BC School of Social Work

Cantaloupe121

On 3/19/2018 at 11:59 AM, lostxoco said:

For those familiar with the Boston area...where are you hoping to live when you start BC? 

Hey! I was accepted into the ASP program at BC. I just signed a lease for a house in Brighton. We will have a room opening up for Fall if you're interested.

18 minutes ago, Patriotsfan17 said:

They also told me that everyone will know by certified mail. If you have any questions, you should call. They are very nice. The lady even looked up my application and said it was under review. 

also by MAIL? I was told over and over it would be by e-mail. This is really cutting it close. At this point I'm planning on accepting a different program but am still curious on my acceptances from BC and BU. 

I think it depends who you talk to. Last week I was told email. Yesterday I was told via mail. When I first called early this month and asked if I can apply late, they said that was fine since they had many requests for it. They are open till 4. I would call if you are curious. Just explain the situation. I wish they would just make a post online or something. But I just looked at my agora account again and it still says review. So i don’t know what’s going on with them 

13 minutes ago, Patriotsfan17 said:

I think it depends who you talk to. Last week I was told email. Yesterday I was told via mail. When I first called early this month and asked if I can apply late, they said that was fine since they had many requests for it. They are open till 4. I would call if you are curious. Just explain the situation. I wish they would just make a post online or something. But I just looked at my agora account again and it still says review. So i don’t know what’s going on with them 

Wait, whaaaat? Mine doesn’t say anything about being under review and I submitted on 2/24. ?

4 minutes ago, Patriotsfan17 said:

That’s what the lady told me that it said under review. On the agora portal it says, look forward to reviewing your application. Sorry I said that wrong. 

Oh okay, no worries! I just called and they told me mine was under review as well. I should have asked about the notification method but I was all flustered and the lady I talked to didn’t seem too enthusiastic about looking me up... probably she just wanted to go home before the snow got too bad, lol.

1 hour ago, Patriotsfan17 said:

I called them yesterday and they said all applicants will know by next week. I applied with all my stuff on March 6. 

They didn't happen to say when next week by any chance, did they? Or was it just the end of the week? That would align with what they told me when I called at the end of last week...

2 hours ago, NYMSW2018 said:

So I totally just realized I never submitted my Financial Aid Application to BC... but i did submit my FAFSA. Was I supposed to submit the application before acceptance?

I think most people submit it after they are accepted, that’s what I did at least. But I don’t think it would hurt to submit it now. 

24 minutes ago, lostxoco said:

I think most people submit it after they are accepted, that’s what I did at least. But I don’t think it would hurt to submit it now. 

You got notified via email, right? Idk why they’re telling people mail now, that’s so weird. Maybe they mean after the email goes out they will send an official letter?

58 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

You got notified via email, right? Idk why they’re telling people mail now, that’s so weird. Maybe they mean after the email goes out they will send an official letter?

That’s what they did for me! I got an email and then official letter like ten days later 

Edited by lostxoco

9 minutes ago, Patriotsfan17 said:

Did your email just come as a generated one from BC? Or was it more professional looking. Just wanted to know what to look for

it said:

Congratulations! You have been accepted to the Boston College School of
Social Work.  Your official letter and response form will be sent soon,
but we wanted to give you the good news in advance.  Your response will be
due within three weeks of when you receive the letter.  Please include
your Eagle ID with all correspondence and keep us up to date with any
email, address, or phone number changes for our records.

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

7 minutes ago, Patriotsfan17 said:

I haven’t applied to many grad schools but I’m wondering if I am not hearing stuff back because my GPA is too low maybe? I have a 3.59 

I don’t think GPA matters as much as experience in this case. I’ve seen people be admitted to great programs with a lot lower GPA than that.