2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

58 minutes ago, mangosmoothie1 said:

I also applied to U of T Health Promotion. From last year’s posts it looks like offers started going out at the end of April, so I’m anticipating it’ll be a while. Hopefully I’m wrong though!

Hi I emailed and they replied saying that first rounds of offers won't go out until end of april or early may.

7 hours ago, jt2013 said:

Have any in-province (BC) SFU applicants heard back yet? I haven't received an email nor any updates in the portal...

I'm a BC applicant. I got accepted to SFU MPH today at around 2pm. I received an email and a status change on the portal. They also gave me an entrance scholarship! Still waiting to hear back from UBC and a few other schools. 

8 hours ago, MScEpi2019 said:

I just got accepted to Dalhousie MSc today!

Hey, are you an international applicant? and did they take your interview? because i got mail that they will conduct interviews in late march and at that time they will contact me.

Has anyone who accepted an offer from UBC MPH heard anything back from UBC? Confirmation detail or any info about the deposit? I accepted my offer (which I received on Monday March 11) on Tuesday March 12 but haven't heard anything since then.

11 hours ago, dentistgirl16 said:

Hey, are you an international applicant? and did they take your interview? because i got mail that they will conduct interviews in late march and at that time they will contact me.

I’m a domestic applicant and already had my interview 

Hey guys,

Just received my acceptance to Western's MPH today via phone call. I have also been accepted to UofA's MPH in the global health stream and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine's (UK) MPH in the health promotion stream.

Haven't heard anything yet from Waterloo's MPH program

Edited by tiffanychristine

20 minutes ago, tiffanychristine said:

Hey guys,

Just received my acceptance to Western's MPH today via phone call. I have also been accepted to UofA's MPH in the global health stream and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine's (UK) MPH in the health promotion stream.

Oh wow...so many acceptance s.. congratulations...which one u will pick?

Just received my acceptance at SFU along with a $2,000 entrance scholarship. I was also accepted to UofA MPH in Health Promotion and USask.

I was set on UofA, but want to learn more about SFU to make sure I'm making the right decision. Does anyone know anything about this webinar? The email only says "watch by March 22", but there's no link.

36 minutes ago, tiffanychristine said:

Hey guys,

Was your portal updated for Western MPH? Or did you just get a phone call so far? 

1 minute ago, bve5 said:

Was your portal updated for Western MPH? Or did you just get a phone call so far? 

I honestly didn't look at the portal till just now. Mine still says "released to program" but I got the phone call around 11am today. She did say she would be sending an email with more information to follow

18 minutes ago, dentistdoc said:

Oh wow...so many acceptance s.. congratulations...which one u will pick?

I'm not sure actually. I was pretty set on UofA and had accepted their offer but Western and Waterloo are closer to home. Western is also a 1 year program with practicums available at the place i'd like to work once i'm done so it's also looking quite attractive. 

9 minutes ago, tiffanychristine said:

I'm not sure actually. I was pretty set on UofA and had accepted their offer but Western and Waterloo are closer to home. Western is also a 1 year program with practicums available at the place i'd like to work once i'm done so it's also looking quite attractive. 

good luck

1 hour ago, tiffanychristine said:

Hey guys,

whats your profile?

29 minutes ago, car. said:

Just received my acceptance at SFU along with a $2,000 entrance scholarship. I was also accepted to UofA MPH in Health Promotion and USask.

I was set on UofA, but want to learn more about SFU to make sure I'm making the right decision. Does anyone know anything about this webinar? The email only says "watch by March 22", but there's no link.

whats your profile? Are you an international student?

1 minute ago, Emilia Marie said:

whats your profile? Are you an international student?

• Domestic applicant (Ontario)
  • BSc Global Health from UofT 2018
  • Experience volunteering in medical/public health brigade in Central America
  • Experience doing independent research in public health in Brazil
  • Currently volunteering at a school in the Northwest Territories
  • Unrelated experience - taught Portuguese for 8 years, exec member of a few clubs on campus

11 minutes ago, Emilia Marie said:

whats your profile?

• domestic applicant from ontario
  • graduated from Ryerson in 2014 with a BScN in nursing cGPA of 3.82
  • working as a registered nurse for the last 5 years in multiple large peripheral and academic teaching centres specialized in pediatrics and critical care medicine
  • volunteered abroad working in hospitals, orphanages and teaching english in central/south america and southeast asia
  • extensive work experience with marginalized and vulnerable populations 

52 minutes ago, car. said:

I also got accepted to SFU. Domestic applicant from Calgary. What do you think you will decide? and what do you like about the SFU program?

11 minutes ago, mph2019 said:

I also got accepted to SFU. Domestic applicant from Calgary. What do you think you will decide? and what do you like about the SFU program?

Also received an acceptance from SFU with the $2000 entrance scholarship and wondering the same thing...

13 minutes ago, bajajsug said:

I also got into SFU, I was thinking maybe we can make a group and look more in depth at the program together?

That would be great!