People with no acceptances yet

hopefulSLP2be7

Thought I'd start a thread for those of us who either have gotten all rejections or waitlisted so far. What schools are people waiting to hear from? How likely are you to get off a waitlist? Plans for not getting into a school? 

Edited by hopefulSLP2be7

No acceptances for me yet!  Waitlisted (but probable rejection) from one, encouraging e-mail from POI at another (but nothing formal yet...it's a wait-and-see-if-there's-a-spot situation), radio silence from the two other schools I applied to (including from the POIs who I wrote to earlier this week).

I'm thinking a nice, distracting weekend is called for!

16 hours ago, warrigan said:

No acceptances for me yet!  Waitlisted (but probable rejection) from one, encouraging e-mail from POI at another (but nothing formal yet...it's a wait-and-see-if-there's-a-spot situation), radio silence from the two other schools I applied to (including from the POIs who I wrote to earlier this week).

I feel ya, it stinks having no idea where you stand.

Also no acceptances here.

I applied to only two programs

1) UPenn's Educational Entrepreneurship

2) Columbia Teacher's College

Got deferred from early decision at UPenn, still waiting for Columbia.

For UPenn, I simply emailed the program manager and wrote them a deferral letter (aka-love letter). Didn't see reason to pester them more than that, since their department is in the middle of busy season.

Does anybody know how likely an early deferral can convert to an acceptance at the masters level?

Edited by Lee_C

Waitlisted at Seattle Pacific and Utah State (PhD). Not really super optimistic at this point. It’s so late in the game and I haven’t seen updates on offers/acceptances yet and neither have been too encouraging. So I’m basically becoming honest with myself that it may not happen...again. I was notified by one school back in December. I found out I was waitlisted at another after inquiring via in late February.

Hi there! Great post.

I have yet to hear back from the Peabody Conservatory at Johns Hopkins University and Duke University for a Master's degree in Musicology (music history...). I know one of those have sent out acceptances but I have yet to hear anything, waitlist, rejection, or otherwise. It's killing me!

I fear if I don't get in I will have to spend another year working but am trying to remain optimistic!

I also really appreciate this thread! I was super super down on myself after the first few rejections rolled in. I am waitlisted at two of my top 5 schools, but even if I were to get off the waitlist at MGH, I wouldn't be able to afford it. I'm still not exactly sure what I'm going to do if I don't get in anywhere. But I'm really trying to use these rejections to fuel some motivation in other areas of my life. I'm trying to build a relationship with God and leave my anxieties and fear with Him, and let Him guide me to where I'm meant to be. I'm also using this as a time to try and be a part of new experiences that I wouldn't be able to try if I had been accepted somewhere thus far. For example, my job is offering me a management position at the restaurant I work at. I want to try and expand this and work at a wine tasting room and maybe take my sommelier test over the summer.

Again, I'm trying to look at this situation as a journey that God wants me to go on. Maybe He wants me to trust in Him and the joys of life that He has provided me, rather than only devote every second of my life to school. 

Trust me, I'm so scared. I dont know exactly what I'm going to do because I gave up a lot of things this year to apply to graduate school. But changing my perspective has definitely helped me from ripping my hair out in the meantime (not kidding) :P

We're all going to be okay. <3 

On 3/17/2018 at 11:44 AM, MacDev27 said:

Nothing here either! For those waitlisted: when did you get your notification regarding whether you're on the waitlist? Or did you enquire?

I got emails for all of them throughout march!

On 3/16/2018 at 6:00 PM, warrigan said:

Almost exactly the same here! (Got one soft/unofficial reject, had one good interview for a different school but waiting to hear back about the results from that, and radio silence from the other two. Wrote them earlier this week and haven't heard anything either.) 

I think you've got the right idea about the weekend though! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still on the anthropology program's waitlist for UVA and American University, both of which are financially viable for my family should I get in. I may be deluding myself but I think I have at least a reasonable shot of getting into UVA. I have no idea about my chances for AU.

In the event that I don't get into either, I have a few options:

- Accept the offer to attend an unfunded* MA program in anthropology and reapply to the school the next cycle.

- Go to law school, enter politics, and defund public universities and education out of spite. ;-)

- Start a consulting firm and *sigh* actually make money instead of doing what I love.

I am completely aware how these are first-world problems but you asked what I plan to do.

As always, if you've gotten into either of these schools and do not plan to attend, please let them know!

*Might be able to get the VA to pay for it.

Radio silence from 3 schools. Soft rejection from PI of one school ( Who had given me a lot of hope earlier ). Spending sleepless and anxious nights. Worried myself sick ( literally !). After a week of hospitalization, now I am back at my job, trying to tell myself that I am going to have to stay here for a year longer ( most probably ). There's still a little bit of hope left in my heart. But I'm just trying not to think about results at all ( the fact that I am on gradcafe is sign that I'm not doing a good job). anyways, lets see. 

Ok. I'm actually freaking out now. Still NO word from one school I interviewed at (a month ago) and no word from the other school that I had an informal interview with one of the professors. Their websites say "early April" is when decisions are mailed out so I haven't called yet because they ask to be patient. I'm so nervous. My interview went incredibly well and two professors have still been in contact with me, but I feel like since I haven't heard *anything* yet it's not good news :/

Radio silence from my three schools. I did only apply a month ago though, so not unexpected. I've been out of school a while so it took me some time to get my references in order. Fingers crossed! If I don't get in I'll continue working.