2 hours ago, kuttychathan said:

same here 

2 hours ago, PM26 said:

I did as well. 

2 hours ago, HaileyS said:

yup! just got the email 

2 hours ago, Mph201999 said:

Same here

Its looking like a lot of people got this... Good luck to everyone!

16 minutes ago, PD9090 said:

Its looking like a lot of people got this... Good luck to everyone!

Thank you, you too!

Crazy how long they said we may have to wait to hear back! Have any idea on how their "rolling application process" is structured like? The email was fairly vague. 

36 minutes ago, PM26 said:

Thank you, you too!

Crazy how long they said we may have to wait to hear back! Have any idea on how their "rolling application process" is structured like? The email was fairly vague. 

I think it means that they gave out acceptances over a long period of time, meaning each person probably has a different date they have to accept by. That means that they can't tell us when they'd do the second round of acceptances since everyone will accept / decline at a different time. 

Typically rolling admissions mean that the people who applied first will be accepted first, then they keep evaluating until the spots are full but I don't think that is relevant in this case.

2 hours ago, PM26 said:

Thank you, you too!

The "rolling admissions" threw me off as well... Have no idea what that means.

1 hour ago, Shawna said:

I think it means that they gave out acceptances over a long period of time, meaning each person probably has a different date they have to accept by. That means that they can't tell us when they'd do the second round of acceptances since everyone will accept / decline at a different time. 

Typically rolling admissions mean that the people who applied first will be accepted first, then they keep evaluating until the spots are full but I don't think that is relevant in this case.

Would this mean that if I applied closer to the January 31st deadline I am less likely to receive acceptance?

I'm a bit worried now... I guessing being waitlisted mean theres still a chance rather than not hearing back at all?

3 hours ago, Shawna said:

I was told by one of the Western program coordinators this morning after being notified of being on the waitlist that offers off the waitlist are in part based on subgroups that they place each waitlisted candidate in. Some (perhaps most) schools follow a numbered waitlist, while Western MPH's program does not. 

She explained that I am placed in the "undergrad science" waitlist, and similarly, others are placed in "undergrad arts" and other similar subgroups. As people either accept or decline their offers over April and May, they will be making sure that their incoming class is diverse enough by pulling from the waitlist groupings they need. I'm assuming that, for instance, if they have too many "undergrad science" students accepting offers and making up their incoming class, then they'll pull from other waitlist subgroups. 

This being said, I think by rolling admissions they mean that they are evaluating their waitlist individuals on an ongoing basis depending on how their class demographic is looking. I also want to note diversity may only be one instance where they pull from waitlist groups - there could be many other reasons as well!

Edited by QueensSpec

24 minutes ago, QueensSpec said:

I was told by one of the Western program coordinators this morning after being notified of being on the waitlist that offers off the waitlist are in part based on subgroups that they place each waitlisted candidate in. Some (perhaps most) schools follow a numbered waitlist, while Western MPH's program does not. 

She explained that I am placed in the "undergrad science" waitlist, and similarly, others are placed in "undergrad arts" and other similar subgroups. As people either accept or decline their offers over April and May, they will be making sure that their incoming class is diverse enough by pulling from the waitlist groupings they need. I'm assuming that, for instance, if they have too many "undergrad science" students accepting offers and making up their incoming class, then they'll pull from other waitlist subgroups. 

This being said, I think by rolling admissions they mean that they are evaluating their waitlist individuals on an ongoing basis depending on how their class demographic is looking. I also want to note diversity may only be one instance where they pull from waitlist groups - there could be many other reasons as well!

@QueensSpec thanks for clarifying that!! Makes sense that they are grouping like that. I met someone from the program who also said they place a lot of emphasis on admitting a diverse group of students.

43 minutes ago, priscilladdo said:

Congrats!! How did you know? Did they email you, call or send a letter? I’ve been waiting patiently for someone to hear back

For MUN?  My status changed to "Decision Made" on my account, and I received the email at roughly the same time.

7 hours ago, PD9090 said:

Contacted Western MPH manager and was told that rolling admissions means decisions will continue to be made until mid August... 

If that's the case then they may shorten the waitlist by mid June. That's when I received an update on my status after being waitlisted.

Edited by HealthIsWealth

On 4/15/2019 at 6:57 PM, Grad10101 said:

Has anyone else still not heard back from western MPH? 

I haven't, but since waitlist went out a couple of days ago and I was told by one of the coordinators that acceptances will go until mid to late April, this might not be good news ?