2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

11 hours ago, docyosh said:

Anyone knows when does UBC release admisisions decision?

Last year I received a rejection letter via email on March 19th! It may not be the same thing this year, but perhaps letters will start to go out in mid-March!

Best of luck :) 

On 2/22/2019 at 11:47 AM, KM21 said:

Hey! Has anyone heard from UofT’s OEH program? I had an interview last week and they said they would get back to me soon. Just wondering if anyone else has heard back from them. Very nervous and hopeful.

Hey, I had an interview too!

I haven't heard back either... was told by the end of the month so I assume anytime next week.
Good luck!

2 hours ago, docyosh said:

Thanks..Have you applied this year also??

Yes, I did! I applied to both UBC and SFU :) I'm not too sure how confident I feel, but I just want to know already.

I hope your application is successful! 

13 hours ago, alb83 said:

Yes, I did! I applied to both UBC and SFU :) I'm not too sure how confident I feel, but I just want to know already.

I hope your application is successful! 

I wish you all luck for your applications ?. I already had a reject from University of Alberta last week. I have applied only to these two schools. Are you a domestic applicant or international?

On 2/21/2019 at 3:27 PM, audients said:

I just got an acceptance to University of Toronto's Masters of Public Health in Indigenous Health. 

Me too! That's exciting... didn't think I'd see anyone else doing this.

19 hours ago, alb83 said:

Last year I received a rejection letter via email on March 19th! It may not be the same thing this year, but perhaps letters will start to go out in mid-March!

Best of luck :) 

Aw that's in a while. UofT wants a response by March 7th so I probably wont even get the chance to consider UBC if they accept me.

On 12/29/2018 at 2:08 PM, Sam93 said:

Hello everyone,

I have some questions regarding the MPH Occupation and Environmental Health at U of T Dalla Lana. 

1) Do they ONLY look at your last 5 credits for GPA purposes?

2) Does anyone know employment stats for this program?

3) Any general info/feedback on this program would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks!

I'm a bit late replying to this, but

1) When uoft talks about "last five full course equivalents," they don't mean last five courses. They mean the last full year of courses you took (i.e., 10 standard courses). This means that realistically, only your final year is assessed. If you applied for Fall 2019 intake and are not done your degree, this likely means your Winter 2018 and Fall 2018 grades will be assessed (given that you took a full load). 

11 hours ago, docyosh said:

I wish you all luck for your applications ?. I already had a reject from University of Alberta last week. I have applied only to these two schools. Are you a domestic applicant or international?

Sorry to hear about Alberta. I'm sure you'll hear some good news from your other application!

I'm a domestic applicant. 

8 hours ago, slubcoda said:

Aw that's in a while. UofT wants a response by March 7th so I probably wont even get the chance to consider UBC if they accept me.

Hopefully, they respond sooner than last year! 

Fingers crossed for you :) 

3 hours ago, alb83 said:

Hopefully, they respond sooner than last year! 

Fingers crossed for you :) 

Thanks! I prefer uoft because of the specialization, but ubc is a lot closer...

Got an email today saying I got recommended for admission for the MScPH at McGill. Still confused on what this "recommendation" part means though? 

Also says upon final approval, I have till March 22 to make a decision. 

5 minutes ago, PHSE said:

Heard someone got an offer today, have you heard back yet?

I have not..

Yes I heard back earlier today with a conditional acceptance. 

They basically said to reply to them soon and then they will start emailing people on the wait list.

Hope you hear back soon!

1 minute ago, KM21 said:

Yes I heard back earlier today with a conditional acceptance. 

They basically said to reply to them soon and then they will start emailing people on the wait list.

Hope you hear back soon!

Thanks for letting me know!

Congrats!!

17 hours ago, weston97 said:

Got an email today saying I got recommended for admission for the MScPH at McGill. Still confused on what this "recommendation" part means though? 

Also says upon final approval, I have till March 22 to make a decision. 

I got this too! not sure what it means... i hope it means we're in!