2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

1 hour ago, londonfogg said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Did they notify you through email or portal? What did it say?

Oh i received a pretty long email indicating that I have been accepted to the program and that email did attach a letter from the dean of the department

This is kinda irrelevant but anyone can give me advices on switching from Mph to Msc? I have been accepted to mph program in western and i took the offer. Is there any way i can switch to msc? 

lol just asking because i found out msc has big scholarship n funding, also it lasts 2 year which is gonna be more fun to me :D 

thanks in advance hehe

57 minutes ago, Emilia Marie said:

Still waiting for decision for Msc GH

57 minutes ago, Emilia Marie said:

Still waiting for decision for Msc GH

I applied to the same program, got offer letter from school two weeks ago. They started sending offers. Hopefully you’ll also get by the middle of April. 

3 hours ago, dknyy18897 said:

Oh i received a pretty long email indicating that I have been accepted to the program and that email did attach a letter from the dean of the department

Oh I meant about your rejection from SFU

22 hours ago, tiffanychristine said:

Hey! I was accepted by western’s mph program March 15 and got a phone call for my acceptance with an email later that day. 

I was accepted into uofa back in February and sfu on March 15 as well. Those were both by email

Just wondering, are you an international student? Im a domestic student and still havent heard back from Western's MPH program.

I was rejected by UBC MPH today :(  and now I feel quite pessimistic about my other MPH applications (Waterloo, Guelph, and Lakehead). 

I was wondering if having professional or research experience plays play a big role in your acceptance? I would like to know this for future applications. 

I only had volunteer experience at hospitals and retirement communities.

Just got rejected from UBC today for MPH! Finally... my cycle is over. Notified via email.

Rejected from UofT awhile ago, but I got accepted to a program in the states (my homeland) so I'll be peacing out of Canada.

2 hours ago, ritsmph said:

I was rejected by UBC MPH today :(  and now I feel quite pessimistic about my other MPH applications (Waterloo, Guelph, and Lakehead). 

I was wondering if having professional or research experience plays play a big role in your acceptance? I would like to know this for future applications. 

I only had volunteer experience at hospitals and retirement communities.

Hey...I am an international applicant...with 3 yrs of research exp...esp epidemiology studies.....

Still I got rejected....last yr...and this yr too...

Therefore no idea ..wht profiles they prefer....it's just tht... accepted students can tell us something...which we can improve next time....

7 hours ago, londonfogg said:

Oh I meant about your rejection from SFU

They said "I regret to inform you that your application for admission to the Health Sciences MPH program in the Faculty of Health Sciences was unsuccessful. We received many excellent applications this year and the admissions committee that reviewed your application was unable to recommend admission. We receive far more applications for admission than we can possibly admit due to resource limitations and therefore some deserving applicants cannot be admitted."

13 hours ago, rnoor said:

I applied to the same program, got offer letter from school two weeks ago. They started sending offers. Hopefully you’ll also get by the middle of April. 

Congrats. Are you an international student? Who is the supervisor that agreed to supervise you? Whats your profile? When did you apply?

On 3/26/2019 at 7:17 PM, tiffanychristine said:

Hey! I was accepted by western’s mph program March 15 and got a phone call for my acceptance with an email later that day. 

I was accepted into uofa back in February and sfu on March 15 as well. Those were both by email

are you an out of province or international student? 

On 3/26/2019 at 7:01 PM, timbuktu said:

I was wondering which of the following programs would be my best option, as I am really unsure how to weigh the different strengths/weaknesses of the programs:

1) Accelerated MPH at Queen's (1 year program)

2) UBC MPH (5k scholarship)

3) UofT Social and Behavioural Sci MPH (Acceptance email but no offer letter??) 

4) McMaster MPH (Acceptance email but no offer letter??) 

pls help!!

What day did you hear from U of T?

I’m wondering if everyone got their offers in the same day, or if they are coming gradually. (Hoping for the latter ?)

I finally received a rejection from SFU, so I have accepted my offer to USask. If anyone else has accepted their offer, I'd love to chat and get to know people ahead of time so feel free to send me a DM! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back from their programs!

On 3/26/2019 at 5:01 PM, timbuktu said:

I was wondering which of the following programs would be my best option, as I am really unsure how to weigh the different strengths/weaknesses of the programs:

1) Accelerated MPH at Queen's (1 year program)

2) UBC MPH (5k scholarship)

3) UofT Social and Behavioural Sci MPH (Acceptance email but no offer letter??) 

4) McMaster MPH (Acceptance email but no offer letter??) 

pls help!!

Hey. Do you mind sharing your profile?

2 hours ago, mangosmoothie1 said:

What day did you hear from U of T?

I’m wondering if everyone got their offers in the same day, or if they are coming gradually. (Hoping for the latter ?)

I am sure they are coming gradually as I got mine about 2-3 weeks after my friend did :)

I just heard that I got in through email, although my sgs status hasn't changed

36 minutes ago, mph2019 said:

Hey. Do you mind sharing your profile?

of course! I am currently completing my BSc, will be graduating in a month! I've worked a bit in health care: pharmaceutical industry (for a year), research at a university/hospital (for about 2 years, part time during school on a volunteer basis), and had a short stint at the government. Volunteering a bit here and there and trying out a few clubs/student societies at school. Hope that helps, feel free to shoot me any questions. 

20 hours ago, PD9090 said:

Just wondering, are you an international student? Im a domestic student and still havent heard back from Western's MPH program.

Hey, nope. I'm domestic