2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

On 3/27/2019 at 3:42 PM, PD9090 said:

Just wondering, are you an international student? Im a domestic student and still havent heard back from Western's MPH program.

Hey, I still haven't heard back either ? I am an out of province student

4 hours ago, PD9090 said:

Do you mind sharing your profile? Gpa, experience, etc.?

i posted it earlier and tried to link it but don't know how so i just copied and pasted!

• domestic applicant from ontario
  • graduated from Ryerson in 2014 with a BScN in nursing cGPA of 3.82
  • working as a registered nurse for the last 5 years in multiple large peripheral and academic teaching centres specialized in pediatrics and critical care medicine
  • volunteered abroad working in hospitals, orphanages and teaching english in central/south america and southeast asia
  • extensive work experience with marginalized and vulnerable populations 

Anyone else accepted to Guelph today? I got an email saying I was recommended for admission and that an official offer letter will be coming in 1-2 weeks. Does this mean that I have an offer pretty much secured? 

I have an offer from Waterloo that I need to respond to by April 3rd so I'm wondering if it's safe to decline that offer now since Guelph is my first choice.

I'm still in undergrad so I'm assuming the Guelph offer is conditional, but does anyone know what the typical conditions are for UofG, like maintaining a certain GPA, etc? My Waterloo offer just states that I need to graduate from my undergrad program. 

Edited by mph_2021

10 hours ago, mph_2021 said:

Anyone else accepted to Guelph today? I got an email saying I was recommended for admission and that an official offer letter will be coming in 1-2 weeks. Does this mean that I have an offer pretty much secured? 

I have an offer from Waterloo that I need to respond to by April 3rd so I'm wondering if it's safe to decline that offer now since Guelph is my first choice.

I'm still in undergrad so I'm assuming the Guelph offer is conditional, but does anyone know what the typical conditions are for UofG, like maintaining a certain GPA, etc? My Waterloo offer just states that I need to graduate from my undergrad program. 

Congrats! it is not a conditional offer. Can you share your profile?

Edited by AhmadVet
add more details

7 hours ago, AhmadVet said:

Congrats! it is not a conditional offer. Can you share your profile?

Thanks! 

I'm a domestic applicant, 85% average in last 2 years, 3 years experience volunteering in public health doing health promotion, 1 year of research experience 

12 minutes ago, mph_2021 said:

Thanks! 

I'm a domestic applicant, 85% average in last 2 years, 3 years experience volunteering in public health doing health promotion, 1 year of research experience 

Great. You have sound experience. I hope i make into the program aswell!

2 hours ago, tfall2019 said:

Has anyone heard back from U of T MPH (Epi)? It seems like the first round of offers went out more than 2 weeks ago and curious to know if the second round of offers has been sent out yet. 

I haven't heard anything either. Hopefully this week?

Has anyone received a notice from UofT MPH (health promotion) stating that they are being placed on the wait list, or anything else that may denote that they were rejected? 

I know the first round of acceptances were sent out two weeks ago. 

2 hours ago, Toofster7 said:

Did anyone else on this forum accept Queens MPH? 

I did. I am still waiting on Western (MPH) and McMaster (Global Health) so I accepted Queen's. I may then cancel it if I get into any of the other two but I am not sure yet.

Just now, Doms said:

Anyone who received an offer from SFU, when is the deadline to make a decision?

14 days from your official offer which is the date on the letter in your email / mailed.