2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

3 hours ago, kuttychathan said:

are you an out of province or international student? 

i'm from ontario originally. Took a shot and applied to schools in BC and Alberta as well - was accepted to all 3 but I chose to stay closer to home and that way I can keep my job at 2 tertiary care hospitals in toronto. Thought I wanted to move to BC and take SFU's offer but made more sense to accept western's offer at this time!

1 hour ago, jt2013 said:

I finally received a rejection from SFU, so I have accepted my offer to USask. If anyone else has accepted their offer, I'd love to chat and get to know people ahead of time so feel free to send me a DM! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back from their programs!

I might be your classmate. Did u accepted usask online or onsite offer. What date did they gave you for accepting the offer? For me, they told me to respond before April 15. Don’t want on site hence still hopeful lakehead, Victoria or Waterloo might accept me.

4 minutes ago, tiffanychristine said:

i'm from ontario originally. Took a shot and applied to schools in BC and Alberta as well - was accepted to all 3 but I chose to stay closer to home and that way I can keep my job at 2 tertiary care hospitals in toronto. Thought I wanted to move to BC and take SFU's offer but made more sense to accept western's offer at this time!

Is western online

1 minute ago, Kingkong55555 said:

I might be your classmate. Did u accepted usask online or onsite offer. What date did they gave you for accepting the offer? For me, they told me to respond before April 15. Don’t want on site hence still hopeful lakehead, Victoria or Waterloo might accept me.

Are you international or domestic student?

8 minutes ago, Kingkong55555 said:

I accepted onsite as I've got a supervisor lined up for the thesis-based track, and I had to accept by April 1. Good luck with Lakehead, Victoria, and Waterloo!

6 minutes ago, Kingkong55555 said:

What difference will it make in terms of employment(&pusuing phd) if u go course based or thesis based Mph?

thesis based mph heads towards rather research relating employment

Just now, Kingkong55555 said:

What difference will it make in terms of employment if u go course based or thesis based Mph?

From what I've been told there isn't a huge difference, but doing the thesis based MPH will (allegedly) make it easier for you to pursue a Ph.D in the future. Of course if you're looking for a job specifically in public health research it may be in your favour to do the thesis-based MPH, but I was more or less told that I wouldn't be at a disadvantage for employment if I did one over the other. That's just one perspective on it, though!

Just now, jt2013 said:

From what I've been told there isn't a huge difference, but doing the thesis based MPH will (allegedly) make it easier for you to pursue a Ph.D in the future. Of course if you're looking for a job specifically in public health research it may be in your favour to do the thesis-based MPH, but I was more or less told that I wouldn't be at a disadvantage for employment if I did one over the other. That's just one perspective on it, though!

Thanks for the info and Goodluck for your future endeavours 

On 3/26/2019 at 5:17 PM, tiffanychristine said:

Hey! I was accepted by western’s mph program March 15 and got a phone call for my acceptance with an email later that day. 

I was accepted into uofa back in February and sfu on March 15 as well. Those were both by email

Thank you and congratulations!! :)