Re-taking Neuro Online

I have to re-take Neuro before starting my graduate program.. does anyone have any recommendations?  I know Neuro is supposed to be more rigorous than some other classes, but my past professor talked like a robot and could not understand why over 50% of the class was failing so I'm hoping to do better the second time around.  Thank you in advance!

Hello,

I took it through CSUSUM (Cal State San Marcos). It was an online format that met live once a week. There were quizzes and a project with a final at the end. It was very doable and getting an A is very doable as well as long as you pay attention and listen to the recordings/read the slides. 

The professors are engaging during the live sessions and they treat it as a review session which is very helpful. What they go over during the live sessions is also very helpful for the quizzes and exam as well.

Best of luck!

I took it at MGH after seeing horrible things about the professor at East New Mexico (on ratemyprofessor), despite a huge cost difference. The good grade was worth the cost. If Sofia Vallila Rohter is teaching it at MGH, I would HIGHLY recommend. It is tough but she is such an good professor and I got an A fairly easily. If you study the powerpoints and do the work, you can get an A. 

22 hours ago, SpeechGal1234 said:

I took it at MGH after seeing horrible things about the professor at East New Mexico (on ratemyprofessor), despite a huge cost difference. The good grade was worth the cost. If Sofia Vallila Rohter is teaching it at MGH, I would HIGHLY recommend. It is tough but she is such an good professor and I got an A fairly easily. If you study the powerpoints and do the work, you can get an A. 

Did you take A&P of Speech at MGH, too? I'm enrolled at ENMU but I am terrified of taking A&P there since both professors have HORRIBLE reviews. It looks like Prof Rohter is teaching A&P at MGH. 

On 3/31/2018 at 4:08 PM, HooHooHooHoosiers said:

I took A&P online at ENMU but I can’t remember the professors name...she wasn’t the most lively person but it could’ve been worse! I was able to get an A. 

That's good! Bougie and Barrow teach that course right now. 

On 3/30/2018 at 6:44 PM, SpeechGal1234 said:

Dr. Weems is absolutely NOT a horrible professor despite what you might have read on ratemyprofessor. She is one of the best professors I have ever had. She really cares about her students' success and makes the course as student-friendly as possible. Unfortunately, there are lots of dummies who take the course and attempt to Google their way through it instead of actually watching the lectures. If you watch her lectures and ask her questions, you will get an A easily. Don't believe everything you read on RMP.

You should absolutely trust a current students opinion over ratemyprofessor. It looks like Dr. Weems is not teaching the class this summer. I also had the option of Bougie when I took the class. @KEIM I did take A&P at MGH. I couldn't find a student that took it at ENMU to give my any info about the class, so I went with the reviews on ratemyprofessor and did not take it at ENMU.  Maybe someone else here can give you information about the ENMU summer class with Bougie or Barrow? I would have taken it at ENMU if someone had said it was a good class! 

3 hours ago, SpeechGal1234 said:

You should absolutely trust a current students opinion over ratemyprofessor. It looks like Dr. Weems is not teaching the class this summer. I also had the option of Bougie when I took the class. @KEIM I did take A&P at MGH. I couldn't find a student that took it at ENMU to give my any info about the class, so I went with the reviews on ratemyprofessor and did not take it at ENMU.  Maybe someone else here can give you information about the ENMU summer class with Bougie or Barrow? I would have taken it at ENMU if someone had said it was a good class! 

I have asked current students at the program since they have an FB group and both of them aren't too great according to current students. But apparently passing is doable as long as you dont take it as an 8 week course.