2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

21 hours ago, ritsmph said:

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? 

I also applied to Waterloo but haven't received any updates yet. 

Hey! Thank you! Throughout undergrad I had pretty consistent experience with vulnerable populations in terms of policy-making, program designs, and health interventions. My extracurriculars are all tied back to community health outreach, I got lucky and had very relevant references, my cumulative GPA isn't anything special but my last two years were pretty strong trying to boost it up. my work experience was definitely my strength.

does anyone know how waterloo calculates the final GPA that they use to see if you maintained standing on conditional offers? (ex. cumulative, last 2 years, last 10 courses, etc)

Edited by Megan Jane

On 4/8/2019 at 5:39 PM, Megan Jane said:

hey, i just got accepted to waterloo but i haven't received any e-mail or other notification yet. the portal lacks a lot of info, including when i have to accept by, so i was just wondering if anyone knew when i should expect to be contacted with more details?

Congrats! I also got into Waterloo and you have 2 weeks to accept or decline your offer. Should state in your letter! 

I will be denying my spot so one should open up for someone else. 

9 hours ago, HealthIsWealth said:

Hey Everyone... I was accepted into both Guelph and UWO's MPH Program. Has anyone done a comparison of the two? Looking to see what information others have gathered.

waterloo focused to: sociobehavioural health, environmental health, and public health informatics

UOG focused to infectious diseases, zonosis, food safety, survellance, One health.

So choice depends what content you want to study.

I called Waterloo and they said the admissions committee is going through the applications right now. We can expect to hear back sometime this week through to the next.

1 hour ago, Springtime said:

I'm kinda freaking out here...applied to Waterloo, Western and Mac Global Health...nothing from anyone :( So hard not to feel discouraged. 

Did anyone else apply to the MHA program at ryerson? 

Am  worried too. Not heard back from Usask, UAlberta and lakehead

4 hours ago, Springtime said:

I'm kinda freaking out here...applied to Waterloo, Western and Mac Global Health...nothing from anyone :( So hard not to feel discouraged. 

Did anyone else apply to the MHA program at ryerson? 

I applied to western and Mac GH but haven't heard back from either :( I have accepted queen's because the deadline was march 28th but Mac is my first choice

1 hour ago, KPJ said:

I applied to western and Mac GH but haven't heard back from either :( I have accepted queen's because the deadline was march 28th but Mac is my first choice

Congrats on your acceptance!!  This wait is the worst.

I think Mac stated that admission decisions will only be sent out in May on their GH website. 

Edited by Springtime

14 hours ago, AhmadVet said:

waterloo focused to: sociobehavioural health, environmental health, and public health informatics

UOG focused to infectious diseases, zonosis, food safety, survellance, One health.

So choice depends what content you want to study.

Funny enough I actually meant Western University! (University of Western Ontario)

20 hours ago, Springtime said:

Congrats on your acceptance!!  This wait is the worst.

I think Mac stated that admission decisions will only be sent out in May on their GH website. 

Yeah, I remember reading about the May decisions when applying for the program. That seems so far away ? 

Accepting an offer from UfT while waiting for Mac. But just the act of accepting another offer makes me feel attached to the program lol (why am I like this?!) 

Just got my official offer to U of T MPH today and accepted it as well! Good luck to everyone.

Also applied to Mac and Western MPH. Got waitlisted for Mac and still have not heard back from Western, but U of T was my top choice.

2 minutes ago, jj114 said:

Just got my official offer to U of T MPH today and accepted it as well! Good luck to everyone.

Also applied to Mac and Western MPH. Got waitlisted for Mac and still have not heard back from Western, but U of T was my top choice.

congratulations! :) what stream of mph did you get accepted to? and did u receive ur offer in the mail or by email?