime soon...hopefully
  25. Hmm, yeah I just went into the link and this is what comes up "Click the link below to upload your documents There are no items to show in this view of the "Funding Opportunities" list." Edit: I emailed them and they responded right away with "You will receive instructions on how to access your SharePoint upload folder by tomorrow. Please note that your instalment form must be signed by an institutional representative."
  26. I've received the link too but when I click on the "NSERC’s form and supporting documentation submission site" in the email, there is no link to upload the signed document. So weird.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use