2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

Hey everyone! 

Has anyone else applied to U of T MPH social and behavioural health sciences and heard back yet?? 

My CGPA is 3.89 which idk will be good enough + I don’t have a ton of soc courses on my transcript, anyone have any idea what my chances are?  I’m so anxious awaiting a response I’ve only really applied to two programs this year and both are super competitive. ?

9 hours ago, Janak Harish Kumar said:
9 hours ago, Janak Harish Kumar said:

No. Didn't do any undergraduate statistics course.

OK. Which school did you get accepted in and could you please share your profile. Thanks

Hi all! I've also applied to DLSPH for MPH Health Promo and am still awaiting a response but was accepted to McMaster for MPH March 18th. I read a forum from last year and people were still accepted to DLSPH as late as April 29th so here's hoping....i applied last year and wasn't accepted so i'm hoping the outcome is different this year, my GPA, and extracurriculars, volunteering have all improved since then bc its the program I'm hoping for the most!

Edited by Norhaha

9 minutes ago, b6896 said:

@Norhaha good to know someone else is in the same boat. some other people on this thread got an email on march 23rd saying they were being highly recommended to the program. did they have that last year as well? 

I am also in the same boat. Hoping they let me know one way or the other soon. 

1 hour ago, b6896 said:

@Norhaha good to know someone else is in the same boat. some other people on this thread got an email on march 23rd saying they were being highly recommended to the program. did they have that last year as well? 

Hey! Yeah I'm glad to know too, I hope we all get in! I think so I cant seem to find the forum again - it was identical to this one but for MPH 2018. I got this same sort-of letter from McMaster though, first they emailed me saying I'd be recommended and then 1-2 weeks later I got the official acceptance. Maybe its just normal protocol?

hey, i just got accepted to waterloo but i haven't received any e-mail or other notification yet. the portal lacks a lot of info, including when i have to accept by, so i was just wondering if anyone knew when i should expect to be contacted with more details?

Edited by Megan Jane

3 hours ago, Megan Jane said:

hey, i just got accepted to waterloo but i haven't received any e-mail or other notification yet. the portal lacks a lot of info, including when i have to accept by, so i was just wondering if anyone knew when i should expect to be contacted with more details?

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? 

I also applied to Waterloo but haven't received any updates yet. 

9 hours ago, b6896 said:

Hi! I looked through the forum from last year - it looks like people started getting those emails a bit earlier last year, on March 16th. Someone posted that they got a rejection email April 5 and there was a second round of acceptances April 29.

Here’s the link: 

On 4/8/2019 at 5:28 AM, mmcgu041 said:

Thank you! May 15th, but I will be declining since I have already accepted my offer from McGill :) Good luck!!

I see, I will have to wait up until the 15th and after most likely then ?. Congratulations on the McGill acceptance as well!! ?

I received the email from UofT Health Promotion on March 23 stating that I was highly recommended by the department, and the chair of admissions sent two more emails yesterday regarding applications to the collaborative specializations. Just wondering if anyone has been officially admitted yet? If so, how did you receive the offer? Thanks in advance! 

Hi everyone, 

I've been following this thread for a while now and thought I'd join in. :)

I applied to five universities: UofT (applied for MHSc not MPH), York (MA), Guelph (MPH), Waterloo (MPH), and USask (MPH). 

I got accepted into USask, waitlisted at York, and rejected from UofT. Still waiting on a response from Guelph and Waterloo. 

Did anyone else get accepted at USask? I'm trying to find out more information on the program, there's not much listed online. 
Also, trying to connect with people going there, so please message me if you are. 

Hope everyone reaches their goal!

1 minute ago, thevegedemic said:

Hi everyone, 

I've been following this thread for a while now and thought I'd join in. :)

I applied to five universities: UofT (applied for MHSc not MPH), York (MA), Guelph (MPH), Waterloo (MPH), and USask (MPH). 

I got accepted into USask, waitlisted at York, and rejected from UofT. Still waiting on a response from Guelph and Waterloo. 

Did anyone else get accepted at USask? I'm trying to find out more information on the program, there's not much listed online. 
Also, trying to connect with people going there, so please message me if you are. 

Hope everyone reaches their goal!

Congrats. domestic or international?

1 hour ago, Cami said:

I received the email from UofT Health Promotion on March 23 stating that I was highly recommended by the department, and the chair of admissions sent two more emails yesterday regarding applications to the collaborative specializations. Just wondering if anyone has been officially admitted yet? If so, how did you receive the offer? Thanks in advance! 

I was wondering the same thing! I got those two emails as well. 

26 minutes ago, AhonaN said:

I was wondering the same thing! I got those two emails as well. 

I think you should contact ananya banerjee and ask her about it, she's the program advisor. also, i think these emails mean you're in, congrats! :)

1 hour ago, b6896 said:

I think you should contact ananya banerjee and ask her about it, she's the program advisor. also, i think these emails mean you're in, congrats! :)

Ananya is the one who's sent the emails! The initial message said that an official offer should come in a few weeks (after a final review by the department), so I was just wondering if anyone's had been approved yet. She said it would take a bit, which is why I don't want to pester her, but I'm scared to get my hopes up until it's official haha. Thank you though!!