BC School of Social Work

Cantaloupe121

10 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

Just to double-check, BC doesn't send you any kind of notification when your application is complete, right? I think I called them and they said they had everything but I've done that for several schools so now I'm not entirely sure... :(

I didn't get a confirmation email either. BC is usually big on their students being responsible of their own stuff (at least that's how undergrad was)

4 minutes ago, ngoc9 said:

I didn't get a confirmation email either. BC is usually big on their students being responsible of their own stuff (at least that's how undergrad was)

Gotcha. Did you like it when you went there for undergrad? I've never visited/don't know much about the area (not that I'm expecting to get in anyway after the BU fiasco, lol).

4 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

Gotcha. Did you like it when you went there for undergrad? I've never visited/don't know much about the area (not that I'm expecting to get in anyway after the BU fiasco, lol).

I LOVE the campus. It's a very beautiful campus. It's right on the B line & there is shuttles to the D line (quicker way into the city). For undergrad, a big thing for me was that I didn't want to be directly in the city and Chestnut Hill is a good distance from downtown, and it was less than a hour drive from home. But as a POC, there were a lot of issues BC could've handled better. 

30 minutes ago, ngoc9 said:

I LOVE the campus. It's a very beautiful campus. It's right on the B line & there is shuttles to the D line (quicker way into the city). For undergrad, a big thing for me was that I didn't want to be directly in the city and Chestnut Hill is a good distance from downtown, and it was less than a hour drive from home. But as a POC, there were a lot of issues BC could've handled better. 

Gotcha, thanks for responding!

27 minutes ago, ngoc9 said:

Do you guys think BC will send out decisions today? Campus is closed because of the storm ? (but reslife is still doing housing selection today) 

No idea. You could call them and ask? I've been wanting to call but I only applied 2 1/2 weeks ago so I don't want to bother them yet.

Are you advanced standing, btw?

Edited by doctormelody

47 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

No idea. You could call them and ask? I've been wanting to call but I only applied 2 1/2 weeks ago so I don't want to bother them yet.

Are you advanced standing, btw?

No, I applied for the 3 year clinical program! You?

Edited by ngoc9

I know this is not the topic of this thread and I apologize, but would anyone who got into Simmons be willing to let me PM you about financial aid? I haven’t heard anything from them despite having gotten in almost a month ago and I am truly desperate. ?

Edited by doctormelody

Does anyone know if BC is open today? I just tried to call the admissions office for the school of social work but it went straight to voicemail.

Edit: It's also possible they are just on lunch at the moment. :ph34r:

Edited by doctormelody

18 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

Does anyone know if BC is open today? I just tried to call the admissions office for the school of social work but it went straight to voicemail.

Edit: It's also possible they are just on lunch at the moment. :ph34r:

They should be open!

4 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

Gotcha, thank you! I take it you still haven't heard back?

No! I was also thinking of calling.

I was going to try to wait it out but I should call Simmons and ask for an extension. This is way too close for me. I just hope it won't hurt my financial aid.

11 minutes ago, ngoc9 said:

No! I was also thinking of calling.

I was going to try to wait it out but I should call Simmons and ask for an extension. This is way too close for me. I just hope it won't hurt my financial aid.

Ah, good for you. I should just chill but I am far too impatient for that...

I really really doubt it will, but I also feel exceedingly bitter towards them after they made me wait a month to find out I didn't get a merit scholarship, lol. I want to believe they're just disorganized and not actively malicious, but the letter in my "financial aid package" (if it can be called that, it's all loans) was dated March 6th, which is the same day I called them essentially begging for them to just let me know one way or the other, so. I'm pretty mad, all told.

I just called BC. She said “you should be hearing back in the next two weeks.” She didn’t check my file or anything like the other lady did when I called last week. So maybe this is what they’re telling everyone. ??‍♀️ Not sure how long of an extension I should ask for from Simmons.

19 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

Ah, good for you. I should just chill but I am far too impatient for that...

I really really doubt it will, but I also feel exceedingly bitter towards them after they made me wait a month to find out I didn't get a merit scholarship, lol. I want to believe they're just disorganized and not actively malicious, but the letter in my "financial aid package" (if it can be called that, it's all loans) was dated March 6th, which is the same day I called them essentially begging for them to just let me know one way or the other, so. I'm pretty mad, all told.

That’s frustrating! I didn’t get anything about loans or anything.

7 minutes ago, ngoc9 said:

That’s frustrating! I didn’t get anything about loans or anything.

I mean, it would have been fine if they had just let me know when I called. I don't see what the point was in making me wait another week besides keeping my hopes up for no reason.

8 minutes ago, ngoc9 said:

I just called BC. She said “you should be hearing back in the next two weeks.” She didn’t check my file or anything like the other lady did when I called last week. So maybe this is what they’re telling everyone. ??‍♀️ Not sure how long of an extension I should ask for from Simmons.

That's interesting... Simmons gave me until April 6th when I asked, which was exactly a month from the date I sent the email. So I bet they would give you a month from today if you asked.

Edited by doctormelody

7 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

I mean, it would have been fine if they had just let me know when I called. I don't see what the point was in making me wait another week besides keeping my hopes up for no reason.

That's interesting... Simmons gave me until April 6th when I asked, which was exactly a month from the date I sent the email. So I bet they would give you a month from today if you asked.

So are you still considering Simmons even though they didn’t give you merit scholarship? Where else have you heard back from?

I’m very closing to accepting my offer to UPenn. I already asked for an extension that ends early April. Asking for ANOTHER would just look bad. I really want to consider BU/BC but this is cutting it really close. 

I wonder if their spring breaks might be affecting this process.

5 minutes ago, NYMSW2018 said:

I’m very closing to accepting my offer to UPenn. I already asked for an extension that ends early April. Asking for ANOTHER would just look bad. I really want to consider BU/BC but this is cutting it really close. 

I wonder if their spring breaks might be affecting this process.

I called BC during their spring break and they picked up. But they have been closing a lot because of all these storms. So maybe it's that? idk :(