2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

I an new in this forum. I applied in 7 universities. 3 for MPH and 4 for MSc. My all application completed on 25 January. Unfortunately, I did not hear anything from them. I emailed in universities about this situation on 25th February. They replied that they will tell in march end. But, I am worried. Is this normal or not?

Application of university of Saskatchewan and university of Manitoba was completed on 1st January but still I did not hear anything from them also.

So, please advice me what should I have to do?

I have another one question. I am dentist by profession and I completed my bachelor of dental surgery from Gujarat university. In this program, we can get less percentage compare to other programs. Such as, in BDS 75% means distinction, 65% or above it means first class and 55% or above it means second class. I  have 71% in my final year. So, universities will do other assessment for international students or not? Will they consider 71% or assess this percentage by themselves?

please advice me. 

Edited by dentistgirl16

19 minutes ago, dentistgirl16 said:

I an new in this forum. I applied in 7 universities. 3 for MPH and 4 for MSc. My all application completed on 25 January. Unfortunately, I did not hear anything from them. I emailed in universities about this situation on 25th February. They replied that they will tell in march end. But, I am worried. Is this normal or not?

Application of university of Saskatchewan and university of Manitoba was completed on 1st January but still I did not hear anything from them also.

I have another one question. I am dentist by profession and I completed my bachelor of dental surgery from Gujarat university. In this program, we can get less percentage compare to other programs. Such as, in BDS 75% means distinction, 65% or above it means first class and 55% or above it means second class. I  have 71% in my final year. So, universities will do other assessment for international students or not? Will they consider 71% or assess this percentage by themselves?

please advice me. 

Hi. I am also a dentist from India. Have you applied to MPH at UBC as well?

7 hours ago, dentistgirl16 said:

please advice me. 

what uni have u applied?

11 minutes ago, Loveleen said:

what uni have u applied?

11 minutes ago, Loveleen said:

what uni have u applied?

I applied in university of Saskatchewan, Guelph and lakehead for MPH

and university of Alberta, uoit, dalhousie and Manitoba for MSc

30 minutes ago, dentistgirl16 said:

I applied in university of Saskatchewan, Guelph and lakehead for MPH

and university of Alberta, uoit, dalhousie and Manitoba for MSc

Hey.....do u have any research exp...

frm my past experience I can say tht.. Guelph is very difficult to get in....rest I have no idea....

Surely u can contact univ...they will reply.....usask... Alberta and Manitoba have started sending their decision s...u will hear soon from them....

Good wishes

30 minutes ago, dentistdoc said:

Hey.....do u have any research exp...

frm my past experience I can say tht.. Guelph is very difficult to get in....rest I have no idea....

Surely u can contact univ...they will reply.....usask... Alberta and Manitoba have started sending their decision s...u will hear soon from them....

Good wishes

well. My bachelor degree which is bachelor of dental surgery which is entirely course based.  BDS mostly focuses on practical knowledge. So, during my study I do not have any experience regarding research.

Hello everyone,

Congratulations to all on your acceptances. I was wondering if any Canadian MPH programs are offering full scholarships for international students? Thanks for the info. :)

1 hour ago, Aowusuda said:

Hello everyone,

Congratulations to all on your acceptances. I was wondering if any Canadian MPH programs are offering full scholarships for international students? Thanks for the info. :)

I doubt there is any full scholarship..for int students.....

9 hours ago, docyosh said:

wow that's amazing. From  Where you studied dentistry? No, I do not applied in UBC. Which other universities do you applied and did you anything from other universities?

10 hours ago, dentistgirl16 said:

wow that's amazing. From  Where you studied dentistry? No, I do not applied in UBC. Which other universities do you applied and did you anything from other universities?

Hi. I am from Delhi and did my BDS from there only. I applied only to UBC and U of Alberta in Canada. Already got a rejection from Alberta. Rest I have applied to LSHTM in UK and Harvard and Johns Hopkins in USA. I already have an acceptance from Hopkins but the tuition fee is too high for me to commit there.

10 hours ago, joyinvancouver said:

I am! Have not heard from them yet. 

on their website it is written that they send the decision by april end/early may..?? but on last year forums i saw applicants start getting their decision from mid march or so.

Do you have any other update on this?

On 3/5/2019 at 9:18 PM, BTF said:

Call the schools and ask.

Additionally, the GRE does not test statistical knowledge whatsoever.

On 3/6/2019 at 10:32 AM, GoddessofMoons said:

Hey, yes it is for international students too. I’m from the US and I applied to SFU where they stated in their MPH program page that they required the stats course for anyone applying, including international students. It did not state whether you could substitute the stats course for the GRE and I did not see the GRE even mentioned anywhere on the MPH/MsC program pages. I would suggest giving them a call though and confirming because you never know what they might say! To be safe though I would also complete a stats course, they have more info here:

https://www.sfu.ca/content/dam/sfu/fhs/future-students/graduate/documents/Statistics course recommendations for MPH students Fall 2018 entry.pdf

Thanks guys! I will look into this.

On 3/7/2019 at 12:20 PM, dentistgirl16 said:

please advice me. 

On 3/7/2019 at 12:41 PM, docyosh said:

Hey, I'm also a dentist from India. How did you guys fulfill the statistics admission requirement that some universities like UBC etc have? Thanks in advance.

UBC  has particular syllabus of stats which you need to show that you have completed. Or else give GRE.

Search for some stats courses online (check UBC website i think there are links)  which satisfy  that criteria. In India you can look up IGNOU or some other univ which offer this in distance courses.

I will try and put a link if I find it.

On 3/7/2019 at 8:35 AM, docyosh said:

Anyone waiting for UBC MPH decision here??

I am. Got into uoft but ubc is closer to home so I'd definitely consider it if I got accepted.

9 minutes ago, Emilia Marie said:

Any updates froLakehead, Saskatchewan and Msc Alberta? International students 

Still waiting on Lakehead and Saskatchewan. I mean, the wait is killing me already. I'm stalking all their social media handles just begging for a response. Haaaaaa....

On 3/7/2019 at 7:35 AM, docyosh said:

Anyone waiting for UBC MPH decision here??

I am ? My PI who is faculty at UBC and affiliated with SPPH said that they have finished making their decisions (as of a few weeks ago), but no clue as to when they will start rolling them out. I think they send them out in a staggered fashion.

7 hours ago, lighght said:

I am ? My PI who is faculty at UBC and affiliated with SPPH said that they have finished making their decisions (as of a few weeks ago), but no clue as to when they will start rolling them out. I think they send them out in a staggered fashion.

.. thanks for sharing this.

On 3/8/2019 at 9:07 AM, docyosh said:

Hi. I am from Delhi and did my BDS from there only. I applied only to UBC and U of Alberta in Canada. Already got a rejection from Alberta. Rest I have applied to LSHTM in UK and Harvard and Johns Hopkins in USA. I already have an acceptance from Hopkins but the tuition fee is too high for me to commit there.

Thank you for information. I have one question. How did you fulfil requirement of statistic in some universities? because in our bachelor, statistic wasn't included as a subject.

On 3/7/2019 at 7:39 PM, docyosh said:

on their website it is written that they send the decision by april end/early may..?? but on last year forums i saw applicants start getting their decision from mid march or so.

Do you have any other update on this?

Nothing, really. Right now, I take it easy. Although I am starting to think about my back-up plan. ?