20 minutes ago, OddIsEven said:

What a stressful time lmao. All is quiet on my end, which I'm sure isn't a good thing. 

Agree - I haven't heard anything either.  Part of me doesn't even want to hear anything, since I can only suspect the worst. The stress is nauseating, yaaay!

12 hours ago, OddIsEven said:

What a stressful time lmao. All is quiet on my end, which I'm sure isn't a good thing. 

I feel the same. It's quiet so far. I've applied to MSU, Minnesota, Purdue, Rice, USF, and Calgary.

9 minutes ago, Joegeo said:

If it helps (It does not help my anxiety) but I am pretty sure at least Rice will make contact this week given last year. USF/Georgia Tech might as well.

It's kinda nice knowing that I will finally hear something but it causes so much anxiety!! 

27 minutes ago, rmiller32 said:

Is there someplace where you can see how many applied?

Hi, sometimes the program itself tells you the number of previous years if you look at their website. I believe Rice mentions roughly 140 applications for 10 spots (I am not sure if this is just I/O specifically or all psychology fields). USF I think is 130 for 4-5 spots. Colorado State has a similar ratio. 

Edited by Joegeo

8 minutes ago, crovanika said:

Anyone else applied to Clemson? I imagine the letters for that one will be a lot later, but I really like the look of the program and faculty.

I applied to Clemson for their M.S. program so I don't think I will hear from them for a while!

4 minutes ago, Joegeo said:

From what I recall Clemson made the first contact to people in February ish. I expect Rice to send emails tomorrow or Tuesday which will make some rough days haha

Ahh!!! Knowing that they will reach out within the next few days just stressed me out so much, holy crap

1 minute ago, HopingForOne said:

Ahh!!! Knowing that they will reach out within the next few days just stressed me out so much, holy crap

Well it's just a guess given last years results from the 2 people who said they have interviewed on the 20th/21. It's not going to be a fun few days ?

18 minutes ago, Joegeo said:

Well it's just a guess given last years results from the 2 people who said they have interviewed on the 20th/21. It's not going to be a fun few days ?

We can do it!! Thankfully I start school back up on Tuesday, which will hopefully be a nice distraction from all of this. 

1 hour ago, Joegeo said:

From what I recall Clemson made the first contact to people in February ish. I expect Rice to send emails tomorrow or Tuesday which will make some rough days haha

I doubt we'll hear anything tomorrow. It's a holiday.

Honestly all this waiting has made me wish that I would have applied to more programs. But alas, I couldn't afford it.

Also my situation with LSU ended up being rather odd. I interviewed and was told that I was one of the top applicants, but that it came down to a difference in fit and that I wouldn't be interviewed unless people started to drop... which sucks since I was in contact with my POI for 6 months and some change. 

Sure hope I hear something ~good~ this week. 

Applied: Bowling Green, CSU, LSU, Clemson, UCF, Houston, UGA, Auburn, Florida Tech 
Accepted Waitlisted Rejected 

2 hours ago, OddIsEven said:

Honestly all this waiting has made me wish that I would have applied to more programs. But alas, I couldn't afford it.

Also my situation with LSU ended up being rather odd. I interviewed and was told that I was one of the top applicants, but that it came down to a difference in fit and that I wouldn't be interviewed unless people started to drop... which sucks since I was in contact with my POI for 6 months and some change. 

Sure hope I hear something ~good~ this week. 

Applied: Bowling Green, CSU, LSU, Clemson, UCF, Houston, UGA, Auburn, Florida Tech 
Accepted Waitlisted Rejected 

**Interviewed in person, I mean. 

2 hours ago, Joegeo said:

Scratched that apparently it was a glitch in the system. It was fun having joy for a couple of hours. 

If they are going to have such a big mistake, they almost HAVE to admit you to the program haha. However, sending you some positive thoughts and hope you get some good news this week. 

21 minutes ago, HopingForOne said:

If they are going to have such a big mistake, they almost HAVE to admit you to the program haha. However, sending you some positive thoughts and hope you get some good news this week. 

Ha yea,thanks for the well wishes. I can't do anything but laugh since it's a sucky spot. One hour thinking you made it the next it got ripped away. 

17 hours ago, Joegeo said:

Ha yea,thanks for the well wishes. I can't do anything but laugh since it's a sucky spot. One hour thinking you made it the next it got ripped away. 

You'd think a field that prides itself on developing effective selection systems would practice what they preach. One thing I learned from the process: a lot of programs aren't the most organized. Only one program I visited asked for feedback regarding the process- it's sad in a way.