Yale MFA 2018

Sylvieee

6 hours ago, Mr.PoopyButtHole said:

Anyone else having trouble getting in touch with Yale? I emailed them on Thursday and it is now Tuesday and still no response ??‍♂️ ?

Yes, called in about fin aid yesterday, sent an email too. No response. They are in pit crit season I believe, so anxious applicants seem to be the last on their mind until next week.

On 2/3/2018 at 4:10 AM, bubumas said:

Yale photo interview,  28th afternoon.

Need to fly to US...

Anyone will book a hotel near the campus? 

Right across the street, nice boutique hotel called the study-see: https://www.thestudyatyale.com/?gclid=CjwKCAiAtorUBRBnEiwAfcp_Yxzn41_wuVjgZ2v0OK9EbrI0tw-hEotwvCnpzcl4bvHKxDClg4YC-BoCJbkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Try contacting the Senior Administrative Assistant, this is the individual who's cited at the end of the Interview letter. She has been very responsive thus far, Not sure if I'll be able to make it to my in-person Yale interview and they don't seem too accommodating, which is not surprising. 

On 2/13/2018 at 8:56 AM, Mr.PoopyButtHole said:

Anyone else having trouble getting in touch with Yale? I emailed them on Thursday and it is now Tuesday and still no response ??‍♂️ ?

25 minutes ago, Zander said:

Try contacting the Senior Administrative Assistant, this is the individual who's cited at the end of the Interview letter. She has been very responsive thus far, Not sure if I'll be able to make it to my in-person Yale interview and they don't seem too accommodating, which is not surprising. 

I did get in touch with her. I was then directed me to another person within the department. I called and left my info, but no luck. Decided to move forward with planning and shipping. ??‍♂️ @jailcowboy Mentioned they were mid crit season so maybe that is why they did not get in touch. It has been a week now, but I already shipped stuff out sooooo idk lol  

i am interviewing for sculpture on the 27th 

@Mr.PoopyButtHole@rebkhan @jailcowboy @Zander@shypup @Gimly @bubumas

if any of you are comfortable sharing what other school they got to asked to interview at

so far for me its been

parsons-interview

penn interview - interview

yale- interview

northwestern -rejection

hunter - rejection

Columbia- rejection

waiting on nyu, goldsmiths, and assuming rejection from ucla

feeling sort of discouraged worried for my interview  at yale given what i have heard from other schools 

no worries if you dont feel like sharing

apologies for the spam

Edited by Tomcat

@Tomcat 

i only applied to Yale, Columbia and hunter and I have an interview at Yale and hunter. Assuming rejection from Columbia since I haven’t heard from them.

im nervous too! At least you gave yourself lots of options. If Yale or hunter don’t work out for me I’m doin it all over again next year...

3 hours ago, Tomcat said:

i am interviewing for sculpture on the 27th 

@Mr.PoopyButtHole@rebkhan @jailcowboy @Zander@shypup @Gimly @bubumas

if any of you are comfortable sharing what other school they got to asked to interview at

so far for me its been

parsons-interview

penn interview - interview

yale- interview

northwestern -rejection

hunter - rejection

Columbia- rejection

waiting on nyu, goldsmiths, and assuming rejection from ucla

feeling sort of discouraged worried for my interview  at yale given what i have heard from other schools 

no worries if you dont feel like sharing

apologies for the spam

Hi ..I applied for 5 schools. here is what I got so far :

SAIC- finished a Skype interview today. I was not doing well but faculty was extremely friendly

Yale- interview on 2/28

CalArts- interview on 3/8

RISD- waiting. And I heard they haven’t reviewed portfolios yet

UCLA- assuming rejection 

4 hours ago, bubumas said:

Hi ..I applied for 5 schools. here is what I got so far :

SAIC- finished a Skype interview today. I was not doing well but faculty was extremely friendly

Yale- interview on 2/28

CalArts- interview on 3/8

RISD- waiting. And I heard they haven’t reviewed portfolios yet

UCLA- assuming rejection 

SAIC-Intervied today, but the interview felt rushed. I feel as though I only did so so.

Yale-Interview on 2/27

Columbia-Interview on 3/1

RISD - No news yet, but maybe people will hear from them this week

UCLA - ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

On 1/22/2018 at 8:10 AM, 98Charleston said:

I think the 167 interviewees are across all four departments, not just painting. When I interviewed last year there were around 40-45 slots for 20 spots. I imagine the number is lower for Photo and Sculpture. 

edit: the article does say that there were 70 finalists for 21 spots for painting - sorry!

@Zander

According to the article I posted a while back, there were 167 interviews and  98Charleston mentioned that those numbers were across all the departments. In the article it did also state there were 70 painting finalists. So if there are 70 painting finalists then there are 97 applicants for the rest of the departments. 

Basing my numbers off of the recent SAIC interview model, which has an interview every 30 minutes from 9-4:15, with two 15min breaks and a lunch break, there should be a minimum of 12 interviews a day at Yale. Hypothetically if all the spots for interviews at Yale are filled from Feb.26-Mar.2 there should be a minimum of 60 painting/printmaking applicants interviewing for the painting/printmaking department. 

After interviewing at SAIC and seeing the large number of applicants however, I honestly believe that Yale would have that many painting/printmaking applicants interviewing. So it does look like Yale should have an average of 60 applicants for roughly 20 spots. 

For sculpture I heard from a friend who went to Yale that there’s about double the applicants for sculpture as there are slots. I’m guessing 20-30 for the 10 sculpture slots? Probably the same goes for painting, 20 slots for 40-50 ish interviewees?

As far as the letter reads, seems like it takes place Monday, February 26 through Friday, March 2, 2018, at 10:30, 1:30 and 3:30; at School of Art, 1156 Chapel Street. 

4 hours ago, Mr.PoopyButtHole said:

Do y'all know where the studio tours take place/start from and at what times?