2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

5 hours ago, lulu2019 said:

just received a rejection from UBC MPH on the portal as well

Where on the portal? I could not find anything over there. It still says "submitted" at one place and "in progress" at one place over the status tab.

9 hours ago, Emilia Marie said:

Whats your profile?

I am 2007 pass out I did my bachelors in homoeopathic medicine and surgery. And post graduate diploma in clinical research both pursued from Mumbai India.i scored around 65percent in my last two years of bachelors and my Ielts score is 7.5 overall no score below 7. I have 8years of clinical experience (worked in private practice as well as hospital) volunteered and organized many health awareness programs along with team from health care organizations where I worked.

11 hours ago, Tangerine29 said:

I've applied to HRM too but still haven't heard anything :(

I'm getting really anxious and desperate

Yesterday I sent an email to the program, they said that the results of all applications to the program will be send out in mid-April.

Accepted my offer to Brock. Was non-conditional and came with cash!

Didn't feel like waiting on Waterloo any longer so should I get in (whenever they let us know lol), my spot will open up! :) 

7 minutes ago, dentistgirl16 said:

I have one question if anybody can help. ( who are already admitted in MPH and also domestic students).

How many international students received offer in MPH every year? 

Without funding? I also would like to know...

13 hours ago, docyosh said:

Where on the portal? I could not find anything over there. It still says "submitted" at one place and "in progress" at one place over the status tab.

Hey, where yours says in progress, ours says declined. You might be waiting to be put on waitlist :) Best of luck

23 hours ago, hiitscam said:

Congratulations!!!! thats amazing!! if you can, can you share your profile??

Currently completing my BSc Health Promotion at Dalhousie with a 3.7/4.3 GPA. Have quite a bit of volunteer experience including a 590-hour internship working under a well-known prof in Health Promotion. Minimal paid experience relevant to the field. Also have solid references (Health Promotion Manager at a major not-for-profit and my prof). Good luck :)

5 minutes ago, HPRO said:

Currently completing my BSc Health Promotion at Dalhousie with a 3.7/4.3 GPA. Have quite a bit of volunteer experience including a 590-hour internship working under a well-known prof in Health Promotion. Minimal paid experience relevant to the field. Also have solid references (Health Promotion Manager at a major not-for-profit and my prof). Good luck :)

Which universities did you apply to?

Just now, Emilia Marie said:

Which universities did you apply to?

I applied to UVic, USask, UAlberta, and UWaterloo. So far I received acceptance from every school except UWaterloo (still waiting). 

3 minutes ago, Emilia Marie said:

Did you apply for Msc or MPH at UAlberta  and have you had back from USask?

I applied for MPH. I received acceptance from USask MPH in late January.

2 hours ago, wuttttt said:

UBC or SFU for MPH??? Which one is better?

Both programs are great and it comes down to personal preference! I feel that SFU's program is a bit better than UBC's mainly because it has CEPH accreditation, which can make you stand out more when you apply for public health jobs, especially in the States. It also seems that SFU's MPH community is more close-knit than UBC's. UBC obviously has the bigger university appeal to it, if that matters to you personally. You can't really go wrong with either decision!

3 hours ago, wuttttt said:

UBC or SFU for MPH??? Which one is better?

I applied for both. I was accepted in SFU and still waiting for UBC’s response. 

Before applying to both schools, my first choice had always been SFU mainly because of their more concrete program and its accreditation. 

The advantage of UBC is that they offer Distributed Learning which means I can still work at my current job. 

However, upon further thought, I’d rather be a full-time student and just focus on that. ☺️

Hi everyone! 

I've been wondering what I would do if I was accepted into a program, took the offer, but later decided that I wanted to decline and accept another program instead (hopefully this makes sense ,haha!). Is this even allowed, or do the rules for rejecting an offer after we have accepted it vary from university to university and program to program? If it is allowed, however, what are the ways we may go about doing this?

Thanks so much ?

On 3/17/2019 at 4:53 PM, haylz said:

I sent you a message because I had a lot to say haha

I am hoping to learn a little bit more about the 1-year Brock MPH program as well. If it is not too much to ask, would you be able to share/message me any information or thoughts you have about the program? It would really help me with making my decision on which program I should choose!