Yeah, I'm actually very surprised that not one of us has heard from USF yet (whether rejection, acceptance, or waitlist). They've never taken this long to deliberate in previous years, I guess not as many applicants are using gradcafe this year because a few other schools I applied to no one has posted results either. Hopefully we'll hear movement one way or another by end of next week!

1 hour ago, Savannah_C said:

Rejection from University of Illinois-UC. It was expected. In need of some good news SOOOON. 

I got the rejection email today too! 

Did anyone else also apply for GMU's Master's program? I'm wait listed for the PhD program but hoping to hear about the Master's soon. Not sure if I'll go even if I get in (because I most likely wouldn't be funded) but it would be nice to know where I stand. So far, I haven't been accepted anywhere, and most schools have already sent out offers/interview invitations. The last school I'm waiting on is Texas A&M, where I interviewed (my only one) but haven't heard back yet. I don't feel great about my odds though, because the other candidates were very qualified. 

On another note, is anyone here applying for the second time after not having gotten in the first time around? I think that is likely my future, and I'm considered my options for the coming year. For example, do I stay in the lab I'm currently in and try to get more research experience, try to get a relevant job, etc.? I would appreciate any thoughts on how to make myself a more competitive candidate the next time around.

Did anyone else get a weird email from Clemson saying their application is being considered? It's just an email with "helpful links" but its the second time I've gotten it. First time  was Jan 3rd...

Hopefully it's a sign that I'm still possibly considered? lol...

11 minutes ago, azumarills said:

Did anyone else get a weird email from Clemson saying their application is being considered? It's just an email with "helpful links" but its the second time I've gotten it. First time  was Jan 3rd...

Hopefully it's a sign that I'm still possibly considered? lol...

I got that email on the 17th of January, but I haven't gotten it since then. I remember seeing that someone got accepted in late January though, so I'm not sure what that means for all of us still waiting. 

17 minutes ago, OddIsEven said:

Just checked my FIT graduate portal and my status was changed to admitted. I finally got one!! I can relax!! lol 

Yay Congrats!!! I just got the exact same relief (diff program) but I'm finally at ease lol ?

14 hours ago, Joegeo said:

Got rejected from SLU oh well ? Not even an email went to check the portal.

Where does it show the status? Is it when you click on "view details" or should I be looking somewhere else? 

6 minutes ago, Savannah_C said:

Where does it show the status? Is it when you click on "view details" or should I be looking somewhere else? 

When you go to the online application there should be a new clickable link that says view decision letter.

1 hour ago, OddIsEven said:

Has anyone heard from Houston? 

Not yet. Still waiting. And, congrats on getting admitted to FIT. I'm on the wait list there. Fingers crossed as it's one of my top choices.

Edited by viz

9 minutes ago, Waiting2See said:

Did any of you apply for a master's degree program in I/O as a backup? If so, have you heard back from anywhere yet? 

I applied to Northern Illinois University master's program and I haven't heard back from them yet.